what to do about isis..

Discussion in 'World Events' started by OptimusRoo, Jul 18, 2015.

1. OptimusRoo Registered Member

I watched a documentary about isis and the horrors they are committing, especially upon women and children.
    I don't understand how humanity is like this?! We are meant to be a developed race! These people are disgusting.
    They are growing in number and size, how come nothing is being done?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nothing?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Well, mostly hand-wringing and political posturing, not to mention cash-gathering and "increased security protocols".

What more could you ask for?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mathman Valued Senior Member

U.S. is bombing ISIS using drones. The ground war in IRAQ is IRAQ's problem. The problem in Syria is much more complicated - Kurds, "good" rebels, Al-Qaida, ISIS, and the Syria government.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Would ISIL exist if we had not been there?

Dr_Toad likes this.
  9. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Y'all should start reading the history of the middle east beginning (at the very least) with the Ottoman Empire. Then try to assign fault.

Once you can get behind the fact that all religions are the manifestation of the darkest insanity we have, evil that no other beast on our planet is subject to or capable of, then we can try to speak rationally.

Fuck Mohammed, and come get me if you dare. I've got a damned good supply of deterrents, you murdering cowards.

Fuck Saul of Tarsus. You know, the dude that invented Jesus in an epileptic seizure? Maybe we should worship Moron I, invented by Joseph Smith. Or the monster Jim Jones, who brought us Koolaid with Salvation added.

Fuck this meaningless back-and-forth bullshit.

And fucking ban me if I pissed off some little priss.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Yes because they, the arms dealers, are always trying to incite more mayhem so they can sell more weapons. No matter if ISIS is broken up there's always the other terrorists groups still fighting and new ones will spring up when one of them is quelled. There's really no end in sight unless a very strong leader who can gather all the groups there to work together in overcoming their problems. But a strong leader isn't there and without him there's only going to be more and more infighting and political infighting,

Send in more allies won't fix the problem but only lead to more allies being killed to fight a war they should never have been in to start with. Helping with airstrikes and having spotters there is about the best thing that the allies can do.

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

allies:
    We and our "allies" fomented rebellion which destroyed the ability of local governments to control their countries. so we have Libyan pirates, isil, etc...
    One wonders if our leaders are idiots, insane, or just taking orders from someone who is.

Please name something good that has come from our military adventurism.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The arms dealers have made trillions from the problems that other nations have going on within them. Those dealers manufacture the weapons they sell here in the USA so millions of people have jobs either directly or indirectly involved with the terrorism/wars that have ever happened. This was what President Eisenhower warned everyone when he left office and what he predicted has come to fruition. The more the arms dealers can pay off terrorists to get them to stir the pot and create a wave of fear the more money they make.

People have little to do over in the Arabian sphere of influence so becoming a part of anything that pays them something is better than sitting around playing with yourself. As more poor people are born into this kind of world, one without much hope, they will always gravitate to anything that gives them something to feel they are doing something for their way of life no matter who they kill.

Religions play a major part of the turmoil as well and what religions want is to become the one in charge of everything and everyone. Arms dealers give them the weapons to do so and the times never change as the wars keep going on forever. You can't help one side and say that you are trying to stop the wars because then you are siding with one religion or another which will always put you in a bad situation which your never going to be right with either side.

So now you understand where the "good" has come , money flowing into the arms dealers, and they will always never care about where the weapons they sell end up and who they kill. Just as in Russia today if we look at where they went wrong during the USSR days you'll see the exact same problem they had with their military trying to keep spreading fear that someone is after them and that they need more money to build weapons to "protect" themselves from the evil USA. Now the same people that were doing that to Russia are doing it here in America.

There's no way out for the media works well with the military spreading as much fear as they can into people as to get them to want more weapons to secure the people here that they are being as helpful as they can by making the military better. It doesn't stop the problem over there. It just creates more. America is bankrupt and its military, albeit the finest in the world, can't stop what religions and terrorists are doing that enslave people to do their bidding against whoever they fear the most.

Dr_Toad likes this.
  13. OptimusRoo Registered Member

Calm down lol. I do agree that religion is the root of most evil. It brainwashed half the human population and they use this fictional book as law to create what ever laws they want.

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

I think if we would stop pushing democracy into the Arab world we would do a great service for humanity, There are society that need dictatorship some need monarque and so on. Saddam Hussein was great for Iraq, Gaddafi was great for Libya, the present system in China is great for the Chinese . So lets keep our democracy in our arsh and let the world alone . then we will have peace in this world .