What does love feel like?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cactus Jack, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne100 Registered Member

I`ve just started feeling like this about a certain person it`s like when ever i`m around her theres a shift in my personality, when i was on holiday all i could think about was talking to her and how great it would be,i`d stand by her through anything, I`d help her if she had a problem and i just want to see her smile and when she smiles it just fills me up right where my heart is even if i`m just thinking about it. This feels like love for me

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

@Wayne. I think you'll be fine. Your instincts are good. Choose carefully.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

Would I be totally way off base in asking if you think it developed more into an infatuation? Or a possible obsession? Which isn't necesarrily a bad thing, but like her, some feel uncomfortable with it, others thrive on it.

Love hurts for other reasons. The deep seated love you have for your mate, partner, whatever, moves you to compassionate, empathatic pain when you see the other one suffer. For example, the one you love falls ill or is injured. The pain you feel for them, deep in your very core. That is the pain. Nothing you can do about it, nothing to stop it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

Love for me is thinking of the other person, taking care of them, giving them their needs and wants. It's the emotional and physical. It's being swept away, losing your breath. It' s the little looks, little touches, be able to sit for hours comfortably and not say a word. Love is knowing what the other person is thinking or wants without asking. Love is being there through the tough times and the hard times. It's not only the feeling, it's the knowing as well. Knowing the other person recipocates the same in different ways, their own way.

Love is work, it doesn't come easy. The deep unfaltering, unconditional love takes time.
    For me, all of those things wrapped up into one is love.

8. Ambrose Mason Obsidian Gael Registered Senior Member

I personally don't know what love is or is not as I can't say that I've ever been in it.

9. Invs89 Registered Member

One day I was in my 9th grade health class and we were talking about dating. My teacher said that it's not a good idea to talk about religion, politics, etc. on a first date. I and most everyone else agreed with that. Then I commented that if you want to marry someone that has a largely different political alignment than you that could be a problem. My teacher basically said that you can marry someone who doesn't have the same political opinions as you. I've never had a girlfriend but I think that if I were to marry I would want to be able to share and talk about anything with that person. do i have a valid argument here or am I dreaming and need to be woken up?

10. brennus Registered Member

Nobody can force you
    to love, it has to come from
    within ones own heart

11. Algernon Registered Senior Member

For the first time, I think I am in love with the idea of someone, but I'm not sure if not I really need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.