What's the other 90+% made of?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Cassius Malachi, Dec 28, 2015.

1. river

True

And thats all science is nowadays. And people like pad just promote this kind of science over and over again. Maybe through awarness or maybe through ignorance. Either way it is not a good attitude towards science at all.

river

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

As long as those sites are peer reviewed by accredited scientists I will read them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The only apparent truth I see is a gullible crank that loves getting on this science forum, promoting his crank nonsense, and is more than likely banned on more strict science forums.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Would you, pad , like to see me banned?

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

I think what we'd all like is for you to get a clue and learn some science.

One less ignorant, gullible crackpot is one more win for logic and reason.

9. river

Yet I argue that your reason and logic is not so much flawed as it is old thinking. Is not imortant to advance science with new theories. This is what I try to do. You can and have disagreed with me ; no problem; but to see anothers perspective should be important.

river

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Given that your posts consistently lack reason and logic your arguments tend to be invalid.
    And I fail to see any benefit whatsoever in "seeing a perspective" that is as deeply flawed (and unsubstantiated) as yours.

11. river

Given that your posts lack reason and logic your arguments are old thinking. Therefore to more advanced thinking you are left behind.

12. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

I read something that horrified me a few years ago. In the olden days (100+ perhaps) Papers submitted to scientific journals were basically just published as they came in. Then, at some ominous point in time, "Peer Review" came in. The amount of papers that were rejected at the time by "Peer Review" to conserve the status quo of accepted scientific doctrine or because they sounded "impossible" (I refer you to the fact that the editor of the New York Times refused for 2 years to publish in his paper that the Wright Brothers had achieved heavier than air flight-despite having a reporter from his own paper witness it!) that have in the years since been proven right is shameful. The ego of man, especially the left-brained epoch we appear to be living in right now, is holding us back in ways we can't begin to fathom!

13. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

Your post reminded me of a quote (I can't remember it word for word or who said it) and it went along the lines of......"New theories of science only begin to gain ground once the preachers of the old ways begin to die off".....considering that people believed and taught the "wisdom" of Galen (doctor/surgeon of the Roman empire) for over a thousand years, despite the fact that as they were doing public autopsies demonstrating how in humans, the left kidney is higher or lower on one side (as it is on the monkeys that Galen examined), even though it clearly isn't (and that wasn't the only falsehood that Galen propagated-though I'm sure with the best intentions) . And everyone at every autopsy saw this error but believed what the tutor was saying anyway, even though the physical evidence they were wrong was right in front of them! And so it continues.......

14. river

So it does

Thanks Cassius Malachi for your post above. I am not alone after all.

Thanks again.

river

15. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

Is there a way to message you privately? I think there is much we could have a good debate upon. No adverts for penis growth pills, promise!

16. river

Done

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And another claim that you can't support.

18. river

True

Because you have not posted on this thread.

Care to ?

19. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

"Here America, Here's American Gladiators! Shut up! Here America! There's 96 channels of it! Shut up! You're free America-TO DO WHAT WE TELL YOU! You're free America-TO DO WHAT WE TELL YOU!" - Bill Hicks

20. Cassius Malachi Registered Member

Can't you see the contradiction in what you said?....."and is more than likely banned on more strict science forums".....TRUE science is not supposed to be censored! If you censor information, how can it be of any value to anyone?! (drug companies doing multiple trials of the same drug and only submitting the results of those trials which produced positive effects if a very common example of this type of censorship) I imagine that you would be fully behind the catholic church when they demonized and penalized Copernicus, Galileo and the introduction of spectacles!

21. river

But will you understand them?

22. river

Can't you see the contradiction in what you said?....."and is more than likely banned on more strict science forums".....TRUE science is not supposed to be censored! If you censor information, how can it be of any value to anyone?! (drug companies doing multiple trials of the same drug and only submitting the results of those trials which produced positive effects if a very common example of this type of censorship) I imagine that you would be fully behind the catholic church when they demonized and penalized Copernicus, Galileo and the introduction of spectacles!

Cassius Malachi likes this.
  23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah... true science isn't censored - it just stops the worthless (and confusing to those who aren't yet educated in science) input of cranks, anti-science nuts and irrational people.

Your error here is to suppose that the drivel posted by the likes of river IS "information" - it's not. And doesn't help science in any way.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!