Whats the saddest thing you have seen?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by c20H25N3o, Nov 24, 2005.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Meanwhile,

Yes. Well. You are aware that there are things called comic books out there? And that people read them? And that in these comic books 'Mwahahaha!" is actually a rather common word?

Well. Good for you. I distinctly remember using the word long before I ever came to Sciforums. You may not know this about me, but there was a time when I was quite the D&D nerd. "Mwahaha!" is not only common in comic books, but is also a common word in D&D. You know. Evil wizards and all that.

So. Maybe Gendanken was your first introduction to the use of the word, she wasn't mine.

Oh? Examples, perchance? I can only think of one. I've noticed that I use "kidding" when once I used "j/k". The same sentiment but a different word. I think that it's probably Gendanken that I got that from.

Now. The question is, "What's your point?" Do you have one?

Heh.
    That's just sad. If you're incapable of discerning the many differences in Gendanken's and my style of posting and in our ideas, and in the methods we have for expressing our ideas, then... Well.
    Heh. Right on topic.
    Not exactly the saddest thing I've ever seen though. Not even close really. But still sad.

Frankly, I suppose I should feel honored. Gendanken is a very talented writer. However, I think that even if there are some superficial traits that I might have picked up in my time with her (and vice versa, by the way) there are still a huge number of differences. Far more differences than similarities.

I suspect you're exagerrating. Trying to get under my skin.
    Yes?
    You might as well stop. It won't do any good.

Anyway.
    Pixel was an idiot.
    And. I know who you are now.
    Muahahaa!!!
    I'd had my suspicions, but Pixel cinched it.

Roman,

You know. I've wondered if the name 'Valich' means something. If it's some sort of clue or something. It really is a cleverly constructed creature. I suspect that the person behind the creature would enjoy taunts like leaving clues behind as to its nature. Kinda like how Meanwhile did with Pixel up above.
    I haven't had any luck with the name Valich though. (Not that I've tried that hard, mind you.)

Well. I have stayed away from it for awhile. It said some especially stupid shit today and I couldn't help myself.
    It really is a clever idea.

You. Cocksucking. Bastard.
    (I still can't do it when I think about it. It just happens when I think fast. Machine gun bursts of words. Rat-tat-tat-tat.)

Anyway. I think it's main intent was to mock me on a different score.
    I wonder if it thinks my 'cut up, over punctuated style' is another thing that I've borrowed from Gendanken. I know that she occasionally does put periods between words for emphasis. And I suppose that is another writing trick I use from time to time, but my cut up sentences are something else entirely. You know, I read Fight Club a while back and actually thought it was interesting in that the sentence style of that book bore many similarities to my own style. Cut up sentence wise, anyway.

(And. Yes. Meanwhile is another it. All these fucking its around here. It. It. It.)

Harlequin,

Shhh.
    That doesn't suit its purpose.
    You see. I'm just a poser. A rider of coat-tails. That's what it's really trying to say in its oh-so-indirect manner.
    Anyway. All those people? They stole it from her.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Harlequin Banned Banned

The saddest thing that I have seen?
    Destruction, now, of what I dreamed.
    A vision wrought of things to come,
    Gone now, burned to ash and done.

A thought I have, to wax poetic,
    At times it does seem quite pathetic
    But when meaning found amounts to none,
    That which remains is a choice - to have fun.

Dreams are ash, but a thought remains
    I'm still alive despite my pains.
    When all that is incites a grin,
    From this was born the Harlequin.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I think that you, QQ, either weren't paying attention and skipped something, or you are enlightened (and I mean enlightened in the fullest Buddhist sense of an arahant).

"Sadness" or "empathy" are states that are responses to seeing a certain event, but in an unenlightened being, they are not "automatic", a "second nature".

Carefully observe yourself; meditate. See that the first thing you experience at an event like 9/11 is a thrill, a great intensity. Only after that does the socially conditioned response set in, that of having empathy, feeling sadness.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

My dog (and best friend) have a massive coronary and die in my arms.

Still fucks me up thinking about it now and it was over 10 years ago.

The Flemster.

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

And that's another thing that is typical for many people: it's easy to have compassion for someone you do not know. It's easy to feel sad over things that did not happen to you or someone close to you.

But try having compassion for the person sitting at the neighbouring computer and yelling at the screen. Try having compassion for the person with an ugly rash on his skin, standing close to you on a crowded bus.
    Try having compassion for the person typing this post, or for the person who has written the post I'm responding to.

If you see them from a distance, they are "poor, sick people" to you. But up close, they're ugly, filthy, retarted, stupid. That's how it works.

9. Harlequin Banned Banned

Half a man will always hide, when he's on his own.
    Give him something, give him pride,
    let him call it home...

And here he is now, out in sight,
    Thinks he won something...
    but when he was all alone? His words meant not a thing.

(oh, and just as an aside - have y'all noticed they're getting bigger?)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  10. valich Registered Senior Member

Don't feel alone. After my lifelong canine companion was diagnosed with kidney failure and only given two months to live, I was able to keep him alive - happy and painfree - for a year-and-a-half. At the end he died of multiple seizures in one day. The last one was probably too much for his heart. He died in my arms staring me in the face with his eyes wde open. I don't think I will ever be able to get over that.

