Which belief system most closely matches my religious/spiritual beliefs? 2021 poll

Discussion in 'Religion' started by James R, Feb 11, 2021.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Here's a survey that we've run a few times before on sciforums. Post your results if you want to!

The Belief-o-Matic asks questions about your concept of God, the afterlife, human nature, and so on, then tells you what religion is a good fit to your beliefs.

https://www.beliefnet.com/entertainment/quizzes/beliefomatic.aspx

Note: the quiz asks you to sign up at the end to get full results emailed to you. Sign up if you want to (I didn't). But if you choose not to sign up, post the single "best match" result, which it tells you.

Here's another version of the Beliefnet quiz, presumably stolen from there. This one gives a ranked list of how closely your views match with various religions, without having to sign up to anything. There are lots of ads, though.

http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

More generally, the following quiz compares your level of religious devotion to a sample of 4000 Americans, without looking at specific religious views:

https://www.pewforum.org/quiz/religious-typology/

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Dennis Tate likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My results: Secular Humanism (from Belief-o-Matic) and Solidly Secular (from Pew). No surprises.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hmm, I'm a Unitarian Universalist. Pretty accurate.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. elte Valued Senior Member

"
    Your result is
    Secular Humanism
    Your beliefs match closest with Secular Humanism!"

"Your best fit is...
    Solidly Secular"

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My top 5, according to the selectsmart quiz:

1. Secular humanism (100%)
    2. Unitarian universalism (88%)
    3. Non-theist (79%)
    4. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (75%)
    5. Liberal Christian Protestants (60%)

My upbringing could be fairly described as Liberal Christian Protestant, so fairly accurate.

Further down the list (less than 50% match) come non-theistic religions (Theravada Buddhism, Taoism), then Reform Judaism (which seems reasonable, if you insist on being a theist). Then we get some less liberal religions. Then comes some nutty pseudo-religions (25% match with Scientology? Really? I'd rather be a Mormon, on 16%). At the bottom of the list are Hinduism (8%), various "orthodox" conservative Christian religions, Islam (6%) and lucky last the Jehovah's Witnesses, which seems sensible enough.

Probably not the way I'd personally rank them if I had to try to assess my own beliefs, but not badly wrong for the most part. And it nailed Secular Humanism, which is a good match.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

It gave "Unitarian Universalism" for me... but we dont have any manditory or simi/manditory beliefs/doctrines.!!!

Dennis Tate likes this.
  10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

*bump*

No interest?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  11. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Your result is
    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
    Your beliefs match closest with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

That is kind of nifty.....
    I do regard Latter day Saints as some of the nicest Christians that I have ever met....
    and I do like the fact that they teach hope in the afterlife for the deceased.

https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-41-the-postmortal-spirit-world?lang=eng

12. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

I also believe very firmly in eventual universal salvation.

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/gay/christian-andreason.html#a04h

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

If god wants to chat, she knows where to find me

I also know a few good english teachers/tutors
    of course
    if english is the ending language, having a starting language might facilitate the process?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  14. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Theoretically.... the division within the nation of Israel at this time over vaccinated vs non-vaccinated.....
    could be addressed through a plan to teach English as a second language to Israeli's whose first language is either Arabic or Hebrew?