What's going on in Egypt?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MacGyver1968, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yeah, after all that in the days of ben ali, about 100-150

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

waow! imagine that!! LOL 1billion person on the streets? or, even 500 million in streets? i bet chine will bomb them all

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

are you kidding me? it's full with women their too

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The Michael Bay Blues

Actually, it sounds more like something that starts with, "A Michael Bay film". Doesn't matter what you call it. Wuthering Heights, maybe?

Blue Harvest?

8. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

p.s.:
    what's happening in egypte, is exactly the same version of tunisia's, exactly the same, the difference is that, in egypte, it's an expension of the tunisian revolution, means, started directly strong, while here needed a month to grow strongly and silently, and removed the presedent in less than a day, it was like that kind of silent tsunamy, you see waves, just, running on the ground, and destroy everything on it's way
    hope soon after egypte other arab countries will also do the same

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Hey Mubarak says he won't run again in September, thus ending his rule by the end of this year. The Egyptian people say they will march on until his ousting, what bothers me here is how insane this man is with power, he just does not get it!

Mubarak: Ok ok, here I will install a new cabinet
    Egytains: NO! we want to you leave now!
    Mubarak: Ok ok I'll leave... next year.
    Egytains: Do you think we are stupid or something?

Aaah no, not nearly in the numbers of Tunisia.

Tunisia and Egypt are different countries with very different cultural norms and needs, sure the reasoning is the same, Autocratic rulers needing to be ousted, but the nature and outcomes of these revolutions will likely be very, very different.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. superstring01 Moderator

Will there be explosions? I'll see it if there are explosions, aliens, giant robots with balls and lasers. There has to be lasers.

~String

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I suddenly had this image of giant robot with a large phallus like lazer sticking out from its crouch, with a set of metallic "balls" hang on it, the robot would be screaming "FREEDOM!" while spraying out laser beams all over egypt... thank you superstring01.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mubarak is finding it hard to let go:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/finally-egyptian-president-decides-to-quit/142136-2.html

13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

"Bitches, leave."
    - Clarence Boddicker

"I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake: now it's time to erase that mistake."
    - Dick Jones

14. superstring01 Moderator

I was thinking more about that stupid Transformers sequel where the one robot had a set of balls. Totally stupid.

~String

15. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/kissing...-act-of-a-drama-that-is-to-be-played-out.html

“This is only the first scene of the first act of a drama that has to be played out.”
    -Henry Kissinger

For a (controversial) man who has been in inner circles and behind the scenes in politics for decades, including a lifetime membership in the semi-mysterious Bilderberg group, and has referred to Obama's presidency as the dawn of a "new world order", what kind of cryptic statement is this?

Is this sudden wave of unrest that is sweeping across the Middle East an anticipated event of some kind that will be taken advantage of by globalists who increasingly and more openly use terms such as "new world order", "global government", "global governance", etc?

Whenever people like Kissinger or Brzezinski refer to "dramas" or "chessboards" it always makes me a little uneasy. Neither of them should ever be trusted.

I hope for the best in Egypt and elsewhere. Not for a stupid fundamentalist religious state, nor for another puppet, or someone who pretends to be a man of his people, while secretly beholden to internationalists and their money interests (Obama).

Is Kissinger as genuinely in the dark as he seems to convey here?

16. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Well the riots were clearly driven by high food prices and unemployment, but thats not to say certain interests wont try to fiddle behind the scenes, and take advantage of an opportunity, to ensure an outcome favorable to them. In evil and SINISTER ways!

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification. I just thought maybe this was a fantasy of yours or something.

But really.. what kind of weirdocity is that? A Transformer with testicles? Can I see some pictures please?

For research purposes, of course...

18. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

How bout the unification of all recently "liberated" Arabic countries in an Arab Economic Union? But with a radical Islamist bent?

High oil prices for sure.

19. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Yes! With an Arabic Currency to rival the dollar!

20. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Well, if it was based on the going price of oil, that would probably be pretty lucrative for somebody.

However, I ask that we get away from these overarching bureaucracies called economic unions for a time.

I would hope, in Egypt, or Tunisia, or any other country, for a moderate nationalist/protectionist government. One that is determined to address the needs and best interests of its own people first. Not necessarily at the expense of other people elsewhere, but one that specifically would not bend over for the next would-be dictator, or faux messiah (like Obama) who has the interests of big business, big banking, globalism (the fake kind) in mind.

I don't know much about all this Muslim Brotherhood talk, but the fact that Sean Hannity was yapping all about it today leaves me wondering. Are people really willing to turn their government over to fundamentalist religious regimes, or have they grown out of that?
    I don't think much of Sean Hannity at all. In fact, he's the most annoying of all the conservative pundits that I'm aware of. I guess I don't know if his fears are real, or if this is just his neocon cocksucking mode being activated.

So how much clout or respect does this so-called Muslim Brotherhood wield, and would anyone take kindly to a theocratic dictatorship?
    I'm not too familiar with what they stand for, but apparently, neither are they?

I would most like to see an at least partially secular government, with honest democratic elections, and checks and balances. No idiotic "Death to Israel" slogans and no bending over for international banking systems.

This may seem like a difficult task.

21. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I for sure don't want any more provocations, whether real or staged, that would lead the USA into another misguided conflict. Which is one reason I would hope against a regime that would pick a fight with Israel (don't they have nuclear weapons?) or something else.

But I don't want any reason for certain nefarious players to capitalize on a theocratic Egyptian government to stage acts of terror in their name. Which is a real possibility.

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Hopefully relations will remain cordial between Israel and Egypt.
    Israel is paranoid enough as it is.

As the Muslim Brotherhood gains in influence,
    I can see border controls with Gaza being relaxed.
    Israel wouldn't like that at all.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

So you don't think it's a good idea then?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I can see your point, and you are probably right.
    It is not reaching audiences which could benefit from it,
    and the reason for that is prejudice.
    But it isn't a good channel because it is a Muslim channel,
    it is a good channel because it is one of the few sources of news available
    which is using old fashioned journalistic integrity.

It is a blessed anachronism.
    I don't particularly want to extend debate with you on a side issue,
    so I leave the last post to you.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011