What's wrong with women?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by clusteringflux, Sep 1, 2008.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Nothing except when it's hot. My friend forced me to wear shorts one summer in high school because he thought I was weird for wearing jeans everyday when it was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. I do that though I guess it is kind of weird. So now I wear shorts if its hotter than 100 degrees out and my legs don't sweat.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

But you do need to realize that your being upset at the way people dress is rather like people being upset at your telling others what is and is not acceptable to wear. One could just as easily say (not to offend, but just to make the point) "but don’t be surprised when someone does call you a busybody."

I get that you are unhappy with it, but again, some may be unhappy with your opinions, and anyone who tells you to keep those opinions to yourself is really being just as petty as you are when you play the game of "Fashion Police."

The truth is, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sometimes complaining makes people seem thin-skinned (and in the case, completely behind the times). I am sure the parents of the 12 year olds you label whores and the fat women you ridicule would thank you for your opinion, and then remind you: that's all it is. If they agreed with your opinion, the outfits would have been different.

If the worst thing going on in your life is you do not like the way people around you dress, and you have time to complain about it, I say your life rocks! At that point you should consider subscribing to one of those "for less than the price of a cup of coffee, you can save this child" things. First, it will give you someone to whom you can more legitimately dictate appropriate dress. Second, when you get letters from them about their lives, it might put the "scandalous clothes" issue in greater perspective.

I know that we all complain about whatever we have at hand, but this just seems silly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

"Yeah art may imitate life, but life imitates T.V." ani difranco

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I can understand that to a certain extent.
    Many people I know get facial piercings because it is frowned upon and they are extraordinarily self-absorbed.
    (not all, of course, but many, if not most)

Fact is, they are neurotic to a certain extent, no different that most "goths" are, in that they tie their self image and self esteem to how they look on the outside, while claiming to dress this way because they are rejecting the social ideals of those who place so much importance of how people look on the outside.

They crave atention and hope to get it by being hated my the mainstream, rather than being loved by it.
    At the same time, they are seeking adulation and acceptance from a "sub-culture" through their shallow, narcisstic actions.
    They are no different than those they are claiming to be rebelling against.

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Are you sure?
    I'm not saying that you are lying, I am just wondering how much thought and introspection you truly gave this.

:bugeye:
    Neither do baggy or well made, loose fitting shorts.
    Length really has little to do with restriction of movements.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Just remember, they are displaying themselves to exploit men, and looking is sexual harassment, so don't. I don't look at camel toads or hush puppies, so put that away.

10. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Damn, this thread grew wings. I'll read it and comment later.

11. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Hey,oim.
    Thanks for commenting. I'm also interested, though, in the apparent loss of self respect and stupidity that seems to come along with this obsession with sex. As I stand in lines and listen to these barley clothed, foul young ladies converse along the lines of
    "Omg, like duh duh duh, and like, fuck'n duh duh duh duh"

Then, I have to wonder if they even know that they've been duped by society(much like in the previously mentioned novel) to be concerned with nothing else than appearing to be a good screw.

Further, this is an issue of fashion.
    You don't have to look hard to find those girls who have NO confidence in their ability to be publicly sexual, yet they are half nude just to fit in with the crowd.You've seen them, constant fidgeting and trying to pull their non-existent shirt down so their crack doesn't show. The shirt keeps snapping back up but they just keep pulling on it as if one of these times they'll pull it down and it will magically turn into a shirt that fits.

I say this has gone beyond "joys of sex" to something far more unhealthy.

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Behold!

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Its kind of a subconscious way of directing attention to themselves by constantly fidgeting and adjusting their clothing, flipping their hair endlessly.

"Look at me...look at how mindless I am."

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  14. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

So they are trying to seem more like blow-up fuckdolls? I'll have to ask them about that.

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

"Pardon me, hottie, as that is what is written across your chest, do you want me to take you to the nearest alley and fuck you?"

16. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

A lot of thought. Okay not really, but I prefer to wear short shorts or pants when I practice martial arts cause long shorts do restrict my movement. (they get caught in my knee brace). And when I'm not doing anything athletic all of the long shorts I had in the past were annoying because the caught in places and they felt weird I didn't like them. They were all too tight. I tried looking for different styles and such but I didn't feel comfortable in any of them. Whether it was because they were too tight and I couldn't breathe or move like I wanted. Or they were to nice or dressy or so loose people could see my underwear if I sat a certain ways. And when my martial arts instructor recommended that I try shorter shorts they were so much better. So I stopped trying to please everyone else and just wore what I wanted. People called me a tom boy/ lesbian for wearing jeans all of the time in high school and now I'm a whore. Whatever there will always be people saying something.

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Fair enough.
    I was just curious.

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Those were the kind of people I was on about when I said some people do it for the wrong reasons. You can't just judge ANYONE with metal in their face as self absorbed and neurotic because of the likes of them.

19. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Of course not.

There are quite a lot of them, though, that help bolster that common conception.
    As such, I can understand why people have the prejudice.

20. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Those girls are so out of style. No one wears short shirts anymore. Long shirts are in style now. Made out of thin material that you can see through unless you layer it with other shirts.

21. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

I believe you.
    I doubt, however; that you can explain why.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMAO! :xctd::roflmao::bravo:
    Camel toads. Oh you're killing me!

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

You doubt that I can explain why shirts that leave your tummy exposed are out of style? Because the fashion moguls say so. You're right I don't know. Short shirts are actually pretty hard to find unless you wear little girls clothes. I like long shirts better anyway though.