What's more barbaric, Hunting or Dog fighting?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Ganymede, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That is admirable, its sounds more like a way of life then a hunting party.
    Still you choose to do it while you dont have to. But as i am not a vegetarian it would be hypocritical to say anything about that.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

I base it on intelligence of the fish, intelligent fish wouldn't get caught in the first place.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Really... im done with this.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

what's wrong?

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please carry on the discussion without me, ive had enough.
    If i go through with this ill only get pissed of.
    Have a great day.

9. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Re-read my post: do I ever qualify hunting as being for sport? You made that assumption, and were wrong to do so. Hunting controls the animal population and puts food on the table for millions of people.

Stop being so pussyhurt about the circle of life and our foodchain. When we develop cost-effective ways to supply everyone with an adequate and complete nutritious alternative, we'll still have to control the population...

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oy. IAC, where are you when we need you.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

How do you think beef and chicken ends up in the store? Do you think those animals just lay down and die in their sleep?
    My Dad, brothers and sister all hunted. Its what kept us fed. Our neighbor gets at least 3 deer a year. Its what feeds his family.
    Here in MI, we have Ted Nugent, a huge pro-hunter. He started Hunters for the Hungry. They donate their kill to homeless shelters.

Hunters are HUGE environmentalists. They are the first to see changes in habitats. They keep things in balance. Do you know what feedlots, slaughterhouses, chicken barns do to the environment?

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Hunting for just the thrill of killing something is barbaric to me but if you hunt for the food then that's better.

Making dogs fight is not only barbaric but if I ever find anyone that has it going on I will personally see them put away for as long as the law will allow.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no they are farmed for the purpose of eating, my uncle had a farm many moons ago and he sold his livestock to resturants, he would farm cows, chickens, and pigs for slaughter and he made a good living he made sure his family were looked after.

but i belive that animals are put here for us has a food source has long has we eat them in moderation. i dont eat meat every day, and the less people eat meat the more animals will get slaughterd

14. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

The only animals I ever consider shooting when hunting are ones that qualify as having good tasting meat and having a decent amount of it. In other words, I like to hunt turkey, rabbits, and the occasional water fowl.

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

do you get decent amount of meat from a rabbit??

16. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

That's a highly inaccurate statement. The natural predators were hunted to almost extinction in most North American states. Lets take the Wolf for example. If we didn't hunt them to the brink of extinction, the big game population would be balanced. That's why they're protected now in some Northen Territories.

17. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Hunting for food, is different then hunting for sport. Learn the difference.

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Please explain in detail why killing animals for sport is humane? You're a total hypocrit in my opnion. Barbaric actually.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Well, its' natural. Survival of the fittest, and we need to eat don't we? Hunting is natural in nature

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

You think my dad, brothers, and sister didn't enjoy the hell out of it.???

21. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

You can get a decent amount of meat off rabbits if you know what your doing. Most of its in the hind legs and the sides, where all the muscle is. And rabbit does make for an excellent beef stew. You can usually get ebough meat off one to make dinner for one person. So five rabbits equals five happy people. The fur and fat can be used as tinder and bait if your on a prolonged hunting trip.

And hunting can be done very humane. You just have to make sure you kill them with the first shot so that there is no prolonged suffering on the animals part. Make it quick and nearly painless for the animal ( In the sense that they only feel a small amount of pain before death.) .

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Does Rabbit taste good?

I never really hear of people eating it in restaurants, but now I want to try it!

23. draqon Banned Banned

well they say it tastes a bit like sheep's meat, smooth taste.