11. Facial Valued Senior Member

One of the saddest things I saw was watching a happy, innocent bird getting trapped in the La Brea tar pits. It was still struggling to survive when I left, but I knew for certain that it would never get out of there alive since its feathers were saturated with all that tar. The pit was very large, fenced off, and the poor bird landed in the center, probably trying to fetch nest-building material.

12. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Mate, I think open coffin funerals are horrible

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Ah shit! you reminded me of his big, scared, questioning brown eyes as he convulsed and died.
    Damn, that was a tough day.

The Flemster.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Americans trying to defend the 'greatness' of their country.

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Meanwhile,

Then your impression would be wrong.

Especially when Gendahling says it, yes?
    I wonder though. Do you really think you'd have noticed it? I kinda doubt you paid much attention to me until Gendanken and I met and began posting in the same threads often.

Also. I don't really think that you remember it right. As far as I know, she 'coined' the phrase long before I started hanging with her. Before I even noticed her beyond the mere inane "what a bitch" observation that people usually have as their first impression of her. (At least some make it beyond that initial observation. Some don't.) Anyway. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. I don't really remember a time where she didn't say it. Or a time when she specifically 'coined' it.

You're the expert on Gendanken and her use of "Muaha!". Why don't you tell me when she 'coined' it? I can then tell you if I was her friend at the time.

(I'm completely serious in this, by the way. I really don't think that my use of muaha is in any way derived from her use of it. If I thought it was so, I'd admit it just as I've admitted to saying 'kidding' and using the "Fuck.You.All." period emphasis thing. Those are really the only two things that I can think of that I've 'borrowed' from her. And I'd say that it's not so much imitation as it is just people who talk together often picking up some of the other's mannerisms as a form of expediency. If I were imitating her, I'd have picked up quite a few more of her mannerisms. I sure as hell never have picked up enough that your claim that you couldn't tell us apart is valid. Anyway. I see nothing wrong in the whole thing as long as it's just a little bit here and there, not a complete style revamping. So, I'd admit it if I thought you were correct.)

What versions? The ones that Harlequin used? Muaha. Buaha. Mwaha. Bwaha. Bahaha. Etc...? They're all pretty common.
    It's really funny that you attribute it to her. You seriously never saw it before her? Where do you live? You hang out with a very uppity crowd or something? Look down your nose at comic book geeks? D&D geeks? Video game geeks?

I love your characterization.
    What an interesting outlook you have.
    Om. Muaha. Om. Muaha. Om. Muaha. The path to enlightenment is through the holy Gendanken.
    Heh.
    Question: Do you believe you can be friends with a goddess? Is sycophancy the only method of interaction you understand? Well. Sycophancy and ridicule? The two ends of a spectrum?
    No offense. I'm just trying to understand your point of view here.
    It's pretty much alien to me.

I like how you come right out and say that your main interest is in the dirty, behind the scenes bit. Fuck the content. Let's get to the sex, right?
    Dirty-minded little boy you are.
    Heh. Funny. I was giving Gustav shit about gossip (and I know you saw) but you're the real gossip, even if you don't have anyone to gossip with. You just love digging into the personal, yes?
    I bet you check people's medicine cabinets? Probably sneak into their bedrooms to dig through drawers if you think you can get away with it?
    How cunty.

We?
    When I see this, I often wonder if the sock puppet isn't one of those used by multiple users.
    Are you?
    My gut says no.

Maybe. Maybe not.
    I doubt you'd have noticed though. Not until I 'joined the party'. Not until you observed me in the presence of the holy one, eh?

I didn't mean to suggest you did. "Introduce" meant that her utterance of the word was the first time you've heard it. Apparently. (Something I still find odd, by the way.)
    And. I bet you'd never dare use it because you associate it with Gendanken. And, you seem to have issues with being unique. How dreadful it would be if people thought you were using Gendahling's mantra.
    Heh.
    I bet it really got to you when she used to jibe you about being up Wanda's ass, huh?

Is 'chic' another word for cunty?

I see her as a talented and intelligent woman.
    I also see her as a friend.
    Anyway. You forgot one.

Well. That's a load off of my mind.
    Muchas gracias, senorina.

You just liked her because she was a taste of a follower for you.
    You would like to have followers, right? Just like you think that others have?

'Big shit'?
    An odd phrase from you. It seems blatantly out of place in your 'style'.
    I wonder what that discrepancy means? Did you do it on purpose? Or was it a sign that you don't appreciate being discovered?
    Hmm.
    Whatever.

And another.
    I wonder if you performed a 'gendankenism' on purpose or accidentally?
    Of course, she says *grin* not [grin]. But still the same thing.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Spurious,

You're just pissy because here in America you're.Actually.Expected.To.Bathe... *gasp* daily. You miss the stink of your homeland, yes?
    Muahahahaha!!!!!
    Kidding. (Although. I've often wondered. Do Europeans really stink as bad as is said? Do you think you'd even notice? I wonder if you will when you go back someday?)