what did humans...

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by laladopi, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I think this was a metaphor.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Maybe, but why use all biological stuff for metaphor?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, there you go

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yea.. your post there (the one about the big bang) was just a little bit absurd, don't you think ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

8. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

no, it wouldn't
    for that statement would only condense what I am getting at.
    from complete beginning to present.

9. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

why not, the tree's grown and silhouette is the appropriate manner I'm using it for, no biological purposes.

10. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Yes, but before that, and before that eventually meeting up with the big bang.

11. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Could you have used planets, stars and galaxies?

12. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

to an extent, The tree is just a good and understandable basis.

13. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately there is no evidence of a "beginning". A reference point has to be taken and the "Big Bang" is probably the most difficult one to choose from especially when asking questions about biological evolution on Earth.

14. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Not even necessarily on earths biology but abroad, But seeing how difficult it must be to begin to understand the "big bang" in full, my question must be unanswerable.

15. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

You don't need to understand the Big Bang to get fairly deep understanding of biology.

16. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

true to a certain extent exactly, but true "fairly" deep in deed but not deep enough for me to conclude such things.

17. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

for anyone in that matter.

18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

The Big Bang is irrelevant to evolutionary theory. If we discovered tomorrow an alternative and better explanation for the CMBR and all the other pieces of evidence on which the Big Bang theory is based it would have zero effect upon our understanding of biological evolution.

19. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I don't agree, correct me if I'm wrong but what has come upon earth from 4.5 billion years ago till now, that was not in affect before it's beginning? Is what you are saying that radiation shooting throughout space is liable for not being able to contribute to what we are today, then they must not be a connect, but how is that possible? I take your words for thought and do not disclose them but I am interested in how the big bang can not be traced into the energy and matter here on earth now.

20. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

It is certainly true that the beginning of the universe had an impact on everything that came after it, but that does not mean that useful lines cannot be drawn. I mean, suppose your best friend calls you up, crying. If you asked "What happened?" Would it be useful for them to begin with the Big Bang and work forward? Whatever caused them to cry, the Big bang certainly influenced that too, so if you really want to know what happened... And if you really want to know the biography of any person, or why how WWI started or what tomorrow's lottery numbers will be, the story could always start at the big bang.

The truth is though if we changed our understanding of the Big Bang, it is a given that we would only change it in ways that allow for the current world to exist. If we embraced a theory that made current existence impossible, we'd be embreacing a theory that would seem nonsensical. In effect, we do not look at the Big Bang and then work forward, we start with current, directly observable facts and work back.

21. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Well said. The theory that made current existence impossible would not only seem nonsensical, it would be a wrong theory.

22. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

You are talking about something particularly specific, difference is that our present biological state is much like most, I am curious to the contraction to the beginning. about my friend crying that is happening now it is not derived from the past but of the present. its filled with no knowledge that is needed.

So my inquiries here cannot be answers.
    no body knows.

23. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I'm not even sure what your inquiries are...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.