Whats up with the ps3?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Tnerb, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadark Banned Banned

Well, there's also not very many good games out for the PS3 yet (at least, what I see from EB games).

When GoW 3 and GTA 4 come out, I'm getting a PS3, come hell or high water.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

GTA 4 come out also for the 360. (I think)
    What is GoW.
    Either way, the ps3 will have the games you expect from sony, just as most all of the games are cross platform, anyway.
    I wouldn't take chances with the ring of death personally (360), unless you want to, it also has some high quality games though.

Blue Ray player kicks ass.
    Meh. Sony rocks! Go sony.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Uh, I already have given my opinion on the matter. Any charts and sales predictions I've given have been from Sony's side, so you're the one doubting their success, even though you seem to be cheering for it.

No it's not considering I've posted a couple articles about companies moving away from the PS3, whole franchises even. Just the names Take-Two Rockstar, Ubisoft, Koei, and Capcom are a huge ouch. Games off the top of my head: Grand Theft Auto IV, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry IV, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3, Beautiful Katamari, Fatal Inertia, rumors of Metal Gear, Monster Hunter 3, Bladestorm, Ace Combat, Armored Core, Smackdown Vs Raw, Ridge Racer, Enchanted Arms, Saints Row, Kingdom Hearts 3. Who knows what else in the future.

- N

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

well that's sucks another industry fuckin killed by microshit. Even PC gaming is sucking nowdays.

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I'm just calling it like it is, and I'm not the only one. Developers and other people in the biz can speak for themselves. I'll just stay quiet from now on and post only their words. That better?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

9. Kadark Banned Banned

GoW is God of War.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yes and most of the top develpers have said the ps3 is better say like ea. and i doubt kingdom hearts 3 will not be on the ps3. going over to the playstation was a great move by square enix and they will stay with them.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

dude i have bben checking and i cannot verify some and some games were niche games like monster hunter and ace combat or were types of games that are usually crossplatform vitra tennis ,vitra fighter. and as for kingdom hearts 3 its going to be on the psp acording to square-enix's website

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Here's two links that talk about some of those games:

And:

- N

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

I'm doubting as much as I can. I have just read in my magizine for example, that the Ps3 has outsold the Xbox 360s first three months in launch. By a grand total of 50,000 units. Not bad! The only thing that I really do not get, about your sales totals ... well, I guess I'll shut my mouth. There's a lot, and it's hard for me to find the proper words.
    Anyway.

No my friend.
    Rockstar is making GTA for the Ps3 and the 360. This is well known.
    These are not moving away from the ps3, it wouldn't hurt to have them be multi-platform.

Right GTAIV is gonna be multi platform. AC is multiplatform DMCIV is multi VF 5 is (V T?) (BK?) etc etc Metal Gear isn't going to be multi platform. That is like saying Final Fantasy XIII is going to be multi platform. Ain't gonna happen...
    KH3?
    Serious.

If they are nothing but multi-platform, I see the same games being multi-platform for the ps3.
    These companies are not showing me anything in paricular.

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah, Lol
    GoW 3 will likly be a Ps3 exclusive...

Just as any other Playstation exclusive should be.
    What the heck X BOX EXCLUSIVES are we looking forward to?
    lol

Fable?
    Come on...

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

fable will likely be a timed exclusive and bladestorm i think is a ps3 only at least i have yet to hear about it being on the 360

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

GT5 is lookin sweet; saddly midnight club is also transfering to 360. But it doesn't matter.

17. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Oh, haha, my bad, I just noticed my typo. I was wondering what Pjdude was talking about when he said Kingdom Hearts was gonna be on the PS3. Sorry, when I said "No it's not considering I've posted a couple articles about companies moving away from the PS3, whole franchises even.", I coulda swore I typed in something about losing exclusives to crossplatforming, etc. I didn't mean to say that list of games aren't gonna be on the PS3 anymore as most of em are, only a couple aren't, most of em are crossplatform. I was merely trying to show some games that were previously PS3 exclusives, but lost em either completely or to crossplatform.

Yeah, but multiplatform games cuts into the sales of one another especially when a game would normally be considered a system mover. And when someone has to choose between two systems, they tend to go with the one that has the larger library of established games. Games being multiplatform only helps the dominate console which the PS3 has yet to become.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&product_id=200266

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/834/834040p2.html

- N

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

acually the nest kingdoms heart games are going to be on psp and ds at least i think square's website is mostly in japenese also one of the main selling points of the ps3 over the is its reliabilty i have heard of people who are on their 5th 360 already.

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

LOL

5th 360.

That's a damn good reason to get a 360.
    I got at least 3 ps2s.

Oh well.

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is for the PSP, and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is for the DS. Disney wants Kingdom Hearts III all over the place though.

- N

21. Tnerb Banned Banned

Sad.
    I was expecting another playstation 2

22. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

What, you wanna own a 4th PS2?

- N

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

thats one of my main points doesn't matter how many or how good the games are if your console keeps breaking down so you cannot play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.