What one food best meets human's nutritional needs?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by clusteringflux, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

When our son was born, my wife's milk did not come in when it should have and we simply had to feed to poor little fellow something so we used a milk - based baby formula. He immediately got cramps and diarrhea. We switched him to a soy based formula and he straightened right out and started growing like a weed.

He now has no trouble with dairy at all, though he has gotten a lot bigger (he is 19 yo and in university) and really prefers steak and the occasional LaBatts Blue.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I don't think a single food can meet our nutritional needs, we're supposed to eat a balanced and varied diet to cover all our needs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Is that what happened to you, I was always wondering.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no, I don't think so. I just read an entire thread that said you aren't supposed to eat meat.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

antiflag actually breast milk would come close to providing everything. The only issue i could see would be volume and possibly some differences in need as a infant compared to an adult but if you want to pick one single food would come closest to being able to be consumed long term and alone then it would HAVE to be breast milk

9. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yuck!!! Let me die in piece.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, peace or pieces (you a donor?) LOL

Ever read The Grapes of Wrath?

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

My question to folks that make this statement is : "If so, then why do we possess canine teeth?" Mebbe evolution got it wrong? :shrug:

12. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Actually, I've tried it (as an adult).

What sticks out in my memory is that is was very sweet. How much the taste relies on the diet and biology of donor (which was my wife) is unknown. My guess is that most breast milk is rather sweet, however I lack the motive and authorization required to conduct a broader study . =)

More on topic, if you were to try and survive on just breast milk, the source would have to have very good nutrition.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

sources

I doubt 1 women could provide enough milk for an adult

However that wasnt the inital question, it was 1 food to survive on long term, well breast milk is currently (maybe in the future we will create the slop out of the matrix) the ONLY food which has a hope in hell of providing everything that you need to survive long term

14. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I'm surprised we didn't see a mention of the QI fact that if you eat nothing but rabbit you die.

Although technically that same theory can be applied to any food - it's just quicker with rabbits.

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Oh god dude, seriously, don't get James started. We'll end up having to close this thread and sweep it under the carpet too.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you want to die REALLY quick eat nothing but polar bear liver

vitiman A toxicity

actually i herd of a guy who got scurvy in the UK, when they investigated his house it was full of nothing but porrage, EVERYWHERE, in every cupboard .

17. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Interesting, what's the exact composition of breast milk?

And oh darn it, I need my nutrients;
    "Sorry to bother you Miss Fox, but were you aware of the nutritional value your breasts contain? I'm going to have to request you let me suck on them.... I know, I know, the thought is just as disgusting to me as it is to you but it's a sacrifice that must be made......"

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you ask so i deliver

19. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Is that quicker than Atropa Belladonna? Although the Atropa option is far more moral of course.

We get a lot of those tv programs here about people who only eat one food type. The cheese one was weird.

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Only the information? Not Miss Fox as well? Ok, I suppose you can have her, I need more milk than she can provide anyway....

It seems reasonable, and obviously adequate for a short time - but lacking in zinc, omega acids, vitamins and such. It's mostly fat for quick weight gain (obviously).
    Maybe I should set up a scientific experiment to see how long I can last on it....
    Any volunteers?

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

from how i read this he started eatting his dogs liver on dec 14th and died on the 8th of Jan

Deadly nightshade would kill much faster (it was used as a poision on arrows and they would want death quickly)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atropa_belladonna

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

make it into a banana smoothy

(after bananas were mentioned in the operning post)

23. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Is that what they're calling it these days? Oh I see what you mean....