What to do against bullies.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Treval, Aug 29, 2006.

1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You don't have any experience, so shut up.

I have experience with bullies. Everyone, bullies included, are in a pyramid. Each of us has a boss, or someone we take orders from. Each of us is dependent on somenoe else. If you are bullied by someone at work, you take it over their head, and you handle it in a way which they cannot retaliate.

If you are being bullied at school, and you are in college, you have plenty of legal tools, you also have plenty of social tools. Every bully is vulnerable, every bully has friends, family, a job, professors or someone that is in a position to bully them, and bullies arent liked. Sometimes simply telling a powerful anti-bully person that someone is a bully is enough to take the bully out.

Bullies are usually highly disliked, simply find powerful, influential, politically oriented people who clearly outrank the bully, and do favors for the benevolent powers. In return they will do a favor for you, and your problem will be solved.

If a bully takes the fight into the physical dimension, it's assault. If the bully takes the fight into the political dimension, they will lose because the political dimension is about favors not bullying. If the take the fight into the legal dimension, and you have more money, you'll win. Bullies are easy to fight as long as you develop the intellectual tools to do so, laws, politics, blackmail, social engineering, whatever it takes, but use your mind to beat a bully, not your body.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

That's passive. I would never tell her to change, I would attack the bully. No one likes a bully. Do your research, learn everything you can.

http://www.bullyonline.org/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopath

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I'm just pointing out that it would probably be quite reasonable to bully her because she sounds like a bit of a suck-up.

Maybe your advice was better.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I found the acting like a 'psychopath' a good and effective bully deterrant, also seemed to come naturally

9. John99 Banned Banned

There is really not much she can do because she doesnnt have the problem, they do.

Tell her to participate as much as everyone else and not overdo it because she's making the other one's look bad (in a way) and it really isnt accomplishing much. Grade's are based mostly on actual work you do anyway.

The best thing is to try and fit in while being true to yourself and in a short time none of this will matter anyway. Bullying is mostly a reflection of the bullies insecurity and often their just jealous.

Believe me this does not go past HS and many bullies end up not amounting to much.

, in many cases anyway.

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

crap advice, this situation will arise again at work so 'fitting in' and 'complying' is handing yourself to the bully on a plate. Fuck them and be your own persona, they don't like it, tough shit, it makes them look bad well they need to get their lazy asses up and do some work so they also look good. Be their reason to improve, don't let them be your reason to deteriorate.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I totally recommend this- definitely works (for girls too, I mean).

12. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

....and you have proven time and time again, in the relatively short amount of time that you have been posting here that you never have the slightest fucking clue what you're talking about. So far you have claimed that both Arabs and Egyptians are negroids and multitude of other stupid crap.

No one is forcing the original poster to take my advice. If you don't like my advice, why don't you go cry about it in a corner faggot? Or do I have to bully you into shutting up? I would put a winking face here but I don't like you enough.

13. sderenzi Banned Banned

I was bullied almost every single day throughout Junior High & High School. The sad fact is that once they stopped I was more alone then when it had started. If you let people bully you it's actually just ignoring that they're causing you pain, that kind of response won't get you anywhere. I wonder often if I'd begun crying or showing they hurt me just whether or not they'd stop.

Take this fellow Dan Karzina (may be wrong spelling). He an I use to be arch enemies, he even got others to follow his lead.

Once I was choked outside the gym locker by some guy named Shawn, can't recall his last name.

So in all honesty what we have here is simple, if I stood up to them or told them to stop hurting me because I'm trying to be nice an just make friends, well.. I suspect they'd have. By not arguing or confronting them personally things become impersonal.

If you make it personal so will they, an then they'll begin listening.

14. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Everyone is capable of acting like a psychopath when in danger, or when under enough stress.

The difference is psychopaths are like that all the time, to everyone.

15. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You are providing the audience with a classic example of bullying. You even called me a faggot, as if I'm supposed to be homophobic.

As the audience see's, a bully will always attempt to label you. By calling you a faggot, a cracker, a nigger, or whatever label, it's simply the bully labeling mechanism to allow them to win a debate through name calling.

Who harms you more, the bully, or the faggot?

As far as all the other stuff, thats from a completely seperate debate in a seperate thread. You can keep your opinions Mr. Bully, they are yours, and if you want the world to agree with your opinions that Arabs arent black you'll have to prove it through a genetic test, because they have dark skin and African features more than they have and caucasian features.

Bullying tactics such as name calling, do not change public opinion in your favor, it actually turns people against whatever you are saying. It lowers the debate to the level of Jerry Springer, or pro wrestling.

16. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

If you cry, the bully will label you a "bitch", or a "faggot". If you are bullied, yes you can make friends with some of them, that acutally does work, as not all bullies are psychopaths, and some bullies do have compassion and might even defend you. Finally, you could just buy defense, by doing favors, or by treating the bully in a respectful way, but this only works with certain kinds of bullies, and usually the type of bullies that arent really sadists and are just big and immature. A sadist actually likes to see you in pain and will only beat on you harder, so your option for some bullies is to simply fight back, for some bullies a good offense is your defense.

17. John99 Banned Banned

Think about it, this kid is being a brown noser. I cant see it making much of a difference how many times she got up in class, if you know the answers you know them. Doesn't seem likely she is going to win by being assertive...unless she's really looking to get punched in the nose.

18. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Do you realize you are calling this person a "brown noser". Do you notice that through your words you are suggesting she should be punched in the nose?

What would you suggest she do? Bow to the might of the bully?

19. John99 Banned Banned

Brown noser=teachers pet...SEE

Everyone knows in HS you have to fit in somehow or get abused and live with it.

20. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

LOL. Obviously that one went way over your head.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

That is not true at all. In my experience, there were two types of bullies, the big kid who wasnt so smart, who would physically beat you up, and the kid who has the rich powerful father who bends the teachers to his will and pays people to beat you up or give you a bad grade. Usually, the person, the political bully, who has a lot of friends, and a lot of influence, are the most difficult bully type to deal with because they have entire gangs behind them.

Either way, I don't think fitting in really works all the time. This is saying "well, if you can't beat them, join them."

22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

1. shes 18, why is she still at school? did she get held back a few years?
    2. if she wants to stop it, then she can either learn to fight, or simply place assault charges.

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

look at the weak making an 'attack' as he realises that TT is more intelligent than he............I can hear the tears rolling down schleebens chubby cheeks.