What is emotion?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by zzz_ZZZ_zzz, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

Emotion? I think emotion is partly responsible for our motivation: we are certainly more or less likely to repeat an action of the result of that action is a good or bad feeling.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Do you want me to bring the news clippings of, say, Harold Shipman perhaps? Doctor who murdered 10's of his patients?

Should I bring the news article of the doctor who artificially inseminated women with his own sperm instead of the donor sperm?

Should I bring the news articles of the gynecologist who had sex with his patients?

Should I bring the news article of the dentist who had sex with his patients when they were under anaesthesia?

Why is it a high horse? I will save the health of you and your family if you listen to my Happeh Theory. Masturbation will make you and your kinds sub normal. Your brains will be affected. You will not think well and your personalities will be affected.

I can't beleive you do not want the best for your family and friends.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

you have been saying this since you arrived here.
    we have been asking you for medical evidence to support your claims.
    we are still waiting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Okay, everyone gets it. Heppah is afraid of his cock and it shows in his world-view. Neat.

How about if we actually talk about the subject matter??? The question in the thread title: What is emotion? Well, what is it?

It is not the chemical reactions exactly.

It's the experience of those reactions, coupled with an abstract component which is impacted by the interaction of the chemical reactions of emotion and the context percieved by the mind in question at a given time.

8. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I was just making a joke.
    I apologize for trying to enjoy life, and laugh a little.
    I didn't think we had to get into a whole discussion on it.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

i love you enjoying life

10. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

lol, funniest thing i've heard in 2 years.

11. draqon Banned Banned

He, happeh, makes threads more challenging/debatable/interesting/worth arguing. Happeh is the "sun" that gives as happiness. Let happeh declare what he makes up and let us (or me, if noone supports me) enjoy every part of it.

12. Happeh Registered Senior Member

You know what? I have provided the opportunity for the psychologists here to practice their phrases more than anyone else. They should be paying me. Go look.

Delusional

Crazy

Serioulsly, you need help

Please seek help

You need help

Paranoid

And on and on an on and on. I should be getting like $50 an hour for my services.

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

People have to value what you offer to give you money for it.

I don't see it happening, but then again people listen to all kinds of people that I can't believe they listen to.

So much for an intelligent dicussion.

Let's analyze heppah then.

Why are you afraid of your cock, jackass?

14. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

I appreciate that.
    For a person like me it means a lot.

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

thought this may be relevant to this discussion

in ou news lately has been tis big story about how this very rich couple living in a big mnsion in the country here....

they'd been married for several decades. anyhow. he's a big lawyer. anyhow she tells him she's been having an affair.
    he seeem to take it alright. she texts her lover to say so. then....one night aftershe's had a dinner date with her lover, she arrives home. her husband's put her sleeping balnket on and gone to bed

but when she is gwtting ready for bed he appears with a large kitchen knife and stabs her to death

we later larn that this gut had had a very bad temper when young, but had kept it 'under control'---TILL it appears this crisis when all that pent-up emotion exploded and he killed his wife

16. Happeh Registered Senior Member

The warm glow of friendliness always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.