What is Eastern and Western countries?

Discussion in 'History' started by Vlad, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

Thanks for the extended ad hom Vlad, shows your intellectual inadequacy.

I’ll deal with the few sentences that actually mean anything.

I don't regard Hungary as backwards, I don't regard only 14 people in the world as true Westerners and everybody else as backwards scum.

No where did I say that everyone else was scum, that’s your neo-Nazi terms. All I said was that states like yours are backward compared to that of France for instance, France was backward herself to England at a certain time, but France was always Western because of her historical, cultural, linguistic connection to the concept of the West. Hungary is none of those things; no one ever said that France was a Eastern state even though she was backward compared to that of the English. Hungary is backwards of course in a western standard that you so employ against the people of the world. You just can’t take the fact that Westerners don’t really consider Hungarians and Arabs all that different.

In fact there are a lot of countries in the world I admire in a lot of ways, and they don't fit your criteria of 'western'.

So you should…I consider the Sino culture superior to that of the Western persuasion, but at least I am wiling to admit that.

I just regard despotic shitholes like the Middle East as backwards because they lack the ability/desire to conform to modern standards of acceptable political behavior.

Hungary was the same way prior to WWI, are you that ignorant of your own history? It took us Western powers to come and destroy the Austro-Hungarian Empire to bring western values, and systems to your OVERTLY backward, despotic, feudal country, this was 1914! By your own criterion Hungary was a shithole, and in reality it hasn’t really changed that much.

to try and refute my view point is a waste of effort on your part because I'll happily ADOPT your definition of what western is, ridiculous as it may be, and say that Hungary is NOT Western.

Why is this even an argument? Merely telling me I am wrong is not sufficient to make yourself look competent. You had ample opportunity to refute my claims, and they have all been efficiency shot down, as shown by the sweet and simple response given to us by STEPH.

Say Hungary is not Western all you like, as if I care.

If you didn’t el retardo then why bother even offer a refutation?

oh honestly Vlad, shut up.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vlad Registered Senior Member

According to who? You? That's great but read the encyclopedia definition I posted. It disagrees with you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

LOL! OMG that was the most pathetic example of a intellectual midget I have seen in a while. Get a brain Vlad, and shut it. You and your lover encyclopedia have been proven wrong.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.