What is the strangest mental disorder?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by John J. Bannan, Aug 7, 2007.

1. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Jesus in a coma? Stabbed through the chest. Bleeding all over the place. Hands and feet nailed to a cross. Beaten and scourged. Tortured by Roman soldiers - killers of many. Soldiers who would be killed if they didn't do their job right.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

body dysmorphic disorder

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMAO! You have got to be kidding me. A Jesus conspiracy?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

They didn't know what a coma was?! They weren't retarded!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They were much more familiar with death than the average person today is. People died from ear infections, fevers, broken limbs, etc.
    They died in their homes and in the streets. They have a time of mourning. They saw the body cold, going through rigour, decaying. They knew what death looked like. And he was a goner.

8. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

He's not dressing as an animal. He's not a furry.

extensive tattooing, including facial tattooing
    hairline modification
    facial transdermal implants to allow the wearing of whiskers. The base is inserted under teh skin. He has 6 on each side between is cheek and nose. The base implant is threaded. It may either stick out like a bolt, or be inward like a nut. The 'whiskers' are fake. He screws them in.
    facial subdermal implants to change the shape of the brow and forehead
    filing and capping of his teeth to have a more feline appearance. He now has fangs.
    wearing green contact lenses with slit irises
    having his ears surgically pointed
    silicone injection in the lips, cheeks, chin and other parts of his face
    bifurcated upper lip. Its split to make it more cat like.

10. Kipler Registered Member

Morvan's syndrome

People with this rare disorder can't and find they don't need sleep for months at a time. Extremely rare.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Is it a mental illness? Not sleeping for months sounds fatal. Is it?

12. Kipler Registered Member

No they don't have any side-effects with going with out sleep for so long, like others would, thats what is so strange about it.

"Morvan's syndrome is characterised by status epilepticus & tonic-clonic epilepsy (grand mal) plus neuromyotonia (involuntary fibrillary contraction of muscles at rest), autonomic nervous system dysfunction, central nervous system dysfunction and endocrine system problems. Major central nervous system problems are sleep disorder, confusion, amnesia, hallucinations and delusions.

One of the most striking symptoms is a decreased need for sleep. In 1974 a neurobiologist Michel Jouvet reported a case of a 27-year-old man with Morvan's syndrome who required no sleep and rarely felt tired for periods of many months yet would experience daily hallucinations between 9 P.M. and 11 P.M. as well as pain and blod vessel constriction."

quote from wikipedia

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

for months?! I don't believe that. :bugeye:

14. Kipler Registered Member

Do I win the reward for the strangest one?

15. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Cat man is weirder than not sleeping. You may not be able to name the disorder, but it's got to be something gone crazy in this guy's head. Still, cutting of your own legs takes the cake.

16. Kipler Registered Member

Also those with the disorder suffer from hallucinations, delusions, and other ill effects, which could also go to cutting your own legs off. People with hallucinations often fall off the top of buildings thinking they are playing football or dancing. How far off is cutting of your own legs from jumping off buildings thinking you are playing soccer?

17. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Yea, but at least you have the excuse of "I was hallucinating!" These people like to cut their legs off.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I have concluded that the strangest mental disorder is asking a question to which you have already decided your final and conclusive answer.

19. Kipler Registered Member

Exactly how many people have done that and enjoyed it? Ha ha
    And I need to see the medical journal that says they enjoyed doing it.
    There is another rare syndrome that deals with pain, or the lack of pain, and people with that can't get up in the morning without checking their body for cuts and fevers cause they can't feel anything heat or cold, pain or pleasure, well I guess people with the certain disorder wouldn't like chopping their own legs off, but they wouldn't mind..besides the fact they couldn't walk any more..atleast it wouldn't hurt.

20. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

I already gave a site describing the disorder of people wanting to cut their limbs off. And no, my mind is not made up on the strangest disorder. I simply haven't heard a stranger one yet. But, there is still plenty of time people.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

chrones disease is fairly rare

22. Kipler Registered Member

*Looks at the site* And here is me thinking they sawed them off them selves..thats not that bad. I think its just as bad as recieving pleasure from pain, or alot of the different types of phillias. Example "Pedophillia" is just as bad, and they are considered mental illnesses.

23. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Which is stranger - pedophillia or cutting off your own limbs? If it was my kid, I would rather have the bastard cut off his own limbs. But, there are a lot more pedophilliacs than people who cut off their own limbs. This is a close one.