What does love feel like?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cactus Jack, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

FoxMulder,

Zeus is a God from the Greek Mythology...
    It's interesting to note that you believe in UFOs and other mythologies... Christians usually think they are lies...

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Zeus is a God from the Greek Mythology...
    It's interesting to note that you believe in UFOs and other mythologies... Christians usually think they are lies..."

Which is completely hypocritcal of course.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I see no contradiction between Christianity and UFO's...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. aLostSoul Registered Member

HELP!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I love this girl, but she dumped me the other day and now i am so lst and i have no idea what to do with my self, any ideas?

8. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

Lost soul

aw, you poor thing. all's i can suggest, as trite as it may sound to you right now, is that it[the hurt] will pass....time really does heal MOST wounds. if you are meant to be(as cliche as that sounds) with that person, you will be. take care.

9. adj Registered Senior Member

sometimes life sucks, then you fall in love again . . . .

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

She's a writer.

Is it love? I'd rather not lable it that yet...not until the feeling is returned, if it isn't already, or if it ever will be. The mystery unfolds...

11. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

to me, love is one of those things you just know. I usually don't want to admit it. Its like, you want to be around her all the time and no matter what happens you still feel the same way. I knew i was in love when i still felt the same way about her even when she was totally pissed at me, and no matter what she did, i couldn't help but forgive her. That was a bad sittuation, but at least you know for sure at that point. No matter how bad your day has been, or how shitty things are going for you, that first moment when you see her again makes it all go away, and all you can think of is wanting to be near her for as long as possible.

A pet peeve of mind is confusing lust for love. No offense, but it my opinion, this happens mostly with girls. No matter what an asshole the guy is, she stays with him and his good looks make her imagine all these good traits in personality. But i'm sure guys do this too.

Theres someone for everyone. Thats my philophy. I'm one of those people who believes that There is ONE PERSON who is just PERFECT for anyone. Problem seems to be, that you're not always THEIR perfect person.

12. adj Registered Senior Member

perhaps the difficulty lies in being "their" perfect . . . . how about making youself the acttractive object -- oh god, this is not what i'm trying to say; how about tomorrow, maybe i'll be me . . . .

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Being force-fed ten tabs of E then hit repeatedly on the head with a shovel.

Why, indeed, should myths contradict?

14. adj Registered Senior Member

xev; if i regain my ability to reason, i'll try to contact you; salud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

We should all rely on ourselves, instead of someone outside us. For a matter of fact, I'm almost not having any girlfriend(s?) anymore... I rather concentrated on the Love that comes from within... It's much better...

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

aLostSoul,

Concentrate on yourself and find joy from within yourself. If she is still your friend, whatever you do DON'T PUSH HER. I made that mistake and really lost my way... Be happy. If you develop your friendship with her, she may come back...

Love comes from within. If you depend on her as a source of love, it will never work. First find it within you, then, be close to her and be her friend.

17. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"We should all rely on ourselves, instead of someone outside us. For a matter of fact, I'm almost not having any girlfriend(s?) anymore... I rather concentrated on the Love that comes from within... It's much better..."

This from the man who by 18 had had one girlfriend? Dude, unless things changed drastically when you moved back to Brazil (how is that going, by the way), I wouldn't call your position a chosen one, rather one that's been force-fed to you.

And Nelson, have you ever considered writing self-help books? Don't take this offensively as you well know that I think everything you've ever said is just about as close to bullshit as writing can come, but; people eat up the kind of crap you write. That "be one with your surroundings" bullsmack and "love everyone". It's the kind of stuff cults form around.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What do you suggest? That he becomes addicted to her, as the TV shows so well in our society? Is the TV that influences us or it is us that influence the TV? I would guess both. Would you like to be addicted to someone? Go ahead... but when you lose her, don't weep...

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Loving yourself as a substitute for loving another is like masturbating when you could be having great sex.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm not talking about this kind of love. I'm saying that if you are not auto-suficient, then you will always suffer with "love". That's why everyone thinks that love brings suffering, which is not true. What brings suffering is when you depend your happiness on someone else.

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

Suffering is good. The Christian ascesis of suffering in order to avoid suffering has fucked western culture up good.

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Suffering is not good... And Christians don't like suffering...

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Suffering is good, and y'all love suffering. Christianity is really a religion of masochists....which would be fine, except for their insistance on following the golden rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.