What makes someone cool????

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by taylan007, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Also, it's the same fuckwits that were calling me a freak, because apparently I was a "goth" or "punk", five years ago, when it wasn't in fashion to be "different", that are dressing like Good Charlotte and Manson now, because everyone is trying to be individual, while they are copying the dickheads on the cover of all those shit magazines, and on Mtv.

Yes, I know the bastards.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Camden Lock is a cool place for people watching. Last time I was there, I saw this Goth woman, she was wearing the ubiquitus all black, white face makeup, black lipstick, you know, the real necro look, but what was really cool about her was her handbag, which was shaped like a miniature coffin.. I had to smile.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

nope im not goth, quite the oppersite, i just find it wierd to judge people without know them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Anyone who puts any sort of effort into their dress demands that you judge them. Goths, with their elaborate costumes, obviously demand that you notice and judge them. They don't dress up for themselves, they dress up for you. People dresses up for other people.

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'll keep that in mind next time I go alone hiking in winter.

Oh, and I see nothing bad with wanting to look good. :m:

9. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

What bullshit. People dress to cover up their bodies. Only teens dress to impress everyone. Adults dress in any way they want to match their personalities and, generally, for themselves.

10. Roman Banned Banned

No shit. But not to cover our bodies against the elements, but other people's eyes. Adults dress in anyway they want...? Are you serious? Where do you work and who do you work for?

What clothes one wears is for other people. Clothes tell other people how to think of us.

Look at the clothes people wear to the office, what they put on for the business meeting. Ties, button down shirts, slacks. It's a uniform that says business.

Then look at what people wear to clubs and bars. Another uniform, that has an entirely different message.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

people dresses up for many different reasons, still you dont know the person before you have talked to them or been with them for a while, judge them before that would be stupid. All im saying is dont judge people on cloth and appears only or because they look different from you.

12. Roman Banned Banned

Those are perfectly acceptable ways to judge a person, about as acceptable as any other way to judge a person. Besides, I don't have time to get to know everyone. There are 6 billion people in the world. I need a way to decide very quickly who's most compatible with me. What people wear is one definite way to decide. It may not be 100% accurate, but it is efficient.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Heh, look who's looking for people to judge him. Want a hug?

14. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I want a hug. It's pms season, and all my boys left me.

MWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Hugging is for the emo types. Ask Asguard, he used to be a very huggy person.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

p.s. What's a pms season?

16. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Pre-menstrual syndrome, marked by acute downward mood swings.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Ha, sucks for you then!

18. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Awww, just come cuddle. /snuggle-snuggle with Avatar./

19. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Btw, how do you like my user icon?

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

1. Stop being repulsive
    2. You hardly look like Mr. Doctor from Devil Doll
    3. Let's quit this offtopic

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Kunax,
    Whether you like it or not EVERYONE pre-judges.
    It is a simple fact of lie.
    As Roman said, you simply don't have time to get to know every person you come into contact with.
    People use different criteria to base those judgments, some are more or less fair than others.
    The worst, in my opinion, are the ones a person can not control and has no bearing on reality (such as skin color).
    You use different signs, aspects, behaviors etc to make snap judgements about people, just like everyone else.
    In my opinion, how someone dresses is a GREAT way to do that.
    It is something that a person has control over.
    It says a great deal about a person's priorities in life (for example, a person who chooses to spend $1000 on a pair of boots and has designer labels displayed prominently about his or her body, or someone whop is wearing 20 year old jeans and a T-Shirt).
    It is something that most people use to put their associations and beliefs on display. Like bumper stickers on cars.
    There is also a lot that is displayed sub-consciously.

Now, if you get to know someone and find out your first impression was wrong, then you are a closed-minded jackass if you don't reconsider your views.
    What, specifically, is wrong with using clothing as one of the criteria to base your first impression on?

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

umm, why do we tend to judge people, need to know their priorities?
    I mean - what's the difference for me if the other guy is punk, a suit or a goth?

23. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

There is no difference per se, it goes deeper and further than that.

Tell me, what do you base your judgements of people on?
    What matters to you?
    What draws you into and what pulls you away from people?