Whats up with the ps3?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Tnerb, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Completely agree.

PS3 wins hands down.

There isn't much debate to it in my opinion.

The fact that the ps3 is a very expensive consol does not matter. It is now 499$. That is not too much. What are people after. They more than likly are after the better of the consols. If you want a blue ray dis player, as well as Final Fantasy XIII and other amazing games that undoubtedly will come out for only the ps3, lets not forget the role playing games, you are definately going to want to go for the playstation three, sort of. See...

It 'doesn't matter' that the price is 100 dollars more. Even my family hardley ever had troubles with the prices of systems for christmas. Now that it is 499$, this is going to make things far too easy for adults and, even kids.

The playstation three shines in many areas.

The Xbox360 is sooner or later going to deceede. Let's not forget this...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

Correction.

Debate weather or not the 360 is going to deceede?
    That sounds a little odd do you not believe so!
    The 360 can't deceede! It's like, totally one of the greatest systems. Most people proably prefer the ps3 though...

Besides!
    How could the 360 deceede with as much momentum as it has, as well as as much games are currently BIG and for the 360.
    Sure.
    I agree with the fact that the big games are comming to the 360, as well as the playstation three. In my opinion, this matters, only right now.
    I would recommend to those looking for a next generation system to consider the facts.
    The 360 is not as high quality a machine as the ps3 is.

... I completely believe that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

LoL!
    Serioiusly neildo.
    If you intend at all to post the sales rates (if that is what that is) keep in mind that the ps3 has been out for not too long.
    You can't compare them like that, not only is it not fair but it is blasphemenous or whatnot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Xbox 360's sales and current titles speak for themselves, Ps3 doesnt have enough concole exclusive games to make me want to buy one. As we learned from the last gen graphics dont make a console, the games do and right now its 360 ftw.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Good point, do not forget to search behind the lines ............

I agree, they do speak for themselves entirely. It makes me want to throw up seeing so many amazing quality games for the 360 ONLY. And I PUSH this point. Still realizing that not only do the graphics not matter, as if they do a bit... but, the fact that the ps3 is making better games, and is BY FAR SHOWING GREATER POTENTIAL.

The moment at this time does not matter. 360 can create as many rpgs as they want. It will c reate sales and further the sales of the 360 even more.

But in the end, it comes down to what is in actuallity the best, and the playstation three takes that slot.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

um i believe the 360 is being out sold by the ps3 in most countries in europe.

10. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I believe the sales figures speak for themselves. Plus ps3 has shitty online play. Online is the way to go.

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

No way. Ps3 is creating a very unique online service.

Also, theres is free.

Don't post irrelevant reminders in a gaming thread for crying out loud!

12. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

What is irrelevant about my post? The one person I know who has a Ps3 doesnt even play it. I think that sony got too cocky when they made the Ps3. Its not all about raw power, its about price, and playability, and in both of those catagories the Ps3 is lacking ATM. Sure they dropped the price but Microsoft has less cost associated with building the 360 so they can drop the price further.

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

Whatever.
    You guys discuss this, I am threw.

The playstation 3 will win as far as the superior consol goes, I make the offer of a bet right now.
    5 dollars Shich
    Bet me. Got to go . RETARTED PARENTS

14. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

I never got what all the fuss regarding the Wii was about. All the games for the Wii kinda look childish apart from Resident Evil.

Anyone know if Grand theft auto 4 will come out on Xbox at the same time as PS3??

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Yeah. 360 and Ps3, interestingly enough

16. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I posted them for the person that said the PS3 is outselling the 360 in other countries, which the 360 has sold 3x as many.

And the PS3 only being out a year isn't an excuse for it's crappy sales. The PS3 was released before the Wii and it's already sold more than the 360 with it's year+ head-start.

Besides, when the 2nd-tier games start coming out that'll supposedly trumph the 360's, the 360 will be on it's 3rd-tier games that'll look better than anything they've released to date. And Sony isn't going to have a huge surge of people developing for them, especially those that know how to use all the cores in its cell processor. The 360 has three individual cores that people know how to work thanks to the more familiar coding it has whereas Sony has one core, with more tiny other ones that nobody knows how to work, and those are basically just used for physics, shading, etc, whereas the 360 can have all three cores do whatever they want, not limited to a single core with a buncha tiny lil ones that do miscellaneous things that the PS3 has. Not to mention the video card and RAM on the 360 is better than the PS3. People keep talking about ooo, the cell processor, the cell processor -- big whoopedy-do. And developers aren't gonna want to code their game using all the cores because that expensive chip they use comes with 1-3 dead cells anyway, so if a game does come out that uses full PS3 potential, you'll see crashes worse than the dreaded red rings of death trying to access those dead cells.

With this long of a head start the 360 had because Sony kept trying to cram more goodies into their overpriced PS3, the 360 will continue to stay ahead. Gonna wait another November or Christmas for the newer games to come out and see if the PS3 buying spree will happen? 3rd-year games with an already strong following up 15M+ (greater if you count 360's that'll be sold till then) owners. Good luck. I'm more curious to see though if the 360 will manage to outsell the Wii. PS3 is stuck at 3rd.

BTW, PS3's first-year sales are lower than the 360's first year.

- N

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  17. Tnerb Banned Banned

I am still making that bet.

Anyone care to make the conditions

18. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

That the PS3 will outsell the 360, or outsell all the current platforms? Hey, I'll bet against both. Sure, $5 per, I guess, as that's what you offered the last guy.

- N

19. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Welp, so much for the PS3's sell run against the Wii.

- N

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

C'mon, all you developers, jump on over to the PS3 and make lots of money! =P

- N

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh.

- N

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

I am not making the bet that it will outsell the consols. I am making the bet that it is the superior of the consols. This is hard to distinguish I guess. What it comes down to is in the end the PS3 being the ultimate home consol (like the ps2 was). Whereever we get the statistics from is fine with me. But it should happen at least a year or so from now. Which is sort of odd to bet on a thread that will then be that old.
    But if we can show each other how the consol is better (and it will happen, as it happend with the ps2, as it can happen right?)- then that is what I am gonna bet on..

23. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

But the PS2 wasn't the superior of the consoles last year, if you're referring to power, which obviously you are with the PS3. What made the PS2 so great is that it had a super list of games (tons of exclusives as well), due to the sales of it, so developers went with the most popular system. It doesn't matter how powerful the PS3 is if developers can't afford to make games for it. Without a good list of games, a console is meaningless and won't survive.

At least with last-gen systems, developers could afford to make games even if it was on a less popular system such as the Xbox (most powerful) and Gamecube (second most powerful, and only 2M in sales behind the Xbox), but the PS3 costs way too much to developer for. That's the problem with powerful machines, including the PC. The more stuff you're able to add, the more it costs to develop, which applies to even creating and buying the console itself. So you can either make a killer game which costs a buttload and most likely lose money on, or you make a sub-par game having to take out things due to development costs (or worse, scrap the project altogether or move to another system), which winds up being a waste of time as the game will suck.

- N

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.