What's going on in Egypt?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MacGyver1968, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Well I expect the illuminati to take advantage, well after they infiltrate Davos.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I've heard of this Davos summit. That's in the heartland of world banking.

Yes, Illuminati 4.0 is there in some form, I'm sure.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

here's what happened, not illuminati, protestations started in sidi bouzid, because that area are poor, means, the goverment is not fair with the different states, anyway, most the wealth is on the coastal cities, anyway, the people, protetsed and protested, when they asked their freinds in the other tunisian cities if they know what's going on their, they found out that no one knows about what's going on with them and their real situation, so, they started to make the videos and send and spread them around the phones, and on the internet on different sites, effcorse not as the IP or the identity as if they were in tunisia, because if like that the goverment can delet all that, anyway, they hacked somehow and spreaded it, people started to see what's going on their, besides knowing the mafia of ben ali and the no speech freedom and just everything have been blewed up, all people became angry, all people went on protestations, in sidi bouzid, it started as protestations because of unemployements and the bad situations their,

when the people saw them, and saw how the police react, and when they knewt hat they didnt hear about it even on the tunisian media, they even became more angry, and then, boom, spreaded and spreaed intill it reached it's goal, bann ben ali and he's mafia and he's wife, etc... i think it happened so fast, because the goverment didnt even understand what happened, they were buffeled, also the hall world, they never expected that, it was like a booom, and any move they did, they never came to make the situations calm, at the begenning, they thought it's just normal protestations, even after a week, they thought it will pass, but, it didnt, it became stronger and stronger everyday, everyone is reporter, use he's phone, and upload on net.

after the revolution, quicked ben ali and etc... and did a big steps, the other arab people, were watching news about tunisia, all their news was concentrated on tunisia, it was like, a new hope for them, that tells them, no, you can do it, yes we can, it's never too late, fed up and so desepred of the dictatorship that they even thought they will never get out of it, and from that, protestations started to spread in arab countries, in algeria, the protestations were, well, nothing, they were nothing, huh, they went protesting on the food prices! like sugar and bread :/ anyway, there's still time, you can't really predict much about the arab world now, jordan, is starting to boil alot, yeman, too, egypte, is already boiling, and it smless like it wan't stop intill they get what they want, it sounds just like the tunisian protestations started, but alot stronger, all people their are out, women, and men, old men and old women, all all, even police! went protesting with civilians in civilian clothes, their goverment cuted al jazeera from nile sate so no egyptian watch it, because it always show the real news and etc..

but al jazeera resetet it self on nile sat in a short time, so back to work in egypte, facebook and twitter are cencored, and i think google too, and also the cell phones services are cencored or closed or whatever, because he knows what's going on, unlike in tunisia, but also, their protestations their, are far stronger and bigger in the bigenning than the tunisian one in the bigenning.

who started all that? the guy who burned himself, and then, the people who protested their, and the ignorant tunisian media, besides the unemployement in that area and the ignoring to that state by the goverment , and also almost all the non coastal states, the people who spreaded what's going on their on net and facebook, people shared, and shared, people fed up from the dictatorship, well, also no one loves school, so it's a chance to protest and don't go to school, hehehe, i think that that had a part in declaring the protestations, anyway, lawyers and univercity students protested for a cause, but, the goverment, used force on them, that maked them more angry, people dead, maked people more more angry, and also, using milichyas, means, the small mafias of the ben ali, rented rioters, that are cooroporating with the goverment and the police, to riot, and etc... and make violence, so then on the media, they say that the people are who did this, and to make the people affraid from the collapse of tunisian and becoming like iraq after seeing that destruction, and also the some dead people, it's called the shock effect, but it only maked people more angry.

when the goverment ordered the army to shoot on people, before the fall of ben ali, they refused, and started to defend people, well, not by fighting police but by stoping infront of them, because police can't attack the army,
    after ben ali is out, the rented rioters still at work of rioting, also some sneipers, that all belong to the RCD, or payed to them by the RCD to do that, so the people call for ben ali to come back (huh? that's so stupid ), but, what they didnt expect, that the people formed civil groups in each neigborhood, to watch at night and protect the city and help the army.

illuminaty did this ? :/ duuuh

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  8. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

hehe, s.a.m. i didnt know you speak arabic

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

then go to youtube and you'll find many funny videos on ben ali

9. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

HA HA HA!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

:huh:

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Dear shadow1,

FORMATTING!

11. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

what?

12. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Sorry. Your post above was kind of run on. I just glanced at it for the moment, because I happen to be a little busy at the moment.

Formatting. Grammar. Punctuation. All make a post easier to read.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since English is not your native tongue.

But as the owner of Sciforums, if you keep it up, I'll just have pull the plug on the entire board.

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

lol
    lmao

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Omens

This may be the time many of my American neighbors never believed would come.

One way to look at it is to ask if what happened in Iran was an anomaly, or part of a growing trend.

Throughout the War on Terror, the dogs of war have been demanding that Muslims clean up their own houses instead of complaining about the West. Is that actually happening, or are events in Iran, Tunisia, and Egypt significant of nothing?

I am hopeful that what we are seeing is the end of a nearly twenty-year question:

To the careful observer of Muslim countries it is quite evident that a phenomenon hardly visible in the 1960s and the early half of the 70s appears to be gaining momentum and mass approval. A growing consensus among an increasing number of intellectuals as well as the common people suggests that “the time has come to try Islam.”

There also is evidence that an increasing number of national governments feel it necessary to appeal to Islamic principles to maintain legitimacy. They do this either through the adoption of Islamic apologetics to justify their policies or through the implementation of various Islamic laws.

There are numerous examples of such efforts in press reports in the 1970s and 80s. In Pakistan, Zia Ul-Haqq, upon assuming office, aligned himself with the Jamaati Islam and attempted to implement Islamic laws. Other nations, including Turkey, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, Bangladesh, the Sudan and Indonesia, introduced various Islamic laws. Syria found it necessary to explain that Baath ideology is grounded in Islam, while Ja’far al-Numeiry of the Sudan has written a book justifying Islamic government, entitled The Islamic System: Why?

The Islamic revolution in Iran more than any other event in recent history has helped focus Western public opinion, through television and the press, on the troubled conditions prevailing in various Islamic countries. The revolution has generated numerous texts, articles and programs dealing with “Islamic revolutionaries,” the activities of the “militants” and the ascendancy of the “fundamentalists” in various nations. The perspectives of the scholars and newsmen reporting these phenomena have varied. Despite the millions of words describing the ideological developments in the area and the socio-political conditions that inspired them, many readers as well as writers continue to perceive those who seek an Islamic identity, an Islamic state or an Islamic order as the radical backward looking fringe who have rejected the enlightenment of modernization and Westernization. Some view their religion, Islam, as intrinsically evil or, at best obscurantist.

The growing consensus in Islamic countries for the necessity of articulating an Islamic world view—that can define, supervise and govern all aspects of life—is part of the ongoing search for dignity, identity and purpose. It is an attempt to provide authentic answers to basic human questions such as: Who am I? And where am I going? These are questions that have challenged several generations of Muslims throughout this century as their countries have been conquered, divided, parceled out and assigned to various spheres of foreign influence.

(Haddad)

The adaptation of modern tyranny to an Islamic form seems, in hindsight, inevitable. Whether or not that tyranny can hold is a central question in how the world deals with the issue of terrorism dressed in Islamic vestments.

For decades, Muslims have viewed Western liberty and democracy with a wary eye. As Haddad explains, supremacist attitudes did much to ruin our Muslim neighbors' views of Western democracy:

The defeat of 1948 and 1949 was seen to be the consequence of Arab lack of preparation and Israeli acquisition of a fresh arms supply from Czechoslovakia (despite the armistice stipulation against such acquisition by either party). It signaled the end of the democratic experiment in Arab Muslim countries. The parliamentary systems were tested by this war and found inadequate. Imitation of the West had not brought parity with the West.

It had become evident for some time that although the Arab countries had constitutions and elected parliaments, these institutions were not effective. Some Western observers have blamed the failure of the parliamentary systems on the alien nature of consultative democracy to the Arab mind. Clearly their failure was also hastened by the attitude of the colonial rulers towards such institutions. Whenever foreign governments or their representatives disliked what the democratically elected deputies decided, they tried to countermand their wishes by a variety of means such as seeking their dismissal or applying relentless direct pressure, blackmail or bribery. When Arab governments attempted to use European law to assure freedom and the implementation of the will of the people, it was these same colonial rulers who ridiculed them and treated them as upstarts.

Furthermore, the establishment of the State of Israel was proof of the inadequacy of the parliamentary nationalist experiment for those who were pained by the humiliation of defeat. In no time, coup d’etats in various Arab countries, e.g., Egypt, Syria, Iraq, removed the Westernized nationalist elites from office. Power evolved from a new breed of leadership, military officers originally recruited from the middle and lower middle classes. Their military training, it was hoped, would provide new direction to redeem the honor of the nation ....

