What do you like about Islam?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by joepistole, Mar 11, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're still eating what he called his body and drinking what he called his blood. Although, I thought Jews had a prohibition on drinking blood, so its all very contradictory.

Well it gets difficult chewing on Jesus and drinking his blood all the time. The guy starts shivering when we approach him. You know how I hate cold food.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fantasus Registered Senior Member

In a way perhaps one aspect of Islam is admirable. as far as I can see Islam claim to be the perfect faith and ultimate truth. that leave us with two options, true or false - either the word should accept or reject islam and there should not be any compromises! That is an admirable simple choice and from my point of view (so far) it is a very loud and clear:No!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Islam is killing each other, in the Name of Mohammad, and Allah, that is their Communion, only they use real Flesh and Blood.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh alright!

/goes back to chewing on shivering Jesus

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

What you like about Islam has turned into a what you hate about Islam thread. Not like it was unexpected.

What do I like about Islam?

MONOTHEISM: It is the only religion with absolute monotheism with one God, who has power over all things and is not limited by human perceptions. Muslims believe that man is not made in God's image because God is beyond perfection and humans, being far from it, they cannot look like God. God's form is not known to us. God has knowledge of all things past, present, future, and exists outside of time. This means that all time is the same to Him, and He knows everything at once. God also exists outside of space, time and space are His creations.

PROPHET: Islam is unique in that it is the only religion where it's founders actions and deeds are written and passed down in their pristine form in the hadith. Therefore, using hadith, it is as if the Prophet Muhammad (peace be to him) is with us today. The Prophet inspires intense love and reverence to Muslims, because he is the model human being, the closest to perfection among all creation, and the founder of the Islamic civilization. There is a story in Tirmidhi which illustrates his greatness. Every morning the Prophet used to leave the morning prayer from the mosque and no one knew where he went, until one day Hazrat Umar, second Khalifah of Islam, followed him. He saw him go into a cave and emerge outside after a while. So we went inside the cave as well and found an old blind lady there. He asked her what does this man do who comes here everyday. She responses that there is a man and he comes everyday to help clean up my house, as I am blind and old, and cannot clean it myself. So he asks her whether she knows who this man is, and she says he has never told me his name. Hazrat Umar tells her that it is the prophet Muhammad (peace be to him) and she became Muslim immediately. This story shows why Muslims love the prophet so much.

RIGHTS: Islam as a religion promotes rights for every individual, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. Islam's ideal of equality, between men and women gives both the right to work, keep from their money what they earn (except for husbands who are expected to spend on their family), divorce, and gives both the right to political and military positions. Women featured as warriors in several eras of Islamic history, this is even exemplifies in the hadith. Hazrat Aisha commanded several wars by herself. Islam furthermore preaches absolute equality between different races. The Prophet (peace be to him) stated in his last sermon, "All men are brothers of each other. Arab is not superior to a Non-Arab, Non-Arab are not superior to an Arab, White is not superior to Black, Black is not superior to White, except through the piety of each individual." Thus men should be judged by the contents of their character and not by the color of their skin was exemplified by the Prophet (peace be to him). As a matter of fact, racism was so displeasing to the Prophet that he would not look in the faces of known racists, this was exemplified when someone made a racist statement to Hazrat Bilal, and he turned away from that person.

Furthermore, Islam is the one religion which attaches great emphasis of personal integrity. The Quran commands Muslims that if they are invaded by a foreign power, to resist the suppression of their freedom using the own selves as soldiers and using their wealth. The European colonialists, when the occupied the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia, viewed Islam as an obstacle to controlling the populace because it is inspired such great resistance against foreign occupation. This has been a perpetual thorn in the side of the European and Western powers for millenia. With such great resistance fighters such as the Sahabah, Salahuddin Ayyubi, Sultan Baybars, Sultan Muhammad e Fateh, Shah Wali ullah, Sheikh Omar Mukhtar, Haider Ali, Tipu Sultan, Maulana Barelvi, and Bahadur Shah Zafar, we see that it is exceedingly difficult to pacify this part of Islamic religion and history. Western governments and their puppets have always promoted Western values and secularism to pacify their Muslim subjects, but as shown in the 40s, then the 70s, and now in the present, when Muslim civilization is suppressed, it has a tendency to promote resurgence among the populace.

Thus, Islam is respected because it is a strong and independent religion, which gives the rights of the oppressed to struggle against an oppressor, and even condemns those who do not do so.

This is why I like Islam.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

10. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Sultan Aurangzeb's daughter Zeb-un-Nisa was also an accomplished Islamic scholar and philosopher. Her father divested a lot of time into providing her with the best books and greatest scholars available during that time. There is a long history of Islamic knowledge among Muslim women scholars. Imam Abu Hanifah's daughter, who he takes his name after by the way, was also a very intelligent woman who often helped her father in his quest for knowledge. Hazrat Aisha, the Prophet's wife, was a notable transmitter of hadith as well. There are numerous other examples.

The tafsir you presented should be judged by the content contained within it, not necessarily by the fact that it is a women who has written it. It is the ideas and supported evidence contained within which should be studied to determine if it is acceptable. I wonder if this tafsir is available somewhere. I would liek to read just a small portion to get an idea of her take on the Quran.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So taking the law into your own hands, without regard to the rule of law and due process, is ....respected????

All any Muslim has to do is claim that he's being "opressed", and he can kill anyone he wants to kill? ...and Islam respects that?????

Baron Max

13. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Well as far as the first monotheistic part.

Actually Judaism predates that by.... a lot.
    so what, i mean i don't think there's anything wrong with polytheistic religions, i think everyone's entitled tot heir opinions.

