what defines marriage?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori_7, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you don't believe in the following things?

greed
    lust
    vanity
    envy
    pride
    gluttony
    wrath

and you don't see these things as an inevitable aspect of humanity as we know it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So sorry, Lori, but I have received a PM from JamesR who stated quite emphatically that I am no longer allowed to engage you. I have been censored by the admins here. In other words, I am being forced, as usual, to respect your beliefs. You are quite free to threaten and hate me with your religious beliefs and I can say absolutely nothing about it.

Of course, I have not broken any of the forum rules, I have attacked your ideology, but that just isn't acceptable here either. We now wonder what guidelines the admins are following if you can no longer attack ideas? We can clearly see one of our Muslim friends here attacks people all the time, calling them names in almost every post, breaking one rule after another, yet he is free to continue to do so. Curious that...

Tiassa also attacks me personally and gets away with it. I get warnings when I respond in kind to him.

Bells gave me warning for posting that 911 picture stating that I was flaming someone. Who I was flaming was never made clear. Obviously, it was a thinly veiled excuse for justifying an emotional outburst on her part.

I do understand that JamesR and the rest of the mods can say and do whatever they want, and they will, that is their prerogative. They have been given the uberpower over us all. How they use it is clearly another story though.

Happy trails, Lori. Once again, the religious mindset dominates at Sciforums, in its membership and its administration. Very sad, indeed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

if i didn't know you any better, i might buy this...

until i got to this part...

then i would know it was drama.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

@Lori.

Another waster opportunity to back up your claims with scripture. I take it as I keep asking, and you keep failing to supply to it, you can't and therefore resign the debate and admit you're just making stuff up.

Have fun in Hell.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

I don't believe they are sins, no. Pride isn't a sin, if it's deserved. Lust can be fun. Envy can motivate. Wrath can motivate. Nothing wrong with vanity, fuck, I exfoliate and moisturise. I indulge in a little gluttony every now and again, but then so do most xtians, with their Xmas dinner, ain't that the irony?

Fucking hell, you DO get it. Yes, they are what make us human. I am human. I want to act like a human. I don't want to deny myself simple pleasures, if they harm nobody.

The concept of sin is utter bullshit. It's about controlling the masses, with the notion of a reward you'll never live to receive.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

OK Q. I hope you are shitting us here, because this is a forum, where things are discussed, and this is the religion section, so James is way the fuck out of line if he has said that to you.

Of course, this is the religion section of a Science forum allegedly, so James should be telling Lori to substantiate her bullshit, rather then silencing those that expose it.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm imagining you in a robe, with your hair wrapped up in a towel, and a beauty mask on your face, and it's making me smile.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

so ok, you believe these things exist, and they are an inherent part of humanity. you just don't call them "sin". there is a difference between acknowledging that these things exist, and deciding what to call them, and whether they're good or bad. right?

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Of course, yet he starts threads with articles of Islamic abuse adding no comments himself. What would be the point of that if not to cause conflict with Muslims? Hypocrisy abounds.

Oh no, we are to respect Lori and her beliefs. We are not allowed to attack those beliefs for fear of reprisal. Sorry Phlo, but the religious rule us and we must abide by their rules, whatever those rules are is beyond you and me to understand.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Q, i question, challenge, and disagree with the beliefs of many who share my own religion on this forum all the time, and i'm not censored. that's because there's a way to do that without "attacking". and most of the time, you're not attacking the belief, you're attacking the person who believes it.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sorry Lori, but if I were to respond to your post pointing out that I attack your belief system and not you personally, and that believers are unable to separate themselves from their beliefs as if the beliefs were their arms and legs, I would probably get banned.

14. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

sad thing is you should not need to be forced.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Do they have to be good or bad? Can't they just be expressions of humanity?

I'm still waiting waiting for the scriptural references that support your claims about marriage btw. Don't try to distract me.

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

everyone believes things Q, even you. and i think that "arms and legs" are actually really good analogies for beliefs. beliefs definitely drive people...direct their path. and can enable them, or disable them.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no they don't. not if you don't believe in good or bad they don't.

and i'm still waiting for yours.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ithink things can be good or bad, I just don't count those things amongst them

Oh come on, scriptural references have been provided already.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

why?

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

seems to me like you just placed conditions on these things that made them good in your opinion. or, you were saying that they could be good or bad, not neither.

and i've already told you plenty of times, there is no scripture that either requires, or even addresses a ceremony.

22. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I see no reason to respect beliefs. Beliefs don't have feelings, and deserve no more respect than is fitting the quality of their foundation.

People on the other hand....

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

I proved that absence of an event being described in the bible doesn't mean it didn't happen. How many times must we go over this.

Also you added the caveat 'in the Bible', but scriptural references have been shown to you that PROVE that other sources of God's word remain authoritative, so if they mention ceremony, it's still binding.

As Jewish marriage ceremonies are well documented, and documents exist dating 600 years before Jesus, we can assume they are part of the Law Jesus said he had come to fulfil.