What's new in Syria

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Schmelzer, Dec 13, 2015.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, if Russia doesn't need it, then why are they carrying out this deception? Obviously, Russia feels the need for the deception else they wouldn't be doing it. Just because someone or some group wants something to be true, it doesn't make that want true. Just because Assad's regime wants to portray Syrian dissidents, it doesn't mean they are. This isn't Mother Russia where such practices are common.

Here is one of your basic problems, you have no credible evidence to support any of your beliefs - none. You have no proof the Syrian dissidents are terrorists. You have no evidence Syrian dissidents eat are cannibals and eat livers. But hey, that doesn't stop you from saying so. You don't let little things like truth and honesty constrain your rhetoric. What you have done and do consistently is mimic Russian state owned and controlled media. It has been repeatedly pointed out to you in the West, in America, we sources information from a multitude of sources both inside and outside our respective countries. Our media outlets are not state owned and state controlled. It's called a free press - something alien to Russians.

The unfortunate fact for you comrade is you have been proven wrong time and time again. You can only ignore reality for so long before getting knocked in the fact by reality (e.g. the shooting down of a Russian warplane).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Sorry for breaking the rules, I was provoked to do this by the following request:

So, the evidence exists, you have had time enough to see it, and it contained also the information that the guy who done this was from FSA, even his name was there. But to present this evidence here would break the rules.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

That you name it deception, without providing any evidence, does not make it deception.
    Its not my problem, but yours. I provide the evidence, you reject it because you don't like it. That you claim a source not to be reliable does not make it less reliable.
    Even you have copied the evidence in your answer, before it was deleted for violating forum rules. Of course, I have to admit that by posting a video of this liver eating gentleman from the FSA I have violated the forum rules. Sorry again.

An you are simply in denial of obvious things.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well if credible evidence exists, then you should be able to prove it. Videos from specious sources are not credible. Anyone with a video smart phone can create a video. I guess you believe everything you see on TV too, because it is video and if it's on video by Putin, it must be true.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You have consistently struggled with the issue of credible sources. State owned and controlled Russian media or Syrian media or unnamed bloggers are not credible. Further it doesn't change the fact that Mother Russia is attacking Syrian dissidents and falsely labeling them as terrorists.

Funny, everybody Russia doesn't like is a terrorist but the real terrorists. You know, the guy who has repeatedly gassed innocent men women and children with sarin gas; the guy who has repeatedly indiscriminately dropped barrel bombs on his people; the guy is who responsible for the flight of millions of Syrians; Russia's buddy and ally, the guy called Assad.

The fact is Russia is mostly attacking Syrian dissidents under the guise of fighting ISIS and leaving ISIS to the US and allied nations, including Turkey.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    brucep likes this.
  8. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

As expected from you, only an official statement of some US authority you will accept as a proof. That's why it makes no sense to prove things to you. You are known to be uneducable. So, of course, if I anwer to your "proof" cries, the aim of my answer is to provide evidence sufficient to reasonable people, which I expect among the readers, not for you.

And what you claim to be facts (without even a single bit even from unreliable NATO-propaganda sites) is nicely illustrated by the following nonsense:
    To put only some interesting information into this otherwise not very interesting reply let's not here
    http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-clears-the/ which describes a recent small offensive South-East of Hama, which has secured Hama itself as well as the Hama-Salamiyah Road, which has been reopened now.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The point is you cannot support your assertions with credible evidence but instead are heavily dependent upon Russian propaganda and specious web sites. The "US propaganda" you dislike isn't sourced from the US government but independent journalists from across the globe. That's the difference.

10. Bells Staff Member

Oh for goodness sake.

Their having done this is widely known and recognised and yes, confirmed at the time and then later.

The BBC even interviewed the guy who did it in that video.

"Face-to-face with Abu Sakkar, Syria's 'heart-eating cannibal" - Warning, the article contains images from the video and also he explains why he did it and who he did it to.

The video says otherwise. It is one of the most gruesome to emerge from Syria's civil war. In it, Abu Sakkar stands over an enemy corpse, slicing into the flesh.

