What is wrong with being a Conspiracy Theorist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Jan Ardena, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

You can take it any way you choose to....unfortunately the truth is a different matter...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

God created humans as well, no? So if his creation is capable of doing evil, then his creation is not good.

Try again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

I'm well aware that I can take it any way I want. That's why I asked you how I should take it. Is this your sheepish attempt at a non-apology because you're embarrassed from apologizing so much lately, or are you trying to be defiant in the face of yet another astounding blunder on your part?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't need to try again, read your own examples, therein lies the answer.

jan.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

hey read my lips...
    any way you choose to take it...
    or are you incapable of thinking for yourself?

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Quantum Quack,

Or anyone who is up for a good discussion or debate instead of being completely anal.

That's the nature of debate.

The spiritual master (Jesus) does not ''remove sin'' from the body. The sinful activity is weeded out because the focus of the student changes.
    However, due to the responsibility of the relationship (guru & student), the guru accepts any sins which have been committed by the student which is
    why spiritual master choose carefully.

We don't know how to worship God directly which is why we need guidance.

Without that kind of help, we would be on this wheel with no hope of getting off. Material nature is too overwhelming.

Mankind doesn't know shit, when it comes to spiritual enlightenment, without the help of God.

From his perspective it wasn't a high price, it was just a moment in time used to give an example of how to live.
    The fact that WE think it is a high price, form a large part of reason why we are in the conditional life.

The only way you can save your soul, is to give that responsibility to someone who is already saved.

It is your responsibility, but you don't know how to save your own self.

The church is an institute not a place to develop God consciousness.

On the other hand it can be very liberating as people lose their fear and anxiety.

You've simply created a bad scenario, then stated that you see no value in that. Isn't that a strawman argument?

O
    Nobody can take away your freewill, they merely lessen the playing field.

I wouldn't say ''the most immoral act'' as there are worse things.

Define ''freedom'', define ''peace''.

I like the way you try to stand aside from the notion of such a person as though such states of contemplations never apply to you. The same as the atheist in relation to dogma, yet you automatically had a go at that evangelist without any reason, based on a preconceived idea.

A conspiracy theorist is a person who is not satisfied with what the authorities are telling him.

jan.

10. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Spidergoat's first post, basically.
    Skepticism is healthy.

But there are always those who can't see the forest for the trees. Conspiracy theorists should just go watch "Pi". It might help them get some perspective.

Spurious blah.

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Or that's the delusion he's operating under, being driven by at least mild mental imbalances. Some of the ones I've noticed include a narcissistic sense of having outsmarted the conspirators (who tend to be smart people to begin with) coupled with a highly naive perception of inner workings of the issue itself, and particularly of the way the alleged conspirators acted.

This is different I think to the legitimate forms of critical investigation into authority. The Karen Silkwood story is one that comes to mind. Silkwood was generally dismissed as a nut and conspiracy theorist, but was able get a little traction and of course the truth came out long after it was too late for her.

For a person who thinks they've outsmarted the smart people, their best hope is to be smart about bringing the evidence, so that they may more easily distinguish themselves from the nuts.

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I think the Bible has ample evidence that the God that is worshiped is utterly insane.... the worship of violence is not something I hold in high regard for starters.
    And to tell children that it is somehow ok to string someone up on a cross after being beaten half to death is something to worship as some sort of pseudo deliberate act of self flagellation and expect them to reject violence is absurd. To then state it as a "fact" when absolutely no evidence is available to support it is even more absurd.

Authorities should always be subject to and open to being questioned.. always...

"How dare you question my authority!!!!?" the Emperor said , as his subjects cut of his head...

Nah the "God" [ universe ] I worship is quite sane and open to being questioned....and what is more there is ample evidence of it's existance...
    Proof of God is everywhere all the time, if one chooses to see what they are looking at.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  13. Balerion Banned Banned

Classic non-answer from Jan.

If the day ever comes when you happen upon your integrity, let me know.

In other words, you have no answer.

You and Jan are cut from the same cloth. Two people playing at intellectualism.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

hey read my lips...

my answer is: any way you choose to take it...

or are you incapable of thinking for yourself?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The whole reason why the scifroums "skeptics society" is so anti religion is they believe in a Global religious conspiracy to corrupt the minds of school children, and adults into becoming mindless, unthinking, no-questioing authority, religious nutters.
    They are the most ardent conspiracy theorists of this forum membership.

16. Balerion Banned Banned

More unsubstantiated BS from QQ.

Support your claim or retract it.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

gosh..Balerion... you are sooooooo predictable...

18. Balerion Banned Banned

So you can't support your claim, then? I'm calling you out on it, and this Wynn-esque evasion you're pulling right now is evidence that you're just making noise.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

but you are.,....'tis true.. you are sooooo predictable....what proof do you want...?
    Reckon the odds are pretty high that most readers could guess what your next post is going to be...

20. Balerion Banned Banned

By all means, let's hear it.

21. seagypsy Banned Banned

Just curious, does anyone remember what the OP was about? Multiple pages of tangent lost me.

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You said,

''The bible, for one. Not only does it say God himself is good ("Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone." --Mark 10:17-18) but also says that everthing God created is good ("For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving," --Timothy 4:4). Have at it. ''

With this information, how is it that God created evil?

In genesis we see that God created Adam and Eve. Were they evil?

You should give answering questions with your own mind, a shot, it can be quite liberating.

And you you're playing at intelligentism.

jan.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Well, modern atheists are the biggest, and most open conspiracy theorists around, so we can still keep the intention of the thread alive. Hopef

What is your take on conspiracy theorists?

jan.