where is god?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by yinyinwang, Nov 4, 2003.

1. yinyinwang Registered Senior Member

find out before worship.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Hi, yinyin, welcome to the religion forum. You've made a very prophetic statement. Where do you think God is?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Where is God

In the imaginations of those who believe in him.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

8. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

God is One. The One Spirit of God dwells within the soul of the human race. "The kingdom of God is within," so nobody had to die to give us this life force.

9. yinyinwang Registered Senior Member

you sounds like god.

10. Laser Eyes Registered Senior Member

MW, you've got it all wrong. God is a real person who lives in heaven. He thinks, he feels, he has a personality. He is not some kind of ethereal lifeforce that dwells within humans.

11. Yes Registered Senior Member

God is in everything. Sound like a meaningless answer, but that's what I actually think. In exactly everything from the smallest particle to the biggest, in our imagination, in our doubt, in what we even don't know exists. God is the essence of energy.
    But I don't worship God, just acknowledge Gods existance.

12. dagaz Registered Member

Why limit God to our limits? Surely God, by definition, must be limitless.

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Yes, you are right. To worship God means to deny the gift of life we have. God IS the essence of energy as you said. Worship the life you have been given by God. Otherwise, your existence is meaningless.

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Welcome to sciforums, dagaz. I agree with you. As human beings, we are limited, but when we realize that the One Spirit of God dwells with us all and we are One, the boundaries of our human potential are limitless.

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

If God = Infinity, then there are several possibilities. God could be the entire universe , which is spatialy flat or infinite according to mathematical models. Or God could be all of consciousness which is also infinite.

17. Yes Registered Senior Member

Spatially flat? Is that some new theory? Because what I've read it's certainly not flat, and not infinite either. It's bulgy and finite. What lies beyond the universe nobody knows, so probably nothing, the BIG NOTHING.

18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Yes, God=Infinity. God=Universe. I don't know about "spatially flat" whatever that is. I see God as the upward spiral of consciousness=reality.

19. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

He shares a flat with Santa Claus, and both of them get to bonk the tooth fairy at weekends.

20. Laser Eyes Registered Senior Member

Saying that God is a real person, that he thinks and feels and has a personality is not to limit him to human abilities. God himself tells us that he thinks but not like a human: "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:9 God himself tells us that he feels emotions. Before the flood the wickedness of man caused God to feel regret that he had created us: "And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and he was grieved in his heart." - Genesis 6:6 God can get angry: "So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses ..." - Exodus 4:14; "But the children of Israel committed a trespass regarding the accursed things; ... so the anger of the Lord burned against the children of Israel." - Joshua 7:1 Although he can grow angry God does say that he is slow to anger: "But you are God, ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, abundant in loving kindness." - Nehemiah 9:17 God also says he can hate: "You hate all workers of iniquity. You shall destroy those who speak falsehood. The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man." - Psalm 5:5-6 But above all else God says his primary motivation is love: "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8 God need not by definition be limitless. Indeed there is at least one thing that God can not do. God says he can not lie: Titus 1:2

I'll get back to you about your questions MW.

21. yinyinwang Registered Senior Member

If god is a person, how can a person control the universe? To control the movement of a tiny particle? Or is the particle out of God's control?

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Apparently god likes to hang around in churches and mosques, because that is where the religious people gather in copious quantities.

23. Laser Eyes Registered Senior Member

God is not a person like us. God is a spirit, invisible to us. He has great power and energy, so much that if we looked at God we would die. The Bible says that no man has seen God. Every little thing in the universe is under God's control, from the farthest star to the air you are breathing right now. The food you ate today was given to you by God. The spinning of the earth and the gravity that keeps you from flying off into space is maintained constantly by God. We live right now only by God's will.