"It looks like you're carving him a Valentine's heart," says one of his men, raucously. Abu Sakkar picks up a bloody handful of something and declares: "We will eat your hearts and your livers you soldiers of Bashar the dog."

Then he brings his hand up to his mouth and his lips close around whatever he is holding. At the time the video was released, in May, we rang him and he confirmed to us that he had indeed taken a ritual bite (of a piece of lung, he said).

Now, meeting him face-to-face, he seems a bit more circumspect, though his anger builds when I ask why he carried out this depraved act.

"I didn't want to do this. I had to," he tells me. "We have to terrify the enemy, humiliate them, just as they do to us. Now, they won't dare be wherever Abu Sakkar is."

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well if it was so widely reported, one would think Schmelzer would be able to reference it.

Schmelzer:

That my dear comrade Schmelzer is a credible reference and the article explains what happened and why it happened. It's called the heat of war. In the civilian world it's called in the heat of passion. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Heat of Passion

If this is the incident to which you are trying to reference, there are a couple of issues. One, it was a single incident, involving one person, one Free Syrian Army individual. It doesn't make everyone in the Free Syrian Army cannibals. It doesn't make the Free Syrian Army the terrorist organization you and your Mother Russia want and need it to be. If anyone had endured what this Free Syrian Army man had endured, they just might be driven to the passions which were clearly demonstrated by this young man. He witnessed the murder of his family by Assad's troops during peaceful demonstrations, and the rape and murders of a mother and daughter by the man he killed and whose heart he consumed. These things happen in war. People seem to think war is nice and tidy. It isn't. And this kind of stuff happens in warfare. War is an ugly business. But it isn't terrorism, it isn't the terrorism you and your Mother Russia need it to be. One provoked incident of cannibalism isn't terrorism.

And if this is the incident to which you refer, the organ eaten was a heart, not a liver. There is a difference between the heart and a liver. But whatever the organ eaten was, it was cannibalism.

brucep likes this.
  12. Bells Staff Member

Well in his interview, he did not seem to know exactly which organ he had eaten. They are [now] fairly certain it was his lung. Either way, what he did was deplorable under any circumstance and constitutes a war crime (mutilation of bodies of the enemy is a war crime). But if we are going to argue war crimes, then please, let's do so with an open and honest mind and not ignore the Assad's forces gassing civilians and using chemical weapons to kill them by the thousands, just as we should not ignore the war crimes of the FSA and ISIS and every other god forsaken groups operating in the region and just as we should not ignore Russia's deliberate targeting of civilians of Syrians who oppose Assad's regime when dropping bombs on them in their supposed war against ISIS..

And frankly, the interview Abu Sakkar gave indicated that he is mentally disturbed. This is the only incident of this having occurred and it was soundly denounced and condemned by the FSA.

Look, the guy was a loon, who bought his own battalion and funded it and then he had or did lose his mind. There have not been any account of cannibalism since then. I think referring to that as a reason to be against the FSA is as insane as supporting Assad's regime.

13. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Now what, is Schmelzer terrified of having his liver eaten, and that's why millions of wide-eyed people and their families must be bombed to death? Why would anyone want to kill Russians for livers anyway, when their best before date is usually some time in their early teens before the bottle gets to them? Well at least Assad's Shabiha only cut civilians' testicles off on Youtube, none of this savage cannibalistic Wahabbi stuff. Remember, ISIS is a terrorist organization in Europe, and so is Hezbollah's military wing, but the Hezbollah political wing which gives orders and supplies to the military wing is all in the clear.

14. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

For you, it is a credible reference, for me it is a propaganda source, in no way better than what I have linked. By the way, being your comrade is a defamation.
    So what about all the other guys, who have made a video of this, supported this, instead of simply shooting this cannibal?
    Feel free to support this gang of cannibals and cannibal supporters.
    Feel free to believe all what this cannibal claims to defend himself.

For me, BBC is now an agency which makes interviews with cannibals, which presents them in a favourable way.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  15. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

Quite interesting emotions have been raised by the FSA cannibal. For me, this was only a small, even if quite famous, example which characterizes those guys who fight against Assad. That's all. And the most interesting point is not that he has done such things, but that they have made a video out of this and distributed it, AFAIU, themself. They tried hard to be seen as cannibals, to create fear.

