What if the industrial revolution started 50 000 years ago

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by orcot, Mar 5, 2008.

1. weiguxp Wikichem.net - WikiChem Registered Senior Member

we'd be living in 70,000,0000 instead of 2008

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

We think alike on the principle of freezing a brain and scanning it in, but your understanding of quantum mechanics in this case is very wrong. The movement of ions across the neurons membrane during a neural impulse is predictable if not then you would not be able to think as each neuron firing would induce it on quantum quagmire upon it self and would not be able to determine it own outcome, hence neurons would not be able to communicate with each other, this does not happen because ion depolarization of the neuron does not take place with a handful of ions in which quantum mechanics takes affect, but with many many ions in which their movement together are statistical and follow classical laws not quantum.

Another problem with your argument is that you fail to understand true problem and solution to the temporal nature of self: I am a different person from who I was years ago, who I was days ago, who I was minutes ago, who I was seconds ago, not just because of the change of my cells but the instantaneous nature of chemical movements in my brain, does this mean that I die ever instant and I'm reborn a different person the next? No it does not , I'm still considered the same person no matter the changes I have gone though over the instances or years. The random nature input that may change my thought from one instance to another does not change my classification of being me. Now if those random inputs were emulated and by mine was copied and the original was dead, could you tell me apart from my original, could I even tell my self apart, for all intensive proposes I would believe I am still alive and am the same person I was before I died, even if my emulation is not perfect, just as I might consider who am now a more mature learned person then who I was at 16, 9, 3, birth, I could likewise consider my emulation as the more mature from of me to be.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.