Where's the LIKE- BUTTON?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Bebelina, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Balerion Banned Banned

Oh, you mean having a button that will share your post on your Facebook wall! I thought you just meant a "like" button, sort of like what they have at thescienceforum.com. Yeah, sharing on FB is probably a cool idea.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No sir I don't like it. If I wanted to go on Facebook, I would go there. This should be a Facebook free zone.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Don't make me poke you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Who are you going to LIKE first?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

9. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Exactly!

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Nonono, there should be no such thing as a Facebook-free zone here whatsoever! You don't have to use the function if you don't like it. Besides Facebook will not invade Sciforums, the contrary, Sciforums will rule on Facebook too. Try and see the positive side, don't fear change.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

All of MY posts!

And the posts where people mention ME!

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Not good enough.

13. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

You don't get a LIKE button for your own posts. No patting yourself on the back.

14. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Oh COME ON, I promise to like some of yours too...:grumble:

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

17. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Personally, I quite appreciate a bit of positive feedback for all the reasons that KJK and others have mentioned. When I am short on time, I romp through the forums and place a 'like' on worthy posts even if I do not have time to reply. This small exchange of energy is frequently sufficient to encourage a vested poster to continue working at developing the thread or concept that they are sharing.

The forum that provides me with the most intellectual stimulation and positive feedback is where I end up spending more of my limited time.

By the way, many of the previous features of this forum seem to be missing and the log-in is pretty weird on my end. I'm not sure if these changes are intentional or if this site is under attack. I'll be traveling the peripherals until I am satisfied that all is safe.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There's still a few minor bugs, if you catch one please try to be descriptive about it as it makes it easier to hunt down the right fix for the job.

Most of the bugs that currently exist are just down to the depreciation of previous PHP version, where the newer PHP version attempts to address some security issues. Unfortunately some of the things it fixes breaks the older less stringently sanitised code.

Incidentally on the old "Like" button topic (I know it's quoting myself, but it was posted at about the same time as this thread was updated):

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread...eport-button&p=3213316&viewfull=1#post3213316

19. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

When I go to log in, my name does not come up on the first letter prompt and my password is visible and shows in type. This is only happening on this site, none of the other forums that I frequent and I do not think that I have changed any of the parameters for this forum. Smilies are not working for me and all of the icons for image, links, video, quote, are not displayed at all. I don't know what to think. Hubby was not home and the cat was outside so I don't think anything could have walked across my keyboard and made all of these changes...

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I just had the same bug occur with the login, seems to be the top login having the issue, the "retry" box works fine.

There does seem to be problems with thread editing, it looks like the WYSIWYG editor has corrupted.

Along with that there seems to be a problem with attachments also.
    I'll see what I can do to work out the fixes for these problems, until then make do where you can and try not to login using the top login process. (Just as a precaution)

21. Bells Staff Member

I was going to ask about this as well.. It appears as though the extra settings when posting in threads, appears to have disappeared. I checked my profile and it is set to have extra settings enabled, but none are showing up. Just the smiley faces options. None for font, tables, bold, italics, links, quote boxes, etc.. I miss my buttons.

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I know what the problem is, I've sent a message to Plazma about it. We should have functionality back once the problem has been resolved, there might be another annoucement about it then.

23. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Thank you Stryder, Plasma and others who may have contributed to the effort. Matters seem to be back to normal at my end.

Now surely I deserve a 'Like' for carefully detailing the operational difficulties to aid your efforts?

LOL...just pressing your buttons.