What is "time" Split

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Harry2, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry2 Registered Member

I would be interested in anyone who could define time scientifically ?

While this next part is taken from religion, somebody somewhere over many years must have the same questions about time?

MATHEW 16;3 says, and at morning, it will be wintry rainy weather today, for the sky is fire red, but gloomy looking. It goes on to say that we know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but the signs of the times we cannot interpret. It also says in the ACTS OF APOSTLES chapter 1;7, He said to them, it does not belong to you to get knowledge of the times or seasons, which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction.

What does that mean?

To me science and physics can only explain what we the human race are allowed to receive as wisdom?

Is that statement really true?

MATHEW 11;25 says, I publicly praise you father lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes.

Are we a controlled life, it seems so, time to me is a few hours in sleep, get up go to work pay the bills, tax insurance etc come home a few hours then bed and then back to work, and at work I work by the clock each hour keeping a close eye on it because my job is run by the clock every hour every day, what a life.

Time, really, time for change if possible because to me it is a damn clock face

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

OMG. Duffield?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I don't think so. We now have clocks that vary in rate one from another by less than a few cycles per hour, but neither is measuring what Newton called his "absolute mathematical time" - the "t" parameter in his equations. He knew the length of the day varied from one day to another and recommended "astronomical time" as best available approximation (in his day) - what we now call sidereal time, but our clocks are now better than that!
    I've done some sailing, even owned a small sail boat as a graduate student for fun and cheap dates during the summers. I "crewed" for a friend with a 33 foot Hunter when he raced it including around the Eastern shore of MD. (To be truthful, the rest of the crew was more skilled than I was - I did boring things, like keep the jib on the edge of "luffing" and was the cook for the 3 day trips.) Sailors say:
    Red sky at morning - Sailors take warning
    But red sky at night is a sailor's delight.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tashja Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.