Discussion in 'Human Science' started by John J. Bannan, Aug 7, 2007.
I've heard of people who get off on hacking their own limbs off. Anything crazier than that?
Log in or Sign up to hide all adverts.
To have lived with my ex wife! Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Schizophrenia is pretty strange. So is Tourette's Syndrome.
Yeah, but hacking off your own limbs!
The one patient I saw in my lifetime was randy with the nurses and kept running away from the hospital, however if you talked to him, he just appeared like a nervous young man.
What did your ex-wife do that was so strange?
Wilson's disease is not nearly as bad as hacking off your own limbs.
Oh if you mean weird strange then these may fit the bill:
1. Munchausen syndrome: faking illnesses to gain attention
2. Trichotillomania is an impulse control disorder characterised by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, beard hair, nose hair, pubic hair, eyebrows or other body hair.
3. Triskaidekaphobia: fear of the number 13.
4. The Capgras delusion or Capgras' syndrome is a rare disorder in which a person holds a delusional belief that an acquaintance, usually a close family member or spouse, has been replaced by an identical looking imposter.
5. Bigorexia or Muscle dysmorphia is a disorder in which an individual becomes obsessed that they are not muscular enough. Sometimes referred to as bigorexia or reverse anorexia nervosa, it is a very specific case of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).
More info on people obsessed with amputation
Trichotillomania is the strangest of the lot you mentioned. However, hacking off your own limbs is worse.
Drapetomania is the strangest. I've never heard such crap in my life.
B.I.I.D. is stranger.http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/22/h...tml?ex=1186632000&en=13db226e4595a239&ei=5070
She became a he. Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Whoa! That's quite an ego basher.
That is truly strange. Not even a Lesbian first, huh? Went straight to transgender? Must have freaked you out, no?
How is cutting off your arm and different than starving yourself to death? Or what Jacko did to his face?
Its about self-loathing and wanting to be something you're not. Seeing yourself in an unrealistic manner.
Because you get off on cutting off your arm. This isn't even rational. Starving yourself to death, having cosmetic surgery on your face, wanting to be something you're not is all rational - although unrealistic.
Wanting to look like a concentration camp victim is rational? Having surgery til your nose is gone is rational?
That doesn't sound rational
It's rational, because they want to look better. They want to be skinnier, because skinnier people are more attractive. They want a slimmer non-black nose, because many people find slimmer noses better looking than wider noses. This is rational.
OK, this is a contest isn't it. You think you have the winning answer and you are the judge at the same time right.
I get it now.
OMG John!!! You are so right! That is truely the strangest mental disorder. I can't think of anything that tops that. :bravo:
i have first hand expierience with that one! i was the victim and not the abuser!
Separate names with a comma.