When humans start to think we are superior to everything else....

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by PΛRΛDIGM®, Jan 24, 2005.

1. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Wasnt offended, just shocked. I hope any kids who may be surfing here dont get nigthmares about it.

The moderater hasnt deleted them, so he clearly doesnt mind.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

The thing is that one death is much the same as another to the corpse. How nasty it looks doesn't mean a thing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Noah's Ark?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh and Paradigm, you need to take those pictures off. It is good to take the good with the bad but you don't need to force it on anybody. Providing links with warnings attached would be a more reasonable thing to do.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xylene Valued Senior Member

There was a programme on Discovery Channel (it showed a few months ago in NZ). It was called 'When the Oceans Boiled'. It referred to an incident about 55 million years ago when the world's methane deposits came up out of solution, and raised the temperature of the atmosphere by about 8 degrees C in about 50 years.

I'm a bit dubious that they could get that narrow a focus that deep in time, but I spose they have their ways of doing it. Anyway, the programme people said it could happen again, beginning in about 2050. I'll look it up on the net and see if I can find a link for you to scope at.

8. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

No... Scramble's.

*edit*

I can't believe I just refered to myself in 3rd person.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  9. Gambit Star Universal Entity Registered Senior Member

Your a D**ckhead paradigm, I was really interested in what you had to say before you posted those pictures !

10. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

... yeah... nature wins... but we're not bad ourselves...

11. PΛRΛDIGM® (¨*·.¸ PΛRΛDIGM ¸.·*¨) Registered Senior Member

12. PΛRΛDIGM® (¨*·.¸ PΛRΛDIGM ¸.·*¨) Registered Senior Member

Sorry

Why, those pics is what is going on today, for real. FOR REAL.

Someone requested them, so I posted them. Whats the big deal?

So we should all not look at the pics, post warnings, the people who found these dead people on the beach did not get warnings..

thats the problem with america, we hide from everything we don't like or don't want to see. - if that was one of your family members - you would have to look at, or look through 100's of these pics just to ID your dead family member, we are all way too sheltered from what is really going on in the world today.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  13. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

I would think after a big f**koff tsunami hit the beach they wouldn't be expecting sandcastles.

...and thats why its called a tragedy. It's generally considered something to be avoided. Just because shit happens, doesn't mean I want you dropping a turd on my loungeroom floor.

Is it a bad thing to shelter a 10 year old who might be reading this thread?

14. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

I just threw up thanks PAR.

15. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Those nuke pics kick ass guys!

I always liked paintins of spacerocks hitting planets - its usualy ours .

16. river-wind Valued Senior Member

We need to not hide ourselves from reality. Death is not pretty, people do not ride off into the sunset, and those people are *dead*.

Just like you will be one day.

This a forum for science. Death is evidence of a state of being. Do not be afraid of that which you cannot hope to avoid.

edit:
    I do not feel bad for those who have died, as for those who dug graves in the hard sand with their bare hands, the day after.

17. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

i dont care if i die 1 day, as long as I feel Iv lived all I can 1st.

Perhaps death can be pretty though... esp. if life has got so ugly that your glad to end it. heroic deaths and deaths for love can be nice, noble, bitter-sweet.. (ah, sighin like Juliet!)

18. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Only when you are not holding the heroic dead's rotting corpse. Distance makes the heart grow fonder; and the dead more noble.

19. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Artistic? Perhaps - not all art can please all people, however. I agree with ScRaMbLe about the suitability of those images.

20. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Texas, our president's home state is the largest polluter of uncounted tons methane gas into the atmosphere. Texas, as you probably know has the largest number of cattle of any state in the union.

Geistkiesel

21. geistkiesel Valued Senior Member

Avatar, You must read "Cataclysm": Compelling Evidence of a Cosmic Catastrophe in 9500 B. C. by D. S. Allan, J. B. Delair (Paperback)

The authors are Oxford scholars and the book is professionally documented and convincing. Ice Age? I don't think so.

Geistkiesel