what the fuck is wrong with young men?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by visceral_instinct, Apr 27, 2009.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

It hardly deserves death, but they should be chained up and be touched in inapproriate places by people they find repulsive. Kids learn well when they are put in someone elses shoes. Maybe these jerks will too.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

While they may learn something, I don't think that 2 wrongs makes a right. They could be given mandatory classes of ethics or something to that effect; imagination is quite a powerful tool.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't know. The about a month ago a kid I look after likes to kick others who don't do what she tells them to do. So she kicked another girl who kicked her back. Of course they both got in trouble, but she hasn't kicked any one since then. It's all fun and games until someone does it to you, then it's not so much fun any more. I think "walking a mile in someone else's shoes" has merit as a saying and can teach you to be more empathetic towards others.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

EXACTLY!
    Sometimes all it takes is a tactful call-out/check or to fight back to get a person to cease and desist.

8. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

What does completely capable of controlling themselves mean?

Tell a dog to sit stay and if he is well trained he will do it. If the dog is really well trained you can even put a dog biscuit in front of him and he will still sit stay. If I got the dog drunk and tried that my guess is that even the well trained dogs would not sit stay but would eat the biscuit.

Humans are overrated. We are much closer to being dogs than we would like to admit. We are stupider, more selfish and more creatures of unconscious training and instincts than we would like to admit.

"They do it because they want to" is only half of the story. Most guys don't grope women even when drunk but that is because their is something different in their programming than in the third of guys who will grope the women if they are drunk.

All the straight guys are drawn to the attractive women but only some manage to keep their hands off. Maybe they should be punished promptly for misbehaving and rewarded for behaving. But who is the trainer for grown human dogs?

I am sorry about all the bad behaving guys. In general women behave better than men do and it is not fair to women that men get away with behaving badly but that is the way things are. What do you suggest should be done about it?

Also it is not fair that women have to be physically weaker than the men are and therefore more vulnerable.

Women want stuff too but it is not "feminine" for women to be selfish. Sometimes I think that women having to repress their selfishness to be feminine causes a lot of problems and confusion.

The behavior of excessively selfish men is inexcusable and maybe should be eradicated from the culture and the gene pool, but once the excessively selfish guy reach maturity it will be very difficult to retrain them.

Not sure exactly which sort of situation you are thinking of.

When Nixon hired guys to go to Presidential candidate Muskie's rally and shout out mean things about Muskie's wife Muskie started crying. Just a few tears. But in 1972 America was not ready for a president who's instinct was to cry when his wife was insulted. When men react on their instincts in an "unmanly" way they too get called emotionally weak.

It's 2009 and most men and many women in the USA still mistake aggressiveness for leadership. But when Hillary Clinton or Suzie Orman act authoritative and self assured many men and women have a bad reaction to them because they are not stereotypically feminine enough. The very same sort of authoritativeness and self assurance gets a man praised for being strong and gets him higher pay.

We like our men to be bold and decisive. A man who reaches out in the business world and just takes what he wants is to be admired but if he acts that way towards women in a nightclub he is a creep.

When men go to far in reacting on their instincts they often wind up in jail. They did not want to go to jail. They just failed to control themselves. In the USA we have more than a million men who failed to control themselves locked away in prison. Women have done a much better job of controlling themselves so there are much fewer of them in jail.

What is wrong with the picture is our culture and instincts. Maybe part of the stimulus money should go to an add campaign to try to help men learn what their parents should have taught them.

Look at the way men treat women in the movies. MTV and all it's sex object women "dancers" did not help. When was a kid every John Wayne movie seemed to have a scene where he calmed down the leading lady by slapping her. I can't go anywhere in public without billboards trying to use my attraction to women to sell me something and the same thing happens with TV and the internet.

You say man can behave themselves and they are not dominated by their instincts. The advertisers say your wrong and that men are such unconscious impulsive feeble minded creatures that all they have to do is place a photo of an attractive woman next to a photo of their product and men will like mindless sheep go out and buy the product.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:

I know some women that could kick your ass; pretty ones too.

Not met many women, have we?

Have you been taking ass-kissing classes from Oli? You seem to be piling it on rather thick.
    Both sexes have their share of jackasses.
    VI, one thing I just now thought of, have you tried to go to any of the more upscale clubs in the area? And what kinds of clubs have you gone too (ie. music type)?
    Another thing I just thought about, sometimes the clubs themselves will scheme. "Ladies night" being the biggest one. They offer the ladies half off or no cover charge. That persuades more ladies to come and if more ladies come, more guys* will and buy the women drinks.

