What is the difference between Che and Mandela ?

Discussion in 'History' started by Overdose, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Overdose From the steppes of Mongolia Registered Senior Member

First of all, if you are someone who waers a Che T-Shirt then please do not answer this question because that proves how much! you know about Che and how much! you care about his ideas.

Both of them were captured by the CIA and both of them were leaders of armed people. One of them got killed by the CIA and one of them is seen as the "Man of Peace" now

Why did Che had to die and Nelson Mandela became the man of peace..what seperates them

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

Where did you get the CIA story? Che was killed while leading a band of guerilla's in Bolivia. Mandela was arrested by the old white South African government and thrown in jail. Che was the leader of a violent revolution. Mandela tried to avoid violence.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. patcho Registered Senior Member

I have a Che Reagan t-shirt, can I comment? anyway, I'm with mathman, curious as to where you heard that...as its very wrong.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thersites Registered Senior Member

Read Mandela's speech at the Rivonia trial and you will se how slowly and reluctantly he was driven to accept violence as necessary to achieve change. The important thing about Mandela is that after he achieved power he did not persecute or destroy his opponents.