What is the strangest mental disorder?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by John J. Bannan, Aug 7, 2007.

1. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Of course, beastiality is strange. But, it isn't strange to want to have sex. Which is worse, beastiality or pedophillia? Wouldn't wanting to have sex with an animal be stranger than wanting to have sex with a human albeit a child? So, which is stranger - beastiality or wanting to cut off your own limbs? Still, I do with cutting off your own limbs. Being so horny you want to fuck a goat still makes rational sense, while cutting off your own limbs makes no rational sense.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kipler Registered Member

'ignore'

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i would rather have him cut his own limbs of aswell,

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kipler Registered Member

'Pedophillia' is one of the normal ones.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Want me to give you a list?

Autoassassinophilia-attraction of fantasizing their own death in the hands of another.

Abasiophilia-attraction to people with impaired mobility, especially those who use wheel chairs, braces, and casts.

Coprophilia-attraction to feces.

Vorarephilia-attraction occurs from the idea of being eaten whole and alive, eating another alive, or watching this process.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

people will advertise that sort of thing on the internet, there was a case a while ago when a guy out an advert in the local paper which said "wanted young man to eat" and he actually did eat someone

9. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Autoassassinophilia and vorarephilia are the most nuts of this lot. An attraction to feces is sick, but not that disturbing. Attraction to people in wheelchairs is strange, but rather harmless. Of course, being attracted to having someone kill you is included in wanting to be eaten alive by another. Now, that is certainly stranger than wanting to cut off your own leg, as at least you can survive this ordeal. Has anyone ever actually wanted to be eaten alive and then had another vorarephiliac do it?

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

A man had a weird illness. Whenever he broke wind, it made the sound
    "Honda". He asked his doctor about it but the doctor (after months of
    tests and literature-reading) could not figure it out. Finally, just
    before he was about to give up, he had an idea! "I'll call the Honda
    Company in Japan and ask the company doctor!" Well, he called the
    Japanese doctor and was told by him to see if the patient had an
    abscess in his teeth somewhere. Sure enough, there was, and when it
    was treated the other affliction ended! When the doctor asked his
    Japanese counterpart how he could make such a great diagnosis over
    the phone from such a long distance away the man replied:

"Simple. Abscess makes a fart go Honda."

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Those are also not mental disorders.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

I'VE GOT A METAL ILLNESS
    Rock addiction 'is disability'
    By Graham Brough 21/06/2007

Black Sabbath kicked off Roger's addiction

More Weird World
    Have your say: Weird World forum
    A HEAVY metal fan has been awarded sickness handouts after doctors said his addiction to music was a disability.

The amazing ruling means Roger Tullgren, 42, will pocket thousands of pounds in state benefits to help finance his 36-year obsession.

His boss is also letting him play his ear-splitting music at work and giving him time off for concerts.

AdvertisementIt marks an end to Roger's 10-year bid to have his "condition", which began when he started listening to Ozzy Osbourne's band Black Sabbath in 1971, officially classified as a handicap.

Bedecked in his traditional heavy metal skull and crossbones jewellery he said: "Some might say I should grow up and learn to listen to other types of music but I can't.

"Heavy metal is my lifestyle. The fact I am into music so much has affected my work situation to the extent that I have had to quit some jobs."

Roger will get a £65 a week top up to the money he earns as a part-time restaurant dishwasher so he can buy concert tickets and CDs. And the tattooed rocker, from Hassleholm in southern Sweden, hopes it will pay his expenses for playing in his band Silverland.

The Swedish Unemployment Service said: "Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, the Employment Service has agreed to pay part of Mr Tullgren's salary in disability benefits.

It stepped in after occupational psychologists performed extensive tests before classifying him "disabled".

But another Swedish occupational therapist said: "I think it's extremely strange. If someone has has a gambling addiction you don't send them down the racetrack. We try to cure the addiction, not encourage it."

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

9. Foreign Accent Syndrome

There are about 50 recorded cases of Foreign Accent Syndrome, in which people who have suffered strokes or other injuries adopt a new accent. For example, Tiffany Roberts of Florida suffered a stroke and then began speaking with an English accent. She even adopted such Anglicisms as ‘bloody’ and ‘loo’. Ms Roberts had never been to Great Britain, and was not a fan of British television shows.

Perhaps the oddest case concerned a Norwegian woman who had fallen into a coma after being hit by shrapnel during an air raid in 1941. When she woke up, she spoke with a thick German accent. She was then ostracised by her neighbours.

----------

5. Dr Strangelove Syndrome

Officially known as Alien Hand Syndrome, this bizarre neurological illness affects thousands of people. It is caused by damage to certain parts of the brain, and causes one of a person’s hands to act independently of the other and of its owner’s wishes. For example, the misbehaving hand may do the opposite of what the normal one is doing: if a person is trying to button a shirt with one hand, the other will follow along and undo the buttons. If one hand pulls up trousers, the other will pull them down. Sometimes the hand may become aggressive - pinching, slapping, or punching the patient. In at least one case, it tried to strangle its owner. Says neurologist Rachelle Doody, ‘Often a patient will sit on the hand, but eventually it gets loose and starts doing everything again.”

---------------------------------------

those are strange

14. Kipler Registered Member

Dear Spidergoat,
    Mental illness is a very general term, anything from talking too fast, to full out bipolar. Mosy Philias goes under the catagory of mental illness, its like saying phobias arn't a mental illness.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

There is this case in Germany. They are thinking it was consensual, but still, he's going to jail for murder.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i wander what human smells like cooking???

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Fetishes can be strange, but they are not mental illnesses. They used to say homosexuality was a mental illness.

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah they also put domination has a mental illness, i guess it all boils down to what "you" call a mental illness

19. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Theism?

I kid, I kid.

Really, probably something like an extreme form of paranoid schizophrenia's gotta be up there. Messiah-Complex can be possibly the most damaging, though, 'cause it can cause delusions of grandeur which make someone do stupid and outright fucknuts things.

I don't consider the various "philias" and "phobias" to be mental illnesses. Just quirks and kinks, really.

20. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

'Normalcy'.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

consciousness

peace.

22. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

I like foreign accent and Dr. Strangelove syndrome, but the article about the cannibal eating another alive at this request is truly gruesome. (And still the winner!)

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I've always wondered why a plastic surgeon would operate on a nose to that extreme! That's malpractice! I guess money talked to somebody. I can't imagine a legitimate surgeon paring away at MJ's nose until he had none. That's sick of them both.