What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Maximum7, Feb 9, 2019.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Maximum7 Registered Member

My idea was perfect. I got it from Mythic Scribes. Intermetallic energy alloy plating. Then I found something like that existed on Wookieepedia. I’m so pissed!!!! Why can’t I find an idea that works and hasn’t been done already?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Looking for alien life eons ago.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Maximum7 Registered Member

Okay someone on Reddit informed me that a supermassive black hole could never do what I want it to do. I’ve decided to scrap the whole story.

8. Maximum7 Registered Member

I decided to go with a quark star. It’s better than a black hole because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next. Any ideas?

9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

quark pulse drive(like a temporal jump drive but runs on quarks & doesn't defy local time-space laws)
    fits with the story line ... ?

10. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

How about Hush-a-Boom?

11. Maximum7 Registered Member

My Star Wars story will now involve a scientist who is studying the ancient servers of the Holonet. As he learns about its beginnings, he thinks of ways he can make the Holonet better for everyone. What improvements can he make to the Holonet?

12. Maximum7 Registered Member

I’m going about this all wrong when it comes to asking what idea I want. I’m looking for a science thing that my scientist could study. On Steven Jackson games forum, someone suggested the migration patterns of Purgills. It would have been perfect except for the fact that it might lead someone to Ezra and Thrawn. That story will be told in the future. I want something unique but also a science that my scientist can study as his main work. Not an invention.

13. Maximum7 Registered Member

Someone on writingforums.org knocked some sense into me. The Star Wars galaxy has had 1,000’s of years to develop stuff so all science left to do is theoretical or observational. I’m going to have him study asteroids. Thanks for putting up with me.

14. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Or you could have him fix the problems with Ringworld.

15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

he can start by making himself a female
    pretense androgyny wrapped in patriarchal dogma...
    making a declaration of scientific position then asking for all the creative subjects to be given to you makes you a cheat.

unless your about 12 years old.
    in which case it makes you a child.

collage hot-topic plastering linguistics does not a scientist make.

artistically your asking for everyone else to do the hard work for you after making a childish declaration of the subject topic as if your now in control and making stuff happen.

you sound more like a cheat than an artist.

children must copy others to learn to create.
    this is normal.

are you teaching children to be hedonistic cheaters or creative free thinkers ?

16. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Wow. Seeking advice and inspiration are bad ideas?

17. Maximum7 Registered Member

Take your Abilify

18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

search the page for the words "thank you" "thankyou" "thanks"

... queue clearly ungrateful cherry picking as a position of self affirmation.
    that is not seeking muse or artistic inspiration
    that is seeking to claim others ideas as your own while avoiding being able to converse as a process of exchange and interaction.

hopefully i am wrong
    the evidence clearly does not support me being wrong so far.

looks like a cut n paste merchant rather than an actual writer.
    Dave made a fantastic post with really great sound advice.
    not a word of thanks for it by max.

after watching various talks by some of the most well renowned creatives they dont seem like the cut n paste type.
    they are all extremely articulate and mostly quite socially lucid.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  19. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you think the air of
    your ideas wont be good enough so im not going to use them but give them to me anyway
    and
    sorry for all the trouble please don't make a big thing about you giving me your ideas...
    is not soo obvious ?

lol

20. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Okay, so he doesn't post in an approved fashion. Got it.

21. Maximum7 Registered Member

Okay. I don’t think English is your first language but anyways I always thank people for their help, thank you very much.

22. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

liar

23. Maximum7 Registered Member

I’m NOT a liar

I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.