But if you believed this too, why bother mentioning it?

P.S. Which Quran is this? #5 or #27?

Theres a translation that actually states to kill and rape all foreigners and non believers because they are demon infidels. There are infinite combinations of the Quran so you really can't make the generalization for the entirety of the Islamic religion.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You really do not want to compare translations my boy. I've been catching up on the Rabbis commentaries myself. Suffice to say, we can read the Quran in Arabic, it needs no other translation.

And I think DH is referring to the red heifer business. Or is it the golden calf? What is that about?

15. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

DiamondHearts, maybe it's because some jackass made a thread called "What do you like about Jewish?" And he did actually word it that way, his grammer and spelling sucked btw.

But it was a trolling thread. He basically insulted Judiasm and made up false passages that Jews were cannibals, cheap, suicidal, war mongerers. etc.

Lemme tell you, it pissed the shit outta me ("pissed the shit outta me" lolz

)

He basically made up all this BS

And this really does sound like pretty much a repeat.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

It doesnt matter what language.
    Here is purely a metaphor. Imagine if the bible were written in english from the start, the original was not written with any dots over the i's or crosses over the t's.

So a letter could be an l, i, or t. That is the equivalent of what happened to the Quran. Except in arabic.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well you can get mad or you can get even.

I find the best way to get mad is to get even. I try and tell them something about Islam which is not found in the general MMS. That helps me to look for stuff about Islam and entertains and educates other people.

I'm sure, grudgingly or not, sciforums has learned a lot about Islam and Muslims.

Jews and Judaism are also a mystery to many westerners [and ignorant easterners like me]. Which is surprising, because I have started reading their POV ever since I got embroiled in the Israel-Palestine politics and I find them to be a very interesting people indeed. Much like Indians, they are argumentative and loud, express politically incorrect points of view and speak their mind. I have become quite addicted to some Jewish sites where they express themselves in their inimitable way.

But Jews on sciforums seem hesitant and not so forthcoming. The only one who is open is Tyler. Everyone else just comes in and remains as low key and non-Jewish as possible. Which is a pity. As an Indian, I am used to people wearing their religion and culture on their sleeve.

Perhaps you could expand on some uniquely Jewish viewpoints?

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Except Arabic is still written without zer zabar, the pronounciations are only required for non-Arabic speakers.Since the Quran is read mostly by non-native Arab speakers, it helps to have the marks. .

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Islam is the religion of Adam, so it is the first. Islam would exist without humans also, because it is the law of the universe. The early Jews were also Muslims, but they left the religion when they rejected the Messiah Jesus (peace be upon him).

The Jews today believe that God made mankind in His image, God forgive us. This is a heinous charge, which is incorrect, thus they tarnish the image of God from Muslim view. Also, in Islam, there are no chosen race of human beings. God can be accepted be all people equally, there is no reason for following limited Noahide law, all Muslims have full access to the religion, regardless of race.

According to the religion of Abraham, idolatry is shirk [association of objects in worship with God], which is a major sin. Like our father Abraham (peace be to him), we have a strong disdain for idolatry. By rejecting the worship of idols, we prove in the eyes of our patriarch our love and devotion to him, and more importantly our worship of God is without error.

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions as well, thus I am merely stated my belief. This is a personal question which I answered the way I know best. Why does my answer bother you?

There is only one Quran. Unlike the Bible, the Quran has been kept pristine and original in its form since it was revealed to the prophet Muhammad (peace be to him). All the Qurans are the same text, with a minor variation only in the script used, i.e. this is similar to English standard and English cursive. The harakat (vowel marks) have all been added to give the same pronunciation of the Quraish dialect from whence it originated in the Hijaz region of Arabia.

I would like you to find this verse and provide it to me. I have both memorized portions of the Quran and read the Quran, from cover to cover, several times, studying each verse. I have never come across such a verse. It contradicts the message of the Quran, because the Quran states that rape and murder are both crimes worthy of the death penalty.

Whoever told you this is lying and they have deceived you, may God guide you to the correct knowledge.

What does this prove exactly? Arabs do not require harakat to read their language. The harakat were added to assist those Muslims who were not Arabic speakers to help them pronounce the Quran properly. Unless you have proper knowledge of the Quran and have read the Quran in its original Arabic (and studied that Arabic), you cannot make these rash generalizations. The Quranic Arabic is in such a form that if it it were changed, as you state, it would be unintelligible to the reader.

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

It's kind of depressing when stereotypes turn out to be true, but I think you make a dead on point. The truth is that the Jewish culture - at least those from North America and Israel - seems to breed this sort of personality.
    Thanks Sam, I'm glad we have an open channel, too! Though I think I've seen some rather forceful Israel defenders on sciforums, I can't say if any of them were jews.
    As do all goyim to Judaism. It is true that the OT singles out jews as the chosen people, but it makes no claim that only this ethnic group may be jewish. If one converts into judaism, it is morally wrong to then suggest they are in anyway lesser than the born-jews.

I like Islamic culture's hundreds of years of saving our greatest philosophy and making massive inroads into logic, metaphysics, etc.

I actually like Islam's all-encompassingness. I'm an atheist, but if there were a god who directly interfered in man's history with only one correct path to follow (as many religions propose), I expect that god to give me a pretty good guideline of how to avoid hellfire. Anything else would be cruel.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not that I am an expert, but this is false. Jews have no such conception of God.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"Quran 24.33: Force not your slave-girls to whoredom that ye may seek enjoyment of the life of the world, if they would preserve their chastity. And if one force them, then (unto them), after their compulsion, lo! Allah will be Forgiving, Merciful."

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

:roflmao:
    :roflmao: