What does it take to be "black"?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by James R, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Qorl Guest

Ask Eminem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think that Michael Jackson is white and Mohamed Ali is Mohamed Ali. Don't wont to talk about Slim Shady Eminem that is Black

or Prince that is Prince. If you know what I mean

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. artistmosi Registered Senior Member

I am surprised by the number of ignorant comments I've read on this site. I'm african american, black, whatever.

Look people. No matter how ignorant or naive it sounds, there is only one race. Within the human race, there is an incredible amount of variation and this goes beyond being white our black or even asian. There are people that you will meet, and you will never be able to imagine for a minute that they could've been smart simply based on their behavior, their curiousity, logical reasoning and other traits. THe most intelligent people are the most curious and the ones who have had the freedom and willingness to explore from a young age. Just look at child prodigies like Micheal Kearny. He had an IQ of 325 as a child. He would not have been a child prodigy if his mom was on welfare, his dad left home, and his white teacher thought he was naturally dumb because he was black. However, would he still have had a genius IQ in adult life. It's hard to say, because although the natural characteristics were there the environment was not right. His gift would not have been fully developed.

I suspect asian countries have higher IQ's because they have different customs, their education is more stringent, and their familliies are more tight and pay more attention to the intellectual development of their children. It's a different culture. The black culture in america is different from the white culture. It would be foolish to come to the conclusion that one race is smarter than the other based on IQ test. Case in point: administering an IQ test and comparing results of tribal aboriginees in australia to that of american whites. This is a stupid comparison because the environments in which they live are completely different :bugeye: . You may not believe this, but the environment in which whites and blacks in america are raised are completely different. If you are white, you cannot imagine what it is like to be raised black and vice versa. There is absolutely no similarity and that's why it is not unfair to make an analogy between making the same "IQ comparison" to tribal aboriginees (or, really, any third world nation), who obviously don't get a modern US education. Besides, we are placing way to much importance on IQ. It is only one aspect of a person and only measures the characteristics of intelligence of an individual that are valued in modern western society. Just because you have an IQ doesn't mean you can't have stupid beliefs. Just look at the chess prodigy Bobby Fischer who I read disowned his own mom because she didn't know how to play chess (Fischer thought people who couldn't play chess were inferior). I think having a high IQ increases ones ability to function and make money in our technology and science driven society. High IQ makes our society work and living in the society makes possible the high IQ - i.e., high scores on an IQ test.

What does it take to be black? You've got to have a thick skin because our white society will try to push all of your buttons, especially if you endeavor to enter corporate america. You've got to be above average to be given a shot at anything because everyone is already convinced you're inferior. Just read the crap that I've been reading on the internet about race and IQ. And you've got to be wise and open-minded to put up with comments such as these and still love your fellow human beings...meaning don't overgeneralize anything to the entire race. Lastly, I will say, you've got to remember that every other person of color and many immigrants are like you, and no matter how successful you may become, you must identify with them. You will never be entirely accepted by the dominant race of our society, and even if you are, there will always be a time when you will feel alone. They will see you as different. Your skin color guarantees it, and they would happily use the race card to tower over you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kabir14 Registered Member

Race is not genetic. People usually define races by color and your country of origin i think.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. J.B Banned Banned

If you don't know you had better learn quick, it is against the laws of the United states of America to not know "how distinguish black people from white people".

If you ever own a company that employes 12 or more people it will be important to you, you could lose your company over not knowing "how to distinguish black people from white people".

If you own a apartment building, "you better be able to distinguish black people from white people", you could lose your apartment building.

You could get into a fight with another human, and depending on there skin color you could be locked up in jail for years with whats called a "hate crime" for not knowing "how to distinguish black people from white people".

Our public schools can teach you, the quota system for our governments colleges admissions programs can explain "how to distinguish black people from white people".

If you want to know who's black, hispanic or white just look up the rules of our governments Affirmitive action laws.

I'm guessing by your question you do not know your own skin color or culture, so let me help you.

This is probably the best way to find out what your own skin color or culture is. You should first try to join any of the many Black only, Hispanic only or Asian only groups that are in America, if your not accepted in to any of these groups,

well then your just white.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

So, basically, J.B, you're saying that black and white depend on what people say they are. If the government defines me as black, then I'm black. But a change of law could mean that I become white. Right?

So, the distinction may be operationally important, but it isn't biologically significantly - only socially.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

and jb STILL cannot admit that he has black blood
    there is black in your genes jb, get over it