Absolutely Nothing: Atheists on What They Know About What They Pretend to Discuss

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Tiassa, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It all depends on your definition of God. I doubt your God has anything to do with any Scriptural God?....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

My equivalence to a sentient motivated God are impersonal Mathematical interactive behaviors of relative values.

There is no distinction in the creative results, only in the assignment of causality. I like the simplicity of measurable relative values and observable (testable) mathematical functions.
    No miracles necessary.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Are you referring to the Discovery Institute? Kent Hovind?

Any discrepancies that have been referred to regarding evolution have either been refuted or the discrepancies have been false, flawed or just straight forward denials based on ignorance. Many of those discrepancies claimed don't even actually attack the postulates of evolution. And, unless you can put up a valid discrepancy that shows a postulate wrong, then you're just making up your claim.

And no, there are not "many scientists", there is only a very tiny minority, of which many of those deny it because of their religious affiliations. In fact, there are far more religious scientists that accept the theory as opposed to those who reject it.

Write4U likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Surely, you must know that evolution starts getting taught at the grade 5 level, most students understand it before they graduate high school. I even provided a video for you of a grade 5 student explaining evolution just so you could see that even kids understand it to some degree. Based on what you've said about it so far, those kids understand it better than you.

So, your lame excuses fall on deaf ears.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Then, you should go here, Jan https://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit.html

Natural History Museum at South Kensington

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You underestimate the persistence of theism advocates.

This was the very excuse for the Kitzmiller v Dover trial, which was a protest against the very sophisticated attempt to introduce Intelligent Design into grade schools.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

That kid is brainwashed.
    My daughter tells me the teach it like it’s a fact.
    Poor kids.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, what do you tell your daughter? That, the school is teaching lies and brainwashing her?

Poor daughter. I feel sorry for her. Hopefully, she will grow up and learn what you failed to learn.

For the record, no one said that kid accepted or rejected the theory of evolution, he just understands the theory far better than you. If that were me, I'd be quite humiliated.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, you saw the evidence right in front of you, yet you still reject it as evidence? Wow, just wow. Words escape me.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

This idea (darwinism) is becoming predominantly more popular amongst the African American population. Whereas the AA’s were predominantly Christian. The younger generations are taking to this idea.
    They are happy to accept that they are the original people, and all other races come from them. Thus they are superior to other races.
    I hear this affirmation more and more.
    They believe the Caucasian race is dying out because their genetic stock is inferior.

So while you have your intellectuals elegantly describing the wondrousness, of this idea.
    There are people are going to act upon it.
    Some may say social Darwinism is already in affect.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Stunning racism and bigotry on our part, Jan. Does the Bible teach you that?

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes.
    Because it is not a fact.
    That’s actually quite disrespectful, as you don’t know my daughter.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

She has no choices but to learn it.
    And they teach it as though it is the case.
    I think that’s disgusting.
    He’s brainwashed.
    Unless he’s some kind of genius, and loves it. Or just loves it in general. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s his/her choice.
    That being said, go for it.
    But if has been made to learn it, then I feel sorry for him.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How did I know you was going to go there?
    Explain the racism within what I said.
    Plus why bring the bible into it?

18. gmilam Valued Senior Member

The blatant ignorance of this post is astounding. You are obviously clueless as to what the theory of evolution says.

Write4U likes this.
  19. foghorn Valued Senior Member

deleted

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Was Adam white or black?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It doesn't matter in the least if I know your daughter or not, the problem is going to come back and bite you in the ass. Many children in her situation where their parents are creationists will grow up and not become creationists with the realization their parents were lying to them the whole time, thus they resent them for that and often part on very unhappy terms, usually losing contact with them. Megan Phelps-Roper is famous for that, she was a daughter in the Westboro Church who finally came to terms with the lies being told to her and is now a proponent and activist for those who are also looking to break away from their faiths. The children suffer and the parents suffer as a result.

Is that what you want?

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

It’s not what I think it says that matters.
    If I think I am of superior genetic stock, to you.
    It’s quite possible I may act upon it. It’s also quite possible I may not.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You made the claim without and evidence, yet again. As far as I can tell, this is your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.