Where would you like to live?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Victor E, Dec 29, 2005.

1. vslayer Registered Senior Member

london is pretty much the same as LA, except there is minimal gang violence and far less unemployment(causing homelessness). i would have no real urge to live there really.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I really like London, been there three times, but esentially I'd like to live outside of any city. Not an option right now though.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valich Registered Senior Member

It rains too much in London. I always hear about the notorious London fog. Sounds depressing. I like sunny days: they're motivating, positive, enlightening, active, outdoorsy, and psychologicaly beneficial.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mercaptan Das Feuer liebt mich Registered Senior Member

I agree with this. I'm currently in Germany and I find it really really depressing right now. I grew up in NC, USA and there was plenty of visible radiation over there that just brightens the mood and energy. I miss it.

I definitely see myself wanting to live in some tropical, semi-humid environment.

Hmmm, to take a stab, I think i'd love Perth, Australia.

8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Sienna, Italy.

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

at the moment im thinking thailand,have only been there for a month but it was awesome.am in japan at the moment for a year,tis real nice but a bit cold.didnt realise how much i would miss the english countryside coming out here (there is literally no such thing as grass,just moss)

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

once you get out of the cities, japan is actually rather countryside-ish, but life still seems rushed over there even when you are in te middle of nowhere... japan just has a rushy mood to it that doesnt suit my tastes.

11. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

its quite strange,maybe its just because its winter but even in places where there would usually be grass (parks,hills,woodlands etc) there is just mud and moss.it is fecking cold so maybe its died and will come back in spring.

12. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I'll take a beach house on the coast of california.

13. Victor E Registered Senior Member

14. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Yes, but selling is something else than producing it. You said:
    And this is what Wikipedia says about that:
    So there you go. Everyone may use soft drugs, some may even sell it, but no one may produce it.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Alcohol is also a drug. Americans stuff themselves with prescription drugs. I didn't realize it was so bad until a guy had to have an operation and got pills from the doctor. His friends came to visit him to take some of those legal prescription pills.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

in my opinion
    love is a drug.
    the air we breath is a drug.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The air we breathe is not a drug but a poison.

18. valich Registered Senior Member

"Melbourne
    Australia’s second-largest city is quite arguably second to none, with in-the-know locals and avid Aussie visitors declaring Melbourne the more sophisticated, savvier sister of Sydney. A cosmopolitan melting pot, Melbourne (pronounced Mel-bun) is the cultural capital of the continent, with a magnificent array of eateries, boutiques, and nightlife options reflective of its fashionable and worldly patrons. Its vibrant riverfront attractions, fine European architecture, central squares, renowned zoo, botanic gardens, and galleries add to the allure of a winter visit – all augmented by the fact that while we’re mulling about in the dead of winter here, summer is in full swing Down Under."

How to Beat the Winter Blues: Top 10
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10776265/

19. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I'd like to live in the same general area as I already do (Ventura County, CA). I wouldn't mind doing without all the darn politicians telling me how to live restricting my rights the way Cali Law goes. I wanna live where I do now, but with rules similar to Oregon as that's the most "free" state in the U.S.

- N