What do you think of the emo scene?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by DanceAndExplode, May 29, 2007.

1. draqon Banned Banned

emo will lead to kids going suicidal...we need a healthy future with healthy kids. Emo kids dont get enough nutrients and care, and they need to be taught with force at times, the lessons of life.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

What positive aspects does any youth sub-culture have for those not part of it?
    It's a herd instinct thing. They get together with like-minded people, and feel "safe".
    Similar tastes in music. Similar attitude to life (however temporary). Similar clothing. They have somewhere to "belong" while going through the transition to adulthood.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

That's where jocks come in. Yin-Yang.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

oh ahng on i can remember my mum saying somthing along those lines when i was younger, also the cutting and scaring themselves, tehy didnt invent that, and since when has society been healthy, its not all because of the music

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

can you explain that, i know a jock is a football player in high school but what has he got to do with emo kids?

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't expect you to understand.
    In fact, you are a perfect example of the problems of "identifying".

When you identify witha group of people with an ideology, you tie your identity to the ideology.
    At that point your mind is closed to any ideas or notions that oppose teh viewpoint of the group.
    You lose your identity, and trade it in for the group.
    At a certain point, you cease to be an individual at all - you become an aplogist, more willing to lie and support lies than recognize truth and reality that stands in opposition of your group's identity.
    Anything that contraidcts the group, must be a liar/evil/mistaken/misled - there is no such thing as questioning the group anymore, and they don't even have to force you to comply.
    The core of most religions, political parties and social group are pretty much the same.
    Truth is what the group says it is - you don't question.
    When something, such as a news story, comes up that supports the groups line (and/or attack the "enemy" of the group), you immediately tout it as truth, a conviction of the "enemy", post it on forums and email to friends and neighbors without taking half a second to look at the source or question the facts.

Since you have stopped being an individual and you have thus lost your own humanity, you no longer see others as individuals, rather as extensions of whatever group you think they most fit in.
    Damned Democrat/Republican/Christian/Heathen/etc!
    Us vs Them at its most repugnant and malevolent.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yin-yang. Opposites.
    Emo kids on one side, jocks on the other.

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

ok i see now!!

12. BoSmoke Mr Ganja Lover Registered Senior Member

Jocks are real men, like we should all be. They know how to enjoy life!

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

hahahahahahahahaha

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

emo's they scare me i mean if they are gona kill them selvs would they take me with them!!!

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no they wouldnt, and i wish people would stop thinking "ewww emo's when are they going to kill themselves"

16. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

but i when i talk to them all they say to me is yea i cut myself eg a certian kid at my school and if they dont want that image of them selvs then that kind of gives of a bad image wouldent you say?

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

not to me, because they are just kids, emo's did not invent the cutting themselves shit they do, when i was young we had somthing called chicken scrathes, which was done with glass, and i grew out of it.

18. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

i think it is mainly to do is cuase of what they were it is considerd scary

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

a real emo will say, i cut myself so that i can forget about the other hassles in my life even if it just for 10 mins, the bleeding they do is a realise. and i dont think they are scary i think they are expiermenting

20. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

i just think they need help i mean if they cut them selvs becuase there life is that bad then they should see a counsler or a shrink.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and have these kids analized by people who will judge them just be what tehy are wearing, thats not fair, didnt you expierment with anything when you were young?

22. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

i am young but i wont cut my self and by the things emo isent somthing they enjoy

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

so are you expiermenting with anything right now, smoking, sex, anything at all?