What do cookies do while I am sleeping?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Syzygys, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

they get eaten by santa!..unless you bad....or you hate jesus, you know who you are!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just log off the computer when you're done.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

exposing computer to magnetic fields also helps in erasing data.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

That doesn't help, because if the cookies can report overnight they can also report during the day, so I would rather get ride of ANY unwanted cookie....

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

As stated by Kunax and myself, the Cookies don't do anything they are just plain text storage space. It's just what is stored in them and what skript kiddies, hackers and spyware merchants (Adware etc) attempt to learn from your activities by either using Trojans/Spyware or actual scripting 'Attacks' on websites.

Hard-drive activity is usually just down to maintenances programs that run either to update things or optimise. If you are online and use a share program then you'll be sharing access to files and people will be accessing them.

There is one other point if you use Sleep, Hibernate or run your computer for a long time. Occasionally it's a good idea to have a proper 'Reboot' as this will attempt to flush cache's and check the registry etc, otherwise slowly buffer overflows might occur that cause the machine to slow down if not completely crash applications. (of course this applies to systems with heavy GUI OS's)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.