What do you think is the opposite of fear?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by jandt, Dec 10, 2002.

1. keith1 Guest

Good, then let me tell you that fear is standing on a 2" beam 100 feet off the ground. Your knee is shaking.
    Knowledge is that memory which compels you to remind yourself not to go near a situation which puts you on a 2" beam 100 feet off the ground.

Unless you don't fear that situation, which then it is probably not your concern.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

Knowing to avoid getting into such a situation certainly doesn't directly deal with the fear or oppose it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. keith1 Guest

You're certain?
    Does not a fear go away when a fear goes away? Does not a fear go away with a certain known knowledge of making that fear go away.
    I have knowledge of making a computer program (or knowledge of downloading a computer program to my desktop) that virtually imitates a 2" beam walkway 100 feet off the ground. By practicing away from the "real fear", one could lose the fear of the real situation causing the fear. This is only one example.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Ok. I have faith it gives me wings, but I will stay grounded until time has come and I will be the one staring fear down even though I dont even belong here... one day I will fly away and everything I have kept back will consume the world. - Faith.

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

BTW my wings are made of flesh and bones, and no I am not affraid of the sun, and I am not stupid enough to fly into it... or is it smart enough to get out of my way?

9. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

For those of you that have watched the latest version of Conan The Barbarian, you know what having no fear looks like. Anyway I'd have to go with extreme confidence as being the opposite of fear.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

You have to have knowledge of a spider to fear a spider... Knowledge breeds fear, not faith. Original sin, people.

11. keith1 Guest

Sounds like a social impediment. Read that back to me again?

12. keith1 Guest

Your misunderstanding is a warped form of knowledge I fear to practice. I know it with confidence to be unproductive and debilitating. To the center of my bones I believe that to be so. I'm happy to sociably relay that to you.

13. keith1 Guest

Ahh, hypnosis is the opposite of fear!

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Keith, what do you mean?

15. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Courage, bravado, bravery, spunk, initiative, daring, guts, moxy, balls/nuts/cajones, etc.

16. Hertz Hz Registered Senior Member

Trust is when you DO NOT KNOW the result of something.