What are your thoughts on internet bullying?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you. I think you are correct.
    I have found myself wondering should I take him of ignore and give him another chance ...back and forth.
    I wonder over and over what his problem was with me, why when I was friendly he attacked.

Your advice is sound and I intend to take it.
    I was going to stop coming here because even with him on ignore I can tell he is in another thread by the distractions another member seems to be dealing with.
    So your op and this thread generally has caused me to think deeply about bullies in general and in particular about what makes them so hateful.
    I can not answer why and that is the confusing part for me at least.
    He always said I was someone I was not when that is what he seems to be.
    I mean you can see my photo, you know my past life my hobbies my views on religion. I even give my name.
    Anyways moving on have a great day and thank you for the enjoyable conversation.
    Alex

wegs likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

And may I take this opportunity to thank all the members who have been so very supportive.
    I really appreciate the kindness very much.
    Thank you.
    Alex

cluelusshusbund and wegs like this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

For what it may be worth, you seem like a very thoughtful and kind person. Of course, we are all one dimensional on a website such as this, but as far as your posts go, they seem to be genuine. Not saying The God is a ''bully,'' but you might perceive him to be because of your personal dealings with him, here. I'm glad this thread turned out to be helpful, as it helped me, too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I just read an interesting word Captain Stumpy used...
    Transference.
    Explains everything for me.
    I am open, disclose my education etc he guy on ignore is not open etc etc etc but transfers his problems to me.
    Anyways that one word clears my head.
    Alex

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

''Projecting'' is another common term to describe those who claim that others are exhibiting negative behaviors that they themselves are demonstrating.

paddoboy likes this.
  9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you.
    Alex

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you.
    I really appreciate your kindness.
    Alex

wegs likes this.
  11. The God Valued Senior Member

Thats actually fixation.
    If you had worked so hard in your schooling days, you would have been in a position to understand the difference between popo and real science much better.

My opinion about Xelasnave is confirmed and stands. About you, I have no negativity because you are not phoney, you are a simple die hard fan of mainstream, formal education apart.

12. The God Valued Senior Member

You can and you should ignore a person who falsely pesters.

But if a person exposes your falsehood, and then after stupid defence you ignore him, then thats not ignoring, you will always Cross check if he has stated further truth about you.

That's Xelasnave's problem. Ignoring is just posturing.

13. The God Valued Senior Member

If you are science oriented objective person, then its no harm to graze through this thread..

http://sciforums.com/threads/are-all-dissenting-voices-cranky.156691/

As an impartial observer, you will see how this thread was challenged and derailed. My contribution is that I made a scathing remark on Xelasnave, which I withdrew even before he read, realising that it can have some unintended meaning, but trolls took over after that.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No actual fact re your own incessant whinging, whining, and trying to grab a mod's attention re your plight.
    Please note, I only linked to those whinging threads, not to any of your other fairy tale, pop science, peppered with self gratutious remarks, and other nonsense, that also mostly ended up in the fringes.
    Those facts speak for themselves.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

44 pages?? Something tells me that by the end of the thread, I will forget what the original topic is. lol

But, I did skim through, and it could border bullying, but it is more on the harassing side, meaning...it falls into the category of not relenting with an escalation of name calling, at times. My opinion only, but when it comes to intellectual debate of any kind, people should refrain from ad homs and such. It devalues the debate, and diminishes the value of what you're trying to say. You are a good writer, and honestly, you don't need all of that bravado.

And no, not ''all'' dissenting voices are ''cranky.''

16. The God Valued Senior Member

See, Paddoboy, just yesterday one of your threads went to Cesspool, and few days ago one another. Honestly you cannot be blamed for that. Its courtesy crapping by other(s). Couple of my threads too went to fringes, does not matter to me, but mainly because of crapping by others.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

As I have told you before, your definition of "pop science" is actually anything that shows your own fabricated views on the cosmos as pseudoscience: The type of pseudoscience that the "Are you a Quack" thread was on about, and that has now been rightly closed and cesspooled due to another with similar unscientific views, derailing that thread.

But let me ask you another question that I asked you in the past, but as per many questions put to you, you ignored......
    You have said many times that curved spacetime is ridiculous, How can it curve?, that BH's are ridiculous and other accepted aspects of GR are crazy and counter intuitive ...presumably because you cannot put your finger on any of these and grasp them, like you grasp a bit of fruit, or see them directly, or simply find it hard to understand......But yet by your own admittance, you believe in an all powerful, omnipotent, invisible, infinite deity.
    Can you explain the contradiction please?

In case you as usual ignore that question.........
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
    Cognitive dissonance:

"In psychology, cognitive dissonance is themental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time; performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas, or values; or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.
    Leon Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance focuses on how humans strive for internal consistency. An individual who experiences inconsistency (dissonance) tends to become psychologically uncomfortable, and is motivated to try to reduce this dissonance—as well as actively avoid situations and information likely to increase it."

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The majority of your threads though are shifted simply because they are pseudoscientific nonsense at worst, or alternative hypotheticals at best....all of your own making

19. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

So that's why religiosity should be in the DSM. (Per your previous response here.)

Deluding oneself into the need for a greater power obviates the need to reason and function rationally.

God bless the poor idiots, 'cause the rest of us know better?

paddoboy and Xelasnave.1947 like this.
  20. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy,

It does not require great intelligence to have a feel for others intelligence. You know very well by now that I am not some kind of average dud character. So not only I understand what the mainstream is, I have some opinion on what it should be. This " what should be" troubles you.

Yes in reality in nature, there is no curved space, no stretching of photons, no black holes as envisaged, no time travels, no worm holes......but it does not mean that I have no grasp of what these things are and what is the theory behind them. I can make such claim and I question them because I understand them fully well unlike you.

21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Interesting I am using my tablet as oppossed to my phone.
    On this it shows nothing other than his post but a note that I am ignoring content yet on the phone nothing at all.
    All hints he is still there on the phone but no record it is he who posts.
    I just received a "like" in the why are cranks so cranky or angry, whatever, thread which took me there and I could see my side of the "discussion"... I am reminded but not tempted to argue... I was reminded in that thread of the" nick" character who said, on another forum, that I was the "anti christ", that I was corrupting folk here and he would get me. I think nick has been identified as "spellbound" and that "the god" and he share a common hatred of me.
    As you said Paddoboy the facts speak for themselves.
    I do get sidetracked when I come here by the religion section and free thoughts but for the record I come to read the news you bring us in science, and plasma infernos also.
    But I take this opportunity to thank you, and plasma inferno, for all the science you take the time to source and post.
    I am sorry I can't contribute but you would understand there is nothing much a layman can add to or contradict with a paper written by a professional.
    There are those who will but in the time I have been here few who critisize have neither the education nor understanding of the subject matter to offer anything other than sour grapes.
    I still doubt if these folk even have taken the time to read up on or understand the scientific method or the concept of a scientific model.... And add to their ignorance an inability to appreciate what can be done if you think science has it wrong and you find yourself dealing with a crank professing to know more about everything than real professionals in the field and just come over as arrogant chest beating fools who excel in bullying tactics and dirty low down scum bag unwarre ted personal attack.
    Dam it if I ever tried to help this fool his arrogance took it as preaching.
    And then "others" who express themselves in a most similar fashion is support of the nut bag.
    Another reason I post rarely in the science section is this mob of similar minded nut jobs report you for say not remaining on topic, for example, when thats mostly their game... derailment.
    Again thanks and keep up the good work.
    More power to you for not taking any nonsence from the fools in general and specifically trying to make the gob face the facts.
    End of rant.

So folks you witness first hand a bully still trying to justify, presumably, his action as dishonest as they may be.
    Let it go nick, the god or whoever you are... Just let it go so I dont have to think about your presence.

I am sorry wegs I am venting I am trying hard to put this fool behind me but it is harder than I thought.

Alex

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You overestimate your own importance and intelligence me thinks.
    What you think it should be is totally unsupported and you fail to offer any citations etc supporting your cause. Others have been banned for that.
    Yet you again offer nothing to support your claims.

And really, other then your own ego, what good do you believe your continued erroneous anti science claims are doing? In reality and as I have told you often before, you deny all evidence supporting the standard cosmological picture, but offer nothing to replace it, simply in your own mind, your god of the gaps, that is supported in the following I grabbed from your linked thread...thanks for that anyway...

"Your reasoning seems to be "If scientists don't know everything then they know nothing, therefore The God who knows nothing is just as likely to be correct as scientists. Therefore The God don't have the burden to support his claims, conjectures and debate points, others have the burden to proof him wrong." That's just anti-scientific denial of reality, logic, probability, and possibly ethics.

rpenner, Jun 16, 2016"

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  23. The God Valued Senior Member

Good that you acknowledged that it was a horrible rant.

Alex, grow up, agewise you are already grown up.

Leave this pretention of niceness. More sweet is also distasteful. Be a normal man with a touch of humility and kindness. You are showing off too much niceness, not required if a person is genuinly like that. You are a hermit or you want others to believe the trait that you are a nice bloke with no ill feelings and staying away from hectic city life, relaxing and introspecting. But too much of abuses and bitterness question that.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.