What if History has been turned Upside Down?

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by gamelord, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

The pyramids, in some cases, were covered in white marble. The marble is still in Egypt, it was integrated into mosques when the Arabs destroyed Egyptian culture. Nothing mystical about it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Well, that does a lot more to spark my interest than a mere link to the video.

I still haven't watched, but might get to it later. Comments at this stage:

1. The Great Pyramid is unusual. Recently, evidence of a previously-unknown void was discovered in the pyramid, above the level of the King's chamber. It is estimated to be as large as the Grand Gallery leading to the King's chamber. It could be a corridor or an additional chamber. Either way, it is sealed and it doesn't appear to have been broken into since the pyramid was constructed.

On the other hand, it is possible that the pyramid was constructed, but then not used in the end by Khufu, for unknown reasons.

2. The "casing" was white limestone, and it was there to make the pyramid look impressive.

3. Are these conducting materials in the form of raw minerals, or in some form as would be useful in an electrical device?

4. Sounds like ancient batteries, of which there are a few examples. There is no evidence that I am aware of that suggests that the ancient Egyptians used electricity systematically for anything.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, limestone, not marble like I said. Been a while.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I'm sure that there are artifacts from that era and local that are from oil lamps. If there was electricity there would be no need for oil lamps.

8. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

There are no indications of conduits to run power lines, nothing of infrastructure at all.

This is what was found:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And Eric von Dickhead came up with this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

At least the ancient aliens thing has kept him from stealing any more money from the Boy Scouts.

9. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Are you sure that the first picture isn't of an ancient electronic circuit board? Maybe from an ancient radio?

10. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

11. gamelord Registered Senior Member

No idea actually.

This could be crucial to our understanding of the pyramids. However I fear special interests may steal artifacts from the chamber and cover it up.

It was something along the lines of, the pyramid itself was the power line, channeling energy into the gold dome of the pyramid which transferred the ambient energy to the sky, ala. Tesla's attempted Sky Energy device, which he later destroyed possibly out of frustration, possibly out of fearing it could be used as a weapon.

12. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Lots of handwavium used in the project.

gamelord likes this.
  13. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Were the pyramids at Teotihuacan also power stations?

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I watched some of the video. Basically, it's pseudoscience.

The makers take some facts about the pyramid, combine it with some junk science about electricity, throw in some rubbish about "telluric fields" and Tesla and other favorite topics of the pseudoscience crowd, to tell a fantasy story. The number of times the word "speculation" is used in the video is a massive hint. Also, the findings of professional Egyptologists are dismissed without comment, or else painted as ridiculous.

What little science there is in the video contains basic errors. To take just one example, the video briefly discusses how a capacitor works, but it seems to think that it's the magnetic field of a capacitor that is important.

There's also lots of nonsense thrown in about where the pyramid is specially located on Earth, and how there are supposedly no records of the construction of the pyramids, with other blatantly silly claims, such as that the pyramids are at least twice as old as the age that all the real experts accept.

In short, the video is pseudoscientific woo, and it isn't worth watching.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  15. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

von Daniken was debunked years ago, but people keep "finding" him and his spawn.

16. gamelord Registered Senior Member

Alrighty, so I guess the video about pyramids is fake.

17. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Have you ever tried to work with stone?
    The stuff is damned heavy and hard to carve.(and that's just little pieces)
    One wonders
    Why
    Why build megalithic structures with multi-ton carved blocks of stone?
    Why go through all that effort?
    and
    Imagine doing all that work with muscle powered hand tools made of stone---(and then copper)

18. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Lots of things have been done because the people didn't know it was impossible.

19. gamelord Registered Senior Member

Typical human egoistic insanity?

20. sculptor Valued Senior Member

I don't know
    Their reason escapes me

21. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Bragging rights, mostly. Look what we can do! Then quote Ozymandias.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It comes down to politics and religion, mostly.

23. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Klaus Schmidt, though hesitant at first, came to believe that it was likely that a shared religion led to the large gatherings necessary for the building of Göbekli Tepe, and then it was these large gatherings that led to agriculture.

I would suggest that the changing climate at the beginning of the Holocene was instrumental in this.