While men can behave themselves etc., sexy photos in commercials, etc. DO work. They've been doing it for years and if it didn't work, don't you think they would try something else? Same reason that reality shows are still on the air, because enough people watch them.

*unfortunately the club wants to bring in guys like you mention, as they are the stupid ones that will spend money to get both themselves hammered and on the drinks they buy for the women that would probably otherwise not give them the time of day.

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

if you think you can oblige an already drunk person (particularly a crowd of them at 2am who have probably spent the past 5 days extolling the glories of getting tanked up with loose sex to boot) to consider these points, it might be more fruitful to reconsider one's own responsibility to one's own personal safety

12. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

being drunk doesn't change who you are...it reveals it

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

both have contingent issues of obligation. Some succeed and some don't. For instance you only got assaulted by a handful of the patrons. That must mean the others managed to keep a lid on things, yes?

Anyway, a person in either state isn't in such a good position to re-establish their obligations .... so that tends to indicate what one can expect from entering into environments where its the norm (for instance, how would you feel about entering to a place full of people undergoing sensory overload attacks, even if they had really good music)

14. copernicus66 Banned Banned

Men get away with behaving badly, whereas women do not? Wow, if anything, women get with more shit than men.

15. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

there was a chick at kickboxing who was very pretty and feminine, she was a pretty good boxer. also at a kickboxing tournament there was a hot chick who beat the living shit out of her opponent.

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

They get away with way more shit. Look at car insurance rates for piss sakes. I don't think these companies have ever seen a woman putting on makeup or yak yak yakkety yak yak yak on the cell phone paying no attention to her peripheral or even 12 o clock.
    Safer drivers my ASS.

anyway
    /rant

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

"Numbers don't lie". Stop complaining I probably pay butt loads more than you do on car insurance despite my sex. And my driving record is perfect, not a blemish.

18. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Sorry but I had to reply to this line......
    I think that's a very noble thing to say, but I'm 100% certain you are bluffing.

19. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I think I get your point, but are you comparing men to dogs and women to biscuits aka "treats"? This is exactly what is wrong with our society.

Men are seen as uncontrollable animals who should be praised only when "good" behavior occurs to them and women are pretty much temptations that shouldn't complain for looking so tasty and not bitch when they get eaten.

I agree that of course not all men are "gropers" just like not all women are innocent of the same behavior.

The problem is why does anyone feel that touching others inappropriately, especially when not invited to do so, is okay?

Plenty of men complain that women are bitches and snobs and cock-teasing sluts who tempt men and then don't put out or bitch when groped, but the truth is most women are so used to this behavior that the only defense they have is an emotional wall. Women are bitches because they think every guy is a suspected "groper" in a certain atmosphere like a club.

Women go into clubs and bars with their guards up, while men seem to go in with them down. I would say many men of the "groper" status (not ALL men) feel it is more appropriate to behave in such a way when drunk in a club then say on the street. Why? Because their behavior is excused because of alcohol and hormones.

I don't think anything can be done about it on a greater scale. It's more how one chooses to behave on a personal level. Gropers will always be around.

I agree with this statement. Do you know how much it sucks being five feet tall and wanting to smack the crap out of some groper who just grabbed a handful of your ass, but you can't because he's 6 foot 4 and weighs twice as much as you? Sheesh, talk about vulnerability.

Women are forced to always fear men and situations like this because it could always lead to something far more dangerous.

Many women choose to act more like men in order to distance themselves from that feeling of vulnerability, but in truth, society does not accept women who act like "men".

Sadly, men are victims of social stereotypes just as much as women are and I think that is what creates problems and people of the "groper" status.

20. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There is a way to build your own Tazer, however I think it would get confiscated pretty quickly. I can't of course give the instructions here on how to do it though. The super secret socalist police force would be down on me like a ton of bricks.

21. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

How does that mindset fare for you ladies when trying to find a good man?

That takes us right back to either:
    -address the issue of guys acting like that in the bar scene
    -don't to bar scenes if you don't want to get groped

One of these will bring anyone down into convulsing seizures:
    http://www.safetygearhq.com/stunmaster.htm

Unless you're Billy Bob Badass, I am not.

22. I Push Wood Dreadlocked Skateboard Fanatic Registered Senior Member

Alcohol, desperation, or just straight cheek...

I genuinely apologise VI, I'm a young male, and even I get disgusted by most of the beings that share the label with me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Aerika Registered Senior Member

To be perfectly candid there are many examples of men crossing the same line outside of a bar. It's inexcusable behavior regardless if it's at a bar, at church, at the beach, or on a date.