CptBork gives, as the reaction, a series of anti-Assad and anti-Russian propaganda, in a way which one can name fascist hate speech. Bell's reaction is not much different, he also claims propaganda accusations about gassing as if they were facts, and accuses Russia of deliberate targeting civilians. How often one has to repeat that Russia has never said that it fights only IS, but always said that it fights all terrorists, that means, all those who fight against the legitimate power with weapons?

The reason why Russia fights against all the terrorists is quite clear: IS and Al Qaeda one has to fight and to destroy to obtain a society where Christians and Alawites can live in peace. Most of the other groups cooperate at least with Al Qaeda, but often enough as well as with the IS, so, as long as they do, one has to fight them too. This is already the largest part of the terrorists. Some of them are horrible enough themself, like this particular cannibal, or the great leader recently killed Ghouta, Allousch or so, who's aim was to clear Damaskus from Shia and Alawites, and has creates a quite large coalition based on this program.

I have no problem at all if some of these groups switch sides and find some agreement with Assad, to fight together Al Qaeda and IS, or simply to stop fighting, even if they have been cannibals in the past. But as long as they fight against him, Assad is justified to destroy them, and Russia is justified to help him.

16. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I think at this point everyone can see that you have no points of your own to make, other than repeating official Russian government statements easily found on Google while dismissing any counter-claims as propaganda, no matter how extensive and obvious the evidence. As for fascist hate speech, I've never called for any international laws to be passed or any action whatsoever to be taken to stop Russians from drinking themselves to death, only for international action to be taken to make certain those Russians can't force their problems onto anyone else near or abroad. Fascist hate speech would involve condemning millions of unarmed civilians to death and landlessness under blanket dehumanizing accusations of cannibalism in Syria and Nazism in Ukraine, as you consistently do. The "facts" you present here are as empty as that silly non-existent 19th century luminiferous aether you keep trying to push in the physics section.

brucep and joepistole like this.
  17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have noticed everything you dislike and cannot discredit is a "propaganda" source with you.

Well if this is the guy you were referring to, it was one individual who committed a single act of cannibalism under the heat of battle. It wasn't representative of the Free Syrian Army nor is it make the act an act of terrorism. One person isn't a gang. And being honest doesn't make one a supporter of cannibalism. Two, it's funny how you can focus some so much attention on one person who acted irrationally one time and totally ignore Assad's repeated gassing of innocent men, women and children with nerve gas or his indiscriminate use of barrel bombs against innocent men, women and children. Unfortunately for you, the real terrorist here is Russia's ally, Assad.

You have no trouble labeling this man and everyone even remotely associated with him as terrorists and cannibals for a single act of cannibalism by one individual during the heat of battle. Yet you don't and won't call Russia's ally, who has committed multiple atrocities to thousands if not millions of people resulting in a mass exodus of Syrian refugees, a terrorist.

Well, if you have proof there was more than one cannibal or more than one incident of cannibalism, now is the time to prove it. Yeah, I think you have well established the fact that any news source which doesn't buy into and promulgate Russian state controlled and owned media as gospel as you do and dares to report the truth is somehow morally corrupt and an anti-Russian propaganda source.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  18. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I don't see why the crime of cannibalism even deserves to be compared to gassing, carpet bombing, cutting off testicles and all the other civilized things Assad's men do with Russian encouragement. Schmelzer must be jealous that someone outside Russia got to eat real meat, while back home they're starting to eat lipstick and phone books to cope with the sanctions.

brucep likes this.
  19. brucep Valued Senior Member

Schmelzer isn't into intellectual honesty. He thinks peers, that ignore his physics, are amateurs. That makes everybody an amateur. Everybody is an amateur or involved in some conspiracy to segregate his physics from a fair review. His politics is brain dead. Good post.

20. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

I don't argue that there has to be such a difference. The difference is that between one thing not only proven, but taken on video and presented to the public by those cannibal supporters themself, and the other being defamations.
    And yet another example of primitive Nazi propaganda against Russians.

21. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

?????????

Please, without defamations. Of course, those professional physicists who don't even know that my ether theories exist are unable to argue about the validity of ether theories today. But this does not make them amateurs, They are professionals in their domain of choice. And, as professionals (different from amateurs) it would take them a few hours to read my papers to become able to judge professionally about the status of ether theory today.

22. Schmelzer Valued Senior Member

You cannot know because you don't know what I like. That almost all sources you like I reject as propaganda is a triviality, as well as all sources I like you reject as propaganda.
    Nice to see how you defend cannibals. BTW, he was not an average terrorist, but a famous gang leader. And all his guys have applauded and supported him, made the video, and published the video because they were proud of their leader.
    It was you who has focussed on this, asking me repeatedly to prove my side remarks about FSA cannibals and headcutters. You have the proof, that's all. What I ignore is propaganda. There are no proofs of Assad gassing people. There is also no proof of intentional use of barrel bombs against innocent people - there is much collateral damage, because these barrel bombs are anything but precise, but this has improved then the Russian came, they are able to hit precisely, and do this, so that there is much less application of barrel bombs.
    No, this was a video, videos are made after the heat of battle. They were celebrating some victory, murdering prisoners and eating them.
    I couldn't care less. We all have seen now who continues to defend FSA even after the proof of cannibalism of one sufficiently famous FSA gang leader. This makes it sufficiently clear that whatever will be presented here about FSA will not be sufficient for them to accept the Russian decision to fight this terrorist scum.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Seriously....? Most people aren't as dumb as you need them to be. It's quite obvious what you like and what you dislike. Your posts give you away.

You consistently echo the Russian state owned and controlled media and ignore all evidence to the contrary. You have a habit of ignoring facts and using fallacious illogical arguments. Unfortunately for you comrade facts do matter.

Oh, and where have I defended a single terrorist much less terrorists. The truth is just the truth, and the fact is, you haven't been able to defend your accusations. As I said before, you take one incident by one individual which occurred in the heat of battle and you used it to to misrepresent the entire Free Syrian Army...not to mention you got your organs wrong. And the fact is you have grossly misrepresented this one incident in which a single individual ate the heart or lung of one member of Assad's army in the heat of battle while totally ignoring your buddy Assad who has waged very real terrorism on millions of people and has caused the mass exodus of Syrian refugees. At best, that's just not honest.

LOL....that comrade is another bald faced lie. What you do is ignore all evidence, all facts which do not support your assertions and you misrepresent facts as you have done in this instance where you misrepresent the acts of one individual and ignored all the evidence of Assad's terrorism. The facts of Assad's terrorists acts have been repeatedly put to you and you have repeatedly dismissed them as "NATO propaganda". You don't let little things like facts get in the way of your blind support for Mother Russia. Unfortunately, for you the rest of the world isn't as gullible as you and your beloved Mother Putin need them to be. The Russians came and began carpet bombing. That isn't an improvement, nor is carpet bombing all that precise. Carpet bombing isn't smart technology.

So I guess all those videos of actual battle occurred after the fact. That's nonsense. Where is the evidence they murdered prisoners and ate them. You do know the difference between singular and plural, don't you? Further, just because you had a small victory in battle it doesn't mean the battle ends. There is no maiden in a swim suit who walks onto to the battlefield and says the battle is over and announces the winner. That isn't how battles are conducted. And more importantly there isn't a switch in the brains of combatants which switches off immediately after a break in hostilities.

Yeah, it's very obvious you do not care about fact and reason. But, you have inadvertently confirmed what I and others have written. You and your beloved Mother Russia (i.e. Mother Putin) have no interest in fighting the real terrorists in Syria. Russia is there not to fight ISIS but to fight the Free Syrian Army and keep a very brutal and ruthless dictator in power. The guy who created this mess, Russia's ally a guy named Assad.

As I told you before there is a big difference between terrorism and dissidents. But given your history, I guess I can understand your confusion. While in Mother Russia dissidents have been branded as terrorists and enemies of the state, the same is not true in the Western world.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016