what the fuck is wrong with young men?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by visceral_instinct, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A note on enabling behavior and mutual degradation

Keep pushing the issue, continue to be social, and stand against the hatred.

Any fight for justice is going to suffer casualties.

In the meantime, we think poorly of "enabling". You don't give a recovering alcoholic a drink; you don't give a recovering junkie a shot. This is no different; accommodating the problem only perpetuates it and increases the harm.

You remember the old discussion, don't you? Are you a machine? Are you without will? I would not presume so. But others would: You're a man, nothing more than a hand grenade, and tight jeans on a woman pull the pin. After that, you shouldn't be held responsible for exploding. It's not the grenade's fault if someone pulls the pin.

Or so goes the argument. And that's the sort of thing that denigrates men in seeking to justify bad behavior.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

To dance.

To show off my clothes and my hairstyle.

To possibly meet a man in a normal, civilized manner. Like dance together and get talking. Do you seriously think a woman is going to want to go out with someone because he came out of nowhere and grabbed her ass?

I lost count of the number of men who felt they had the right to stroke my hair or neck, get so close in my face I could count their nose hairs, randomly try and hug me, or worse. I couldn't have remembered them all.

And I'd love to see the police take me seriously because someone came up and touched me invasively. Almsot all of them do it to women, it's not seen as a serious problem.

I definitely wasn't nervous. I think it was because I was dressed very differently. Most girls had short dresses and high heels. I was wearing black PVC, Matrix style boots, wet gel in my hair, and I had lightning flashes drawn across my face in eyeliner pencil.

I did eventually seem to establish that I didn't like being touched. One guy grabbed a chair and pretended to fend me off when I walked past...It drives me insane though.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

and my dad beat me as a child, so do I have to built up rage towards men too? :bugeye: And yes I am not just making it up, he beat me up...he made me jog and if I slowed down he started kicking me very hard.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I just want you HARPO to know that we both did not deserve it, but neither do other people around us deserve to feel our pain. So let us give the love in us and keep the hate away.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Nope, Southern Ireland.

Trust me, I used my bitching ability.

I told one guy to fuck off about 6 times. He still followed me around the dance floor.

Someone else stuck out his tongue and made an obvious sexual gesture. I told him to fuck off, and gave him a really nice contemptuous sneer like he was nothing but dung. He still followed me around making sexual gestures.

Excellent quote, I'm keeping that written down.

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Swift knee to the nuts.
    How many more times?

9. draqon Banned Banned

for doing what? knee to nuts for taking a chair? :bugeye: think about what you just suggested more...you are going to possible inflict an irreversible damage to a male who has not done to her anything to deserve something like this.

I understand kicking him in a leg...yes that is impulsive, but still acceptable.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No, for the original attitude.

More?
    Pfft I've thought about it many times as I've seen what some idiots consider to be "acceptable" behaviour toward women.

Correctly done the damage isn't irreversible - but it would serve as a reminder.

11. draqon Banned Banned

so if your attitude towards a particular woman was not liked by her you accept your nuts to be kicked? Count me out.

Well if you have noticed...perhaps...VI is not the most calmest person on planet Earth...so if anyone is qualified to correctly non-damagingly kick a guy in nuts, it ain't her.

He needs a reminder? kick him in a foot or pinch him, that is enough. Or slap him. Nuts are holy, keep away from them.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

If my particular attitude is to start pawing a stranger, merely because she happens to be female then yes, I deserve a kick in the nuts.

Incorrect: she has the training to do so very effectively.

If the guy considers his nuts to be holy then he should also maybe consider not touching unless specifically invited.
    It's that simple.

13. draqon Banned Banned

well I do. as for the guy he needs to be more intelligent, to hang out in a place where VI hangs out.

14. draqon Banned Banned

well by attitude I was saying as gests, or face movements, or talking...not contact with the body of the female in any way or form.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Did it work? Was it worth it? Was "he" worth the effort?

Are you going to go through it all again, VI? (Your answer to that is going to show a lot about you, so think about it carefully.)

Baron Max

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So you didn't read the OP?

17. draqon Banned Banned

Here is the big question to the OP and I know she cant read my replies. When she says "raped" does she mean the entering of a male genital inside a woman and her body being sexually harassed? Or is it yet again one of her extreme views of men as pigs?

The feminists would say "He raped me. With his words"

is rape anywhere applicable here? Not if a man hasnt touched her body. So if she means sexually body harassed of hers as a rape, than yes that is wrong and they should be jailed. But if she means raped as in inflicted emotional damage to her fragile innocent mind

lol...it aint rape than.

18. ogdred Registered Senior Member

Obviously the men that visceral instinct is referring to are in the wrong here. I doubt that many people (aside from the men themselves) would rebut that relentless and unwanted physical advances are inappropriate.

At the same time, if you touch a hot stove and get burned would you repeat the action? Probably not. If visceral instinct does not enjoy molestation, then I'd say that she is acting rather illogically by returning to the club.

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So you missed the "all but" part?

Extreme views?
    Draq you've already stated you've never been in a nightclub, so you have no idea how some guys behave.

20. draqon Banned Banned

well she does seem to enjoy it.

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Again, as Tiassa said, you are falling into the attitude that if a woman does not want to be sexually harassed, she shouldn't participate in society.

The answer is to stand up to that behaviour and show that it is not okay. The answer is not to be withdrawn, stay out of the way, capitulate.

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So she should curtail her social activities because a bunch of dickheads are acting out of order?
    Nice solution.

If you don't like it don't go out...

23. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You show more of your stupidity with every post.