Whats Your Views On War?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anarcho Union, Feb 18, 2010.

?

Can war ever be justified?

1. Yes, when we are attacked first

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Yes, when its econimacly better for the country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, if we are defending someone

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Yes (other reason)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. No, we need to resolve terriost attacks peacefully

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. No, poverty is always better than death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No, its not are place to defend someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No (other reason)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

War IS a population control. No dead man ever made love to another human... And actually killing of women is a more effective way of controlling population....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

but they have had love made to them

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

That is correct. All the human and PC birth control methods don't work. The Chinese system actually worked but we look at them as human right trespassers and they are still growing as a nation just with a smaller pace. Not to mention they have an artifical man surplus.

Hey, I know a method that decimates males!!! It is called war....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jack_ Banned Banned

Well, given the fact that women are also in war, that implies it is equal decimation.

I am sorry, but I do not see it as a human right for someone to have children they cannot pay for and then ask me to pay.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

In modern wars it can be, but generally more men died in wars then females, which is fine since less male are needed to maintain the same population.

it never held back people from having children....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Jack_ Banned Banned

Wow, is this a picture of you and one of your family reunions?

The water is a little muddy. I'll bet the family has to git out of the water quick with the leaches and all.

joke

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is called muddiving for a reason...

11. CaliforniaDreamer Registered Member

I have to concur with this, mostly. On an individual level, I try to practice pacifism in personal conflicts. In a more broad sense, say on a national level, war is justified in self-defense. I would consider a man like Hitler and his actions a justifiable reason to go to war; if he had not been forcefully stopped, his evil would have continued to spread throughout Europe and perhaps the world. With that said, I believe that as man evolves, the species will tend towards cooperation and peace, not heightened conflict.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I tend to make a distinction between wars of defence and wars of NOT defence

Simplest example: Indian soldiers killing, raping, torturing Kashmiris = NOT defence. Indian soldiers protecting borders from enemy invasion = defence.

Ultimately though, I think wars serve political power and not peoples interests. Borders are as artificial as our need to defend them. Ultimately, the invaders too are paid cannon fodder for some political agenda and have more in common with the people they kill than those who send them to kill and be killed. When the bad guy is defined by which side of a fence you are on, it may be time to consider removing the fence altogether.

13. kororoti Registered Senior Member

I agree that it is natural, probably a trait we got from our own evolution process, but nuclear bombs are not a natural situation. Natural behavior only makes sense when you are in the natural environment for which it was designed.

Because nuclear weapons would absolutely certainly be brought into the fray.

I think we're afraid of marginalizing any one group now, because war has become like a bunch of fighters gathered together in a sealed basement, each with a sword in one hand and a hand grenade in the other.

The trick is figuring out how to square off and kill each other with the swords, but without any of the losers deciding to throw their grenades out of desperation when the battle starts going against them.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  14. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

We should declare war on any country that has a literacy rate of lower than 70%, especially if people from that country visit the USA and declare Americans to be "stupid" because they encountered different customs and norms from what they are used to. If the US were to declare war on such a country, I would gladly fire the first shot.

However, I will not assign a word that is rooted in the meaning, "confusion," to a calculated military procedure that is designed around the principle of causing as few casualties as possible. If we were referring to a prolonged string of military engagements that resulted in more destruction than necessary for the errand for which they were intended, then I would call it "war."

15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

My view is that war sucks, but is sometimes necessary because there are things that suck even worse than war.

Personally, I don't think that war is morally defensible unless you're responding to an attack or a credible threat of attack.

16. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

agreed, war does suck, but it is needed at times. Hell, if we wouldnt of gone to war with Nazi Germany and Japan we would probably be speaking German about our great dictator.

17. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

I hope that the admins see that im not being insulting when I say this, but that was one of the stupidest, immature, and irresponsible things I have ever read. I mean please tell me you were kidding? Thats called genocide. I think you really need to rethink what your views on everything are. You posted very hateful things on my thread about gay rights, about how "homophobes" need to die. Stop being so hateful dude.

18. kororoti Registered Senior Member

He wasn't talking about eradicating them. The #1 best justification for war that I can think of is a war to remove a failed, or unpopular government and then install a new and better one. For example: The American Revolutionary War.

If a country has a literacy rate lower than 70%, that's a failure on the part of their government. That government should be forcibly removed and replaced with a better one that will put a higher priority on education.

19. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

So its another countries responisblty to govern another? Many countries see Americas government a failuar so should they come replace our government?

20. John99 Banned Banned

Things didnt work out too well for Mussolini.

21. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

War is the continuation of politics through other means.

(Clausewitz)