what's McDonald's to you?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by scifes, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Maika Registered Member

i used to be addicted to McFlurries. i eat McD's once every 5 years. if i'm drunk enough.

oh, and it's delicious and gross at the same time. so you need to be drunk.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ja'far at-Tahir Grand Ayatollah of SciForums Registered Senior Member

Garbage, 'nuff said.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The McDonald Brother's did their part in creating the food industry in the USA. They took Henry Fords' idea of training a person to do one single task, like a robot, and applied it to food. They removed all forms of personal service. Got rid of the drive-up and invented the drive-through. They made sure each worker performed a mind-numbingly simple job so that they could be replaced like cogs in a food machine - quickly and cheaply.

And Americans loved it: Cheap, Fast.

The knockdown effects of this type of food service can be seen in everything from the beef to chicken industry. Animals (chickens) are "things" bred in total darkness never to see sunlight, walking, living and dieing in their own shit. You should see the machines chicken-units are run through. The last step is treating the meat with chemicals like ammonia to sterile the meat prior to shipping out to us to eat.

And Americans love it: Cheap, Fast.

That's the American way. Of course I wonder what effect this has on the way we see animals and each other. Cogs in a machine. Life is cheap, live it fast.

I hadn't eaten a McDonalds in years and I ate there about 2 months ago. Get this: Suddenly the next week I kind wanted to eat there again? Even though I felt ill after eating there the first time (the foods' just too sweet for me). So, I went there again - and got sick again, and then wanted to go back??? No, shit! I didn't go back

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But, I was thinking, wow, that shit is formulated for addiction. Probably the perfect combination of fats, salts and sugars?

Interestingly, McDonald had to reduce the sugar content of their "burgers" in order to sell them as a "food" in Australia. The sugar levels in the USA would have classified a McDonalds burger as a confectionery "candy" in Australia. So, they actually don't taste the same in AU. They're less sweet.

I read that 20% of Americans are expected to have Type-2 diabetes over the next 10 years. I think fast food restaurants like McDonald's are at least partly to blame. Kind of like crack dealers. If we have legal McDonald maybe we should legalize drugs? Sure a hit of crack every day is unhealthy. But once in awhile probably isn't going to hurt you. McDonald's every day is similarly unhealthy. But, once in a while - yeah, it's OK .... just like crack.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I agree, crack is made out to be waaay more dangerous than it actually is.

8. IamJoseph Banned Banned

Food suppliers like McDonalds and KFC will be the most important services for the future of mankind. Its about mass supply in a reasonable quality, not what one can do at home. If someone has a better way of catering to the masses, then they should not be discussing McDolands but show us how.

9. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

hookers are to women as Mcdonald's is to food

10. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

It's so inefficient. If you want to cater to the masses then trying to do it with meat is.. well... like... retarded. Get your facts straight.

11. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

lol good one

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Indeed:

If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap, and easy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. NO1 I Am DARKNESS Registered Senior Member

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm guessing it was the salt. For the french fries.
    Salt and oil.
    I mean, oils, butter, jams, preserves etc.. can be left out and are perfectly healthy in moderation.