What to do against bullies.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Treval, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Treval Banned Banned

Hello.

My girlfriend (18) is being bullied, snapped at at school by this girl in her class, for being too enthousiastic in class (answering everything etc.). It's a shame since I was happy to see her so enthousiastic this new schoolyear and happy with her school and all and now because of one bitch she's all depressed wishing school was over as fast as possible. Moreover, my girlfriend is an easy target as she's incredibly insecure and very sensible to bullying...

I wish I could talk some motivation into her (I can), but what does one do against this bullying? =(

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. =)
    Treval

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Sounds like your gf is getting a dose of the real world, this type of thing happens in the work situation just the same. There are lazy people who think you make them look bad by doing a good job. I had this type of 'critisism' many times, I just laughed and pissed all over them till I was their boss then I pissed on them some more. Tell your gf to grow some balls.

Unless the bullying (though I wouldn't call one bitchy comment that) is physical then she needs to learn how to deal with it. How to respond, how to shut them up.

She can retaliate by saying politely 'green does not suit you' and smile and carry on as normal.

Alternatively your gf may be dominating the lesson and others do not get a chance to contribute in which case she needs to identify if she is doing this and reduce it slightly to allow others a chance.

ORRRRRRRR

'Sensitive' people rarely reply enthusiastically in class, maybe something else is bothering her.

Is she pregnant?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Sticks and stones....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vega Banned Banned

Bullies only attack you if you seem socially weak and vunerable. I think your gf should get her self steem fired up and hit back using psychological warfare.
    hey thats what i used to do when i got beat up in school, I fought back, well for girls i guess it might work too!

8. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

as an ex-bully myself (and i am very ashamed of it) i can only say that there is not much she can do, the old myth of standing up to a bully because they are cowards is false. there was nothing more than and my friends liked more than beating down some one who tried to stand up for themselves by attempting to stand up for themselves. if you know that there parents are decent people maybe it would be an idea talking to them. thats what ended up happening to me, they grounded me and took away all of my prized possesions untill i stopped

9. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

not my experience of bullies, they all ran when confronted, only the weak attack weaker, thats a fact. Unless you bullied people bigger and stronger than you? Nah didn't think so. You also mention, you and your friends, safety in numbers eh? 5 against 1, good odds. Till you're on your own and they are with their mates then the odds kind of change.

Never give into a bully.

BUT as I said, one bitchy comment does not a bully make.

10. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

some were bigger but they didnt have the self-confidence to do anything

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you are only 16, so there is a lot of time for the following to occurr

one day one of those guys will be with his mates, he'll have taken up a martial art and worked out and he's gonna kick your ass, u know that don't you? The bullied NEVER forget and thrive on the dream of an eventual pay back...no matter how much time passes. One day............

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

When I went to school and boys tried to bully me, I beat up the bastards! That stopped them.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

kill 'em all

14. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

The "hit them back" theory doesn't rely on the bully running away (the theory that every bully is a coward deep down is moronic), but works on the principle that if they have to worry about you retaliating every time they try to mess with you it's simply not worth their trouble....so even if you get your ass kicked, if you just hit them back once, chances are they'll stop. If they try it again, hit them back, and even if you get your ass kicked again, they'll probably consider it not worth the effort since you're no longer an easy target.

I don't have any experience with bullies though.....

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

so your anti theory is worth shit then

16. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Which is still far more than your "all bullies are cowards" theory is worth.

17. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I speak from experience you speak from.............what exactly?

18. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Not being pathetic enough to get bullied in the first place perhaps?

19. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You do some research on the bully, you scan the entity for weaknesses, and then you attack it in such a way that it cannot attack back or even know you attacked it.

Find out where the bully works and send an embarrassnig letter. Organize a group or network of people to fight the bully in such a way that the bully has no defense. Use your superior mind. Whatever you do, don't fight by it's rules, fight by your rules.

Buy the art of war by sun tzu, and make your girlfriend read it.

20. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Oh please, be realistic. There is not a person alive who has never been bullied. You have a boss too.

Your comment is not helpful. I'm guessing you are going to take the side of bullies on this arguement and I'm not surprised since when we look at all your previous posts thats clearly the side you like to take in every debate.

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

They didn't attempt to bully me more than once though.

Like I said, cowardly wimps, they mistook my size for evidence of 'pathetic'. Their mistake.

22. She either stands her ground or she doesn't. She either allows herself to feel intimidated or puts a stop to it herself.

There's nothing y'can do. It's not your fight. Sweet though it may be to give a monkey's, this sort of thing is simply something the individual has to sort out themselves. She will.

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Is your girlfriend's school aware that she's being bullied?
    If not, why not?
    If yes, what are they doing about it?

Maybe you should tell your girlfriend not to be such a know-it-all. No-one likes a know-it-all. If I was in her class I'd tell her not to be such a suck-up and put itching powder down her top.