Whats the healthiest way to gain weight?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Pinwheel, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Whats the healthiest way to gain weight? What foods should I eat? I don't want to pig out at McDonalds everyday. Plus I never feel hungry, I eat out of routine and habit. I could easily go a day without eating and it doesnt bother me.

I'm thin as a rake and the last hooker I was with commented on how skinny I was. I tried muscle building exercises but that just made me lose weight faster.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Depends upon your height and weight now. If your underweight for your height but not by much I wouldn't try to do anything. But if you are more than 25 pounds under what your height / weight is supposed to be there are many ways to gain the weight and not have to eat junk food to do so.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Try supplements and extreme workouts.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Nothing helps appetite like pot.

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

First off, you shouldn't be concerned about weight. Muscle mass is what you want, and short of using anabolic steroids, it isn't easily added if you are of a naturally thin build (and it sounds as though you are). Wolfing down loads of calories could see you ending up with a fat abdomen, and retaining pencil thin arms. If you are serious about this, I'd suggest joining a gym, and consulting with one of the trainers there to outline a workout regimen, and a diet plan.

When I was sixteen, I was 6'3", and weighed about 155. Getting a little older helps, but I was also one who spent time at the gym. I never became huge, but I did get stronger, and add muscle mass. I got up to about 185 in my twenties. The trouble is, my muscles shrink as though you're letting the air out of a tire as soon as I stop exercising. Lifting weights really is akin to pumping up a leaky tire.

If you are not so serious, pushups, pullups, situps, and maybe a set of dumbbells, for curls and such, could help you achieve your goals if you use them consistently. That, combined with a sensible diet with enough calories, while not too high in fat, could get you to where you'd like to be.

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I know but the last time I smoked pot regularly I actually lost loads of weight.

10. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

not just any though...

there are two basic types..the ones that make you lazy and the ones that make you munchie..

hopefully the brand you have has more munchie in it than lazy...

11. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Also for some reason when I do manage to put on a few kilos it seems to go to my face.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  12. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

The following suggestions from a quick web search:

13. hardalee Registered Senior Member

Beer and french fries. Trust me.

14. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

You're like me. I'm a rail, and I can't gain weight no matter what I do. With your body type and metabolism, you probably will loose weight when you lift, at first. You'd have to drastically increase your calorie and protein intake. Try bumping up your daily calorie intake. especially right before bed. Though more than likely, you'll end up with am unsightly belly if you do so without working out.

Bump up your calorie intake and protein intake and workout, and you will gain weight eventually. Though it will take time. There are healthy sources of calories too. I eat a lot of avocados and bananas. Very good pre workout food!

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Alcohol does slow metabolism, but then you'd get a beer gut.

Weight gain smoothies? Lots of lean meats?

Eh, I have little good advice to give, as my whole family can put on weight like nobody's business.

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Nuts and dark chocolate, keep that on your desk and snack on it all day long. Highly calorric, lots of good oils and micronutrients.
    Get the whey from wellness resources, it has no fake sugars and it's flavorless. Put that in your smoothies.
    Get powder creatine from wr also, and put that in the smoothie too.
    Take B12. Instant hunger pills. 15 mins after I take one I need a banquet.
    Anaerobic exercise.

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

If you waant to gain weight then eat twice a day. Your metabolism will slow down significantly and you will put on some pounds.

18. Pinwheel Banned Banned

At the moment I only eat once a day. Fairly big meal, but only once.

19. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Cheese burgers, pizza , dairy, Rib eye stakes . Fat . He needs lots of fat in his diet . Me son is the same way . I buy him lots of high calorie foods. Lots of junk food . Pasta, bread, and the likes also . Lots of it . O.K. you like ice-cream ? Go for it . Eat the fat on your meat too . Buy that fattiest meat you can find. It is kind of tough with this world of low fat shit . You need fat plain and simple . Your not the typical American fat ass so you can handle it . Me son does and well he is still skinny , but not as skinny as he would be if I didn't feed him a high fat diet .
    Mechelle Obama get a life of your own , just cause you think your kids are fat don't mean all our kids are fat

O.K. learn to enjoy your food . You got taste buds right ? Exploit them . Try eating an oyster and this time when you do tell your self you like em. It is all state of mind. Potatoes with lots of sour cream and butter , Pour the salt to it too.

O.K. last advice : Fry all your food and ad bacon grease to everything .

Screw you health freaks drastic results call for drastic measures .
    Some people need fat

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Oh, also, get older

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seems that since my 26th birthday, I have no trouble maintaining my weight anymore. Now I'm 29 and I've been steady at 100lbs for years.

21. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Sorry, 110lbs.

22. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

do it twice, farily big meals for both :3

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Muscle is heavier then fat, when you first do extreme workouts you lose weight FIRST, but you'll be putting on healthy pounds afterwards. Supplements also work fast.