What is a magnetic field made from?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Robittybob1, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I Haven’t got time to check but a quick timely guess - probably none.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'll have to look up what a "Force Field" is?

I get the feeling if you are under a tonne of rock you are in a force field!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

From Wikipedia on Fundamental Interactions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_forces
    "In particle physics, fundamental interactions (sometimes called interactive forces) are the ways that elementary particles interact with one another. An interaction is fundamental when it cannot be described in terms of other interactions. The four known fundamental interactions, all of which are non-contact forces, are electromagnetism, strong interaction, weak interaction (also known as "strong" and "weak nuclear force" respectively) and gravitation. With the possible exception of gravitation, these interactions can usually be described in a set of calculational approximation methods known as perturbation theory, as being mediated by the exchange of gauge bosons between particles. However, there are situations where perturbation theory does not adequately describe the observed phenomena, such as bound states and solitons."

Note there doesn't seem to be any clear definition of a "Force Field" so what was being meant by that phrase?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

A force field is just a vector field where particles are subject to forces; a force has magnitude and direction so it's a vector.

So that a charged particle in an electric field will experience a force that accelerates it--this is how vacuum tubes work. In a magnetic field the force on a charged particle changes direction so the particle moves in a curved path. A constant (DC) electric field acts linearly on a charged particle (i.e. in one direction), a constant magnetic field doesn't.
    If you want to know why, I suggest you study the difference between electric and magnetic fields and how they're generated. The first is a property of static charge, the second is a property of dynamic charge.

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I was looking up Bernoulli equation and it linked to a Wikipedia article on "force field" (so I now wonder why it didn't take me to the same article today?). My mistake.

9. hansda Valued Senior Member

Force-field is a field , from where a force can be generated . Force-field is like magnetic-field or electrical-field .

This is the case of gravity . Gravity is an example of force-field . In a force-field , if a mass is placed ; the mass will experience force .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  10. el es Registered Senior Member

I thought that gravity was considered to be a fictitious ( pseudo ) force.

If gravity is a real force, couldn't it be quantized at every point in space?

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I would like an explanation for a single electron's magnetic field. For i would say what happens to one is the same as what happens to 2 , 3, 4 .... to infinity

12. hansda Valued Senior Member

An electron has a mass, charge, size and is placed in the atomic-space , in the force-field created by the atomic particles . So, the mass of the electron will experience some force , due to which it will move in the atomic-space . Due to the movement of an electron , magnetism or magnetic-field will be generated .

This is a case of generation of magnetic-field , from electrical-field and force-field .

13. hansda Valued Senior Member

Movement of a mass under the force of gravity is real . So, how gravity can be considered a pseudo-force ?

Force-field exists throughout the space . At any point in space , if a mass is kept ; the mass will experience some force and move accordingly .

14. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I liked this sentence and borrowed it and used it on another forum. Thanks.
    Angular Momentum Of The Protoplanetary Disc, discussion on the Protoplanetary disc
    http://www.physforum.com/index.php?showtopic=30094&st=15&#entry498150
    "There must be some unknown mechanism to get the nebula to have local eddies or else you wouldn't get a star to form.

The large gas cloud with 10 million sun masses how is it going to get ten million local regions angular momentum. Now that makes one think? ??? How can this happen.

I'm starting to wonder if the same mechanism that is causing the Universe to expand is not also involved in creating a mass of gas to start rotating. I suppose Dark Energy and Dark Matter can be used for all sorts of issues.

This statement posted on rival forum "Force-field exists throughout the space . At any point in space , if a mass is kept ; the mass will experience some force and move accordingly."

So you can get these very fast moving jet-streams of moving matter. If this was ionised and unbalanced electrically this would constitute a current, which would create the rotational movement of the magnetic material in the vicinity. So you get a whirlpool of rotating matter depending on the strength of the original jet-stream.

Work done by the stream slows the stream, and the local density of the gas cloud where the stream has slowed increases. Electrically charged ions are attracted and the density increases further.
    Gravity now really kicks in drawing matter from further afield.

The original magnetic moment implies the angular momentum is associated with the magnetic materials. (These are later flicked out of the collapsing nebula to form the core of the planets.)

So does a Star starts from a tapered tube like disturbance within a very large nebula? "

15. hansda Valued Senior Member

I think , force-field must be playing a role in star formation .

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

It is a bit hard to guess your made up definitions, but I think that when you say force-field you mean gravity.

If that is what you mean, then if you can prove or demonstrate that gravity can be produced from an electric and magnetic field you will be the next Nobel Prize winner.

Let me be the first to say congratulations.

17. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

The words 'force-field', as you like to use it, are completely meaningless.

18. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I had previously said: "So you can get these very fast moving jet-streams of moving matter. If this was ionised and unbalanced electrically this would constitute a current, which would create the rotational movement of the magnetic material in the vicinity. So you get a whirlpool of rotating matter depending on the strength of the original jet-stream.

Work done by the stream slows the stream, and the local density of the gas cloud where the stream has slowed increases. Electrically charged ions are attracted and the density increases further.
    Gravity now really kicks in drawing matter from further afield.

The original magnetic moment implies the angular momentum is associated with the magnetic materials. (These are later flicked out of the collapsing nebula to form the core of the planets.) "

Now I don't know if anyone understood the physics of that But can anyone answer this? If an electrically charged wind gushed past Magnetic materials (iron molecules) would they move in the magnetic field generated by the current?

19. hansda Valued Senior Member

If you think 'force-field' is meaningless ; what you think about 'magnetic-field' or 'electrical-field' ? Are they also meaningless ?

I have already defined 'force-field' earlier ; which is similar to 'magnetic-field' or 'electrical-field' .

20. hansda Valued Senior Member

In this case , the iron molecules (magnetic materials ) should move in the magnetic field generated by the current .

21. hansda Valued Senior Member

'Force-field' is a general concept , which exists through out the space or universe .

Gravity is a particular case of 'force-field' , which we normally associate with our Earth .

Force-field for a mass 'm' , at a distance 'r' can be expressed mathematically as F=G*m/r^2 ; where G is gravitational-constant as defined by Newton .

I only said that , force-field can be generated from magnetic-field and electrical-field .
    My only intention is to know the truth .

22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Thank you for this confirming answer.

23. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

You don't get to make up definitions and have them be meaningful.

Force-field is a meaningless generality.