What not to pack your suitcase with.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Stryder, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

At least the topic of this threads is something I don't want to start when I get back from my little trip. A couple of hours ago I get sprung on me that I should book a flight to Atlanta early next week.

Well I haven't travelled anywhere in years, not since I was a Kid and on a French Exchange.

[Sidetrack:
    I never did like Camembert. The French family that housed me was pretty good with my estranged ways (being a Vegetarian) and I found that they packed sandwiches with Camembert in. I didn't have the heart to tell the mother of the family that her sandwich making was in vane, so I kept binning them. The number of sandwiches then just kept increasing with the lack of complaint.]

None the less the point of this thread is a quick question to all of you what you perhaps think I should forget to pack? and of course what should be said to the wonderful Customs and Immigration staff at Atlanta Airport.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

don't take a dildo w/you or any sexual objects

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Take some lubricant. The rubber glove treatment can get dicy.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't take a suitcase that locks with other than a zipper. The fine ladies and gentlemen in security tend to snap locks they cannot figure out (even if the suitcase is unlocked) and then tape the suitcases close.

8. draqon Banned Banned

oh I almost forgot, don't take a bunny with you. I once took a bunny with me and put it accidentally in an x-ray machine, the woman who saw the bunny x-ray screamed in horror and puked and also than I realized that my bunny was inside the x-ray machine. ...the image looked all bloody vessels were showing and a skeleton as well...(I saw it with a corner of an eye)

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

She puked?
    I find that hard to believe.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Don't take any bottled drinks in your hand luggage, they'll get confiscated. Don't try to get through customs with a severed head in a box, even if there's a pretty bow and ribbon on it.

11. draqon Banned Banned

well she acted like she was disgusted and like she was puking...women do that.

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I think you can check severed heads now, just not carry them on.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Narrator: Was it ticking?
    Airport Security Officer: Actually throwers don't worry about ticking 'cause modern bombs don't tick.
    Narrator: Sorry, throwers?
    Airport Security Officer: Baggage handlers. But, when a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police.
    Narrator: My suitcase was vibrating?
    Airport Security Officer: Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...
    [whispering]
    Airport Security Officer: it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.
    Narrator: I don't own...

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

One of the funniest scenes in the film!

15. Roman Banned Banned

Liquids. No liquids in your carry-on. Wear shoes that don't require tying and are easy to take on and off. No metal belt buckles. Make sure there aren't any explosives residues on your stuff.
    Uh.
    Laptops cause hold ups, since they have to examine them.

16. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Do Americans have to give their fingerprints on internal flights?

Just pack your stuff and don't leave it lying around anywhere strange, like the airport mosque.

Remember to put liquid type stuff, like shower gel, in a plastic bag inside your toiletry bag. Not for any security reason, but it's never fun when your toiletry bag is full of suds and your toothbrush tastes like shower gel.

17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Don't be a white, conservatively dressed, grandmother.

You're sure to get strip searched.

To get past, you have to wear full Moslem dress, and look like you'd make a huff and sue the airlines if they look at you crooked.

18. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Take a good book. It took 2 1/2 hours to get through immigration last year.

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

War and Peace it is. (Actually probably not, considering the authors country of origin)

20. orcot Valued Senior Member

... take underwear... really don't forget it I had to wear the same one for 3 weeks.

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

3 weeks??
    Why didn't you just buy some underwear?
    They are not that expensive.

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Did you use the inside out trick taught to followers of Red Dwarf?

23. orcot Valued Senior Member

Imagen yourself without a driving license in the middle of nowhere in a maltese castle when you don't speak german thats why
    PS i don't own a castle I yust pretty much lived in it's libary for 3 weeks