What is this shit?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Dr Lou Natic, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Are you channeling Orleander?:shrug:

Dr Lou is complaining because S.A.M takes perfectly acceptable posts, rips them out of context, and then places them in a thread which she flatteringly refers to as 'graffiti'. That's hardly a diplomatic solution. In fact, it's blatantly insulting, and has pissed quite a few people off. What would you say if I started moving all of the posts where you make snide remarks towards me to a thread titled 'Garbage', and you were made to look like an arrogant condescending piece of shit? No doubt you'd be crying foul.

Oh, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the posts located in the graffiti thread were made almost entirely by those who have personality clashes with S.A.M. Why is that, I wonder?

It's blatantly obvious that S.A.M is very eager to overmoderate on what she (wrongly) considers to be 'flaming' and 'off topic remarks', but she rarely applies this same critical scrutiny to her own posts, or those of her buddies. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. S.A.M has diplomatic immunity.

What's really disgusting here is that Gendaken was demodded not because she abused her mod privileges, but simply because she had some outspoken and politically incorrect opinions. And yet here we have a moderator who tows the liberal partisan party line and clearly is abusing her privileges, yet hasn't been booted.

What a fucking disgrace.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lepustimidus Banned Banned

What are you going to do about S.A.M, James? Allowing her to moderate is an insult to all of the members of sciforums.

I mean, Jesus Christ, even you admitted in the past that S.A.M has a habit of derailing threads.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lepustimidus Banned Banned

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Dr Lou Natic's motives are completely irrelevant. Perhaps he didn't give a shit until he himself was made a victim of S.A.M's bullshit. So what? The fact that you spin this around as an attack on him by questioning his motives, instead of actually addressing what he has to say, is ridiculous. If that's the way the moderators here deal with complaints, then this forum is fucked.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

LOL. stand in line

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bells Staff Member

Oh? "Perfectly acceptable posts"? Lets see..

To name just a couple. I guess they weren't rude. They would have been acceptable if they had been posted in Free Thoughts or even the Cesspool. But they were not. So they were removed from their respectable threads and semi-cesspooled in the Grafitti thread. Which is, in effect, a dumping place for off-topic and thread derailing posts.

Is it really that hard to understand. She could simply have deleted them outright. I would have. Instead, she chose to simply remove them after complaints were made about the fact that she had deleted such posts in the past. Can't keep everyone happy...

So what solution do you have to the problem of off-topic, thread derailing and insulting posts? Delete or simply moved and kept for prosperity? Well? You're quick to complain (as you always seem to do), but you consistently fail to offer any solutions.

Go right ahead. Literally, knock yourself out.

How do you feel when the threads you post in are moved to the Cesspool? You don't seem to cry foul then. I mean how dare she attempt to keep the threads open by removing offending and off-topic posts..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How dare she!

Are you sure about that? The posts that were moved there were moved there because some of those people have complained in the past about having their comments and/or insults about Sam deleted from the forums she happens to moderate. Seriously MH, what do you propose she do? Allow all threads to go completely off-topic? Let the flames thrash the threads and the forums themselves?

On the contrary, she deletes and removes her own posts when she has allowed herself to respond to flames and insults. In short, she moderates herself.

I've had my posts deleted and removed from her forums by her for similar reasons. What's your problem with that? Would you prefer she moderates by simply deleting offending posts like the rest of us do? What solution would you have? What sage advice can you offer her in terms of her moderation style? Do you think telling 'why did the chicken cross the road' jokes are not off-topic?

Please, you and co are simply trying to find yet more stuff to complain about. When there's nothing else available, you go back to your whipping post and that individual happens to be Sam. It's getting really old MH.

How is she abusing her moderator position and privilege by not deleting offending and off-topic posts, instead choosing to place them in a closed thread after people complained about her deleting them in the first place? She would have been abusing her privilege if she had allowed the threads to veer completely off-topic and degenerate into chicken jokes and Chuck Norris jokes. But she does not. And you're complaining about that? You're complaining that she is not deleting off-topic posts but moving them to a dumping thread? You're saying she should have ignored the demands for her to not delete such posts in the past?

Indeed. How dare she moderate her forums and try in vain to keep the threads from going off-topic!

His motives have everything to do with it. That thread had been there for ages. Not a single person complained about it. Lou sure didn't. But as soon as he realises that his posts had been moved there, it suddenly became unacceptable? And what about you MH? Why didn't you complain about this "disgrace" before?

9. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Why the hell is there a "no insulting" rule? Has anyone ever stopped and realised how fucking stupid that is? Why do we just accept these absurd rules like they are carved in sacred stone? They're retarded, they are unambiguously what has caused sciforums to devolve into a hen house/kindergarten.
    If that isn't the intended state of sciforums, you must change the rules.

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i dont know if this is what caused it, but sci forum does attract mmmm...some peculiar individuals.

11. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

Bells,
    Jesus! It was a joke thread, Bells. If SAM didn't want any joking around in her forum, why didn't she just move the entire thread to Free Thoughts or the Cesspool?

The title of the thread was "Chicken or penguin?" and this was the OP:

Here is the second post after the OP, why wasn't it moved to the Grafitti thread along with those you quoted?
    The complaints are about moving certain posts from the thread when other inane or humorous posts aren't. Is it really that hard to understand?

12. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Why did SAM cross the road?

To move a couple of posts.

13. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Thread in question is no longer available. Therefore, this thread isn't relevant anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.