Whats wrong with Humans?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

get rid of loo seats, get rid of loo seats???????

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Erm... I meant... glue them shut... ?

I'm cowering, I'm cowering...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Good for you. You’re an optimistic happy go lucky cup is half full instead of half empty kind of person. I would probably be optimistic also if I had someone to save me from the pits that I’ve been pushed fallen or walked into. I really do wish that I had your subjective view of reality.

I’m a misanthropic pessimist. I hate this world. I hate my life. I hate humanity. My subjective view of reality is hell. But I am also capable of trying to think objectively. Thinking objectively allows me to occasionally see the world as it really is. It allows me to observe the good and the bad within our society. It allows me to observe the world in an unbiased way.

When I am in my subjective state of mind all I see is pain and misery. When I am in my objective state of mind I still see a lot of pain and misery in the world, but I also see the potential of humanity. I see the potential for us to create a utopian society by using our science and technology to eliminate most of the excessive pain and suffering in the world. I believe that Transhumanism is the new cultural ideology that could eliminate most or all of our cultural and genetic flaws.

http://www.transhumanism.org

http://www.betterhumans.com

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

1. Are you a teenager?
    2. Do you listen to a lot of death metal?
    3. Want to divulge what the problems are that are making you so unhappy?

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

tsk tsk tsk

Why must the minority always get the publicity while the majority are unsung hero's.

You still do not get it, whether it be subjective or objective IT IS A FACT there is more good in people than bad and those that may spend more of their waking hours in the pursuit of doing wrong to others or the environment etc, THEY are the minority.

Even a murderer will have spent more time in acts of kindness than not. Human nature dictates it.

YOU are depressed hence your view is as it is , 100% subjective. YOU have NO objectivity...zero, nil, nada

You say no one has helped you when in your pit? So your doctor turned you away, you friend shut the door in your face, refused to answer your calss, never lent you their ear? Your family pushed you further into your pit and never offered you a branch to pull you out? Your neighbour never said good morning, a nod in your direction, a glance to show that they knew you were alive? The samaritans were permanently enaged, the salvation army were closed, where do you live? The moon?

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Oh and utopia is a fairy story, everything requires balance, and we require the bad in order to be aware of the good. Sufferring makes us stronger, enables us to empathise and reach out to others that before we neglected. Pain enables us to realise we are alive and to appreciate the pain free days and being afraid of death helps us to ensure we stay alive.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

indeed and add a fluffy pink trim. so its soft on my bot

11. q0101 Registered Senior Member

You say that I am depressed hence my view is 100% subjective. I could say that your view is 100% subjective because you are happy. Do you know what objectivity is? It means trying to think without emotion. No pleasure, no pain. Just rational decisions that are based on logic. And what is your definition of depression. (My definition, extremely low serotonin levels in the prefrontal cortex, high levels of stress hormones that has damaged your hippocampus, Ect.) There was a time in my life when I was extremely depressed. I’m definitely not happy but I am not depressed. I am a pessimist because I am not satisfied with the way the world is. I refuse to just accept things the way they are. You can say that things are good, but I prefer to say that they are not good enough.

You say that there is more good than bad. If you are talking about good intensions, then I will agree with you. But if you could observe the neurochemistry, electromagnetic activity in the brain, and the hormone levels of every person on earth for 24 hours a day for one year I think you would find that there is more pain than pleasure in the world. I am guessing that you live somewhere in the UK. You should try living in a war torn African or Asian country for a year, and then tell me how good the world is. I think it would change your subjective opinion of humanity. Or maybe it wouldn’t. Some people have good genetic traits that allow them handle stress better than others. (I don’t have it) Most of the people that live into their 80’s and beyond have this genetic trait.

12. Touchwood Registered Senior Member

Yes. That's it.

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I disagree plenty, I would say that in my life I have spent more time being unhappy and pretending to be happy, but still my opinion is the same. People have more good in them than bad, we are better humans today than we were yesterday and we will be better again tomorrow. Your problem is you want us to evolve quicker than evolution permits. YOU are an idealist an unrealist. Hence your disatisfaction with humanity today. You are not recognising the inhumanity of yesterday and the progress we are making.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You forgot dream analysts. The self sacrifice, the compassion....

... the sticky fingers.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

having your ass beat off isn't abuse you know, unless of course your father is a bastard. or are you talking another kind of abuse? sexual perhaps?

16. Possumking I think, I am? Registered Senior Member

Fool. Lets see you take on an elephant? Lets see you fight a tiger or a lion. How about a shark? About the empathy, who are you trying to kid? The majority of humans don't go out and care for pigs so that they will be better for eating. Those few who actually do work in the butchering industry mostly care about money. They barely feel any empathy towards the caged and immobile animals. They just want them to live and grow to the point where it is profitable to kill them.

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

For once I am able to agree with Q.
    You're just talking smack, TOR,
    seriously.
    shuttup.
    no one wants youhere, hear?
    just as no one wants me here.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

what are you doing, feeling sorry for yourself?

19. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

When an outside threat to us presents itself, we band together to utterly destroy it and, if possible, ensure this threat never lives to bother us a second time. Immediately after, we go right back to beating the crap out of each other for imagined offenses. I figure this just keeps us in shape for whenever the next threat raises its ugly head.

20. Possumking I think, I am? Registered Senior Member

BAH! Of course we want to here! In fact, if you're really curious about it you should start a poll. I promise I'll vote 'Stay.'

21. Possumking I think, I am? Registered Senior Member

You must not have been reading his posts lately. That's all he's been doing! Hey, but that doesn't mean we want him to leave. I like a diverse community

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

!

22. Possumking I think, I am? Registered Senior Member

I agree.

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

being beaten and verbally assaulted isn't abuse? Hmmm tell that to social services who remove kids from their homes for these reasosns. No it wasn't sexual abuse and no it wasn't my father. Sorry not to be able to satisfy your sick perverted need to have me discuss sexual abuse, perhaps you can make a request for some in a thread of your own? Perhaps you should take up one of your 'diversional hobbies' Leo?

I posted personal information for one reason and that is to illustrate to mr negative that just because someone presents an optimistic view does not mean they have sailed through life on a fluffy pink pillow with nothing negative ever entering their world. My world had plenty of drama in it, but the pro's outweigh the cons and I am able to see that. Hence my personal revelation which has now been deleted as 'persons' such as yourself appear to salivate at the prospect of 'sexual abuse'. I was not aware with the examples given that you would arrive at such a conclusion, I did list the type of violence endured. You missed it in your desire for something 'else'.

Interesting your only conrtibution here is something personal to say about me, why not contribute to the thread question ....for a change.