The world has witnessed decades of struggle in these countries as they worked to recover from colonial depredation. As with so many revolutions, however, the leaders of these struggles failed to fulfill the promises made to the people. The new liberators became the old tyrants, and that's where we've been for a while, now.

And people were happy enough to leave them to it, or even pull the strings a little bit in hope of cheaper petroleum prices, impoverished labor markets, and so on.

Since 9/11, however, much of that history has been thrown out the window as many people demand that Muslims accomplish what no other body social or political has achieved: perfection.

At the very least, we are seeing "average Joe Muslims" rejecting tyranny. This may well be the start of what many people believed impossible: Muslims saying "no" to evil.

The question, as each of these popular movements either succeeds or fails, is what comes next. Some, for instance, believe we're seeing Iran in 1979 all over again, but so far it seems that whole argument is more about defaming the United States. Nonetheless, a repeat of Iran—replacing a thug with a megalomaniac—is something the Egyptian people must guard against.

• • •​

General Notes

Ominous portents hang over Egypt. Not only has the government begun taking down networks—television, internet, messaging, &c.—but there are reports suggesting that Mubarak is starting to lose the police force. MSNBC reported this morning that some police officers, defeated by protesters, have removed their uniforms or insignia and joined the ranks of the people.

If Mubarak loses enough of the police force, it's over.

Various reports suggest the fire department is on fire. The ruling National Democratic Party's administrative center in Cairo has burned.

I also heard he is planning to address the Egyptian people, but the details on that are sketchy. One wonders what he could possibly say. Perhaps he will accede; it could be that he order the army to fully suppress the uprising.

An interesting microdrama to keep an eye on surrounds former IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei, who is viewed by many as an opposition leader and potential president:

Police and protesters clashed across Egypt on Friday, and opposition leader and Nobel Peace laureate Mohamed ElBaradei was doused by a water cannon before escaping the swinging batons of riot police and taking cover in a Cairo mosque ....

.... The chaos was a visceral sign that the government of Mubarak would confront even peaceful marches with tough, rapid force, including firing tear gas and concussion grenades. ElBaradei, who had been trying to lead a demonstration when he was forced inside, called the tactics "barbaric" and condemned the government for using "inhumane weapons."

As he sat shaken and drenched, his eyes stinging from tear gas, Elbaradei, 68, said protesters had called for nonviolent change, "but I think that opportunity is over. It's now the people versus the thugs."

He added it was "time for the international community to express its view on the so-called stability of the Egyptian government. If they don't do that now, they will lose the residue of credibility they have in Egypt and the rest of the Arab world."

(Fleishman and Daragahi)

Notes:

Haddad, Yvonne. "The Islamic Alternative". The Link, v.15, i.4. September-October, 1982. AMEU.org. January 28, 2011. http://www.ameu.org/page.asp?iid=120&aid=163

Fleishman, Jeffrey and Borzou Daragahi. "Egyptian protests intensify; demonstrators battle with police". Los Angeles Times. January 29, 2011. LATimes.com. January 28, 2011. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-0129-egypt-protests-20110129,0,7791833.story

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Wait a minute Tunisia is going to become a theocratic regime like Iran?

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, it will be very similar to Iran, but there will be lapdancing.

18. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

@Tiassa: what you're saying, means, = you have completely no idea about tunisia or the tunisian people, or even many arab countries people :/

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

@ElectricFetus:
    no way! we are muslims, and we love islam, and as all arabs, we never want our countries to become islamists, well, not saying to pick the good points that iran did, anyway, in tunisia, there will be no more presedents, it will be like u.k. goverment style, and all people participate, and what we all want, a democratic country, that respect islam, and reconize islam. point, that's it, not like the previous one, trying so hard to even delet islam, also as in many muslim countries, also funded by western goverment,s to continue doing that, not also that, but also to creat terrorism, caleld "islam" to make islam look bad and etc... and pay them , yes, it DO

20. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

@Captain Kremmen:

lmao!

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You know what would be awesome, Electronic Direct Democracy just saying. What ever you believe religiously I don't care just as long as you keep your government fair, open, has freedom of speech and association, and has a multi-party democracy. Iran's government is not such, it still has a leader for life, who chooses who they can vote for and has final authority on all subjects, a government that viciously oppresses all citizens that question them.

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Lets see if I can sharpen your sword . I let them know Pharaoh lives. The battle cry is working it self out. Now her is your battle cry if you want to get in the game . " Wood for Haiti" go sing it scream it and tell all your wolf friends to do the same

23. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Captain I think you better go get a lap dance so you can talk better about lap dancing . You are very intelligent and a lap dance might be what the Dr. ordered. All lap dances are scary to people that